Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Snare Speak enables voice-chat across team boundaries when a survivor is subdued by an infected
    Old 06-19-2009 , 00:37   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
    Reply With Quote #1

Used this today, and it was an INSTANT hit!! Everyone (myself included) absolutely LOVED it.

Ideas:
    1) When someone is covered in bile, give them the duration of the bile. or (since that may be too long) maybe just X seconds long.

2) Actually I had more, but I cannot remember I'll add them if I do.
    n0limit
    Old 06-19-2009 , 06:02   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
    Used this today, and it was an INSTANT hit!! Everyone (myself included) absolutely LOVED it.

Ideas:
    1) When someone is covered in bile, give them the duration of the bile. or (since that may be too long) maybe just X seconds long.

2) Actually I had more, but I cannot remember I'll add them if I do.
    Yeah, I was thinking about that and discussing with some friends.
    Maybe like 3 - 10 seconds, just long enough to hear "aughhhhh I can't see" followed by "HA HA". I'll look into this next.
    mukla67
    Old 06-19-2009 , 00:46   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
    Reply With Quote #3

is the command snarespeak_printchannel default set to 1 so its enabledor do i need to add this to my server cfg?

Idea: Making it announce that this plugin is on the server via chat msg when someone connects to the server if thats possible
    n0limit
    Old 06-19-2009 , 06:05   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mukla67 View Post
    is the command snarespeak_printchannel default set to 1 so its enabledor do i need to add this to my server cfg?

Idea: Making it announce that this plugin is on the server via chat msg when someone connects to the server if thats possible
    It's default is set to 0, updated the main post to reflect that.
    Just add "snarespeak_printchannel 1" in your config or change in console.

It'll then say something like
    "Voice channel created between you and <enemy>"
    "Voice channel destroyed between you and <enemy>"
    Which lets people catch on. I kept it at 0 default because initially it was so hilarious to hear people wondering who's voice that was. Perhaps this is better as on by default.

You could use the Advertisements plugin to let people on the server know you're running this as well.
    Icettiflow
    Old 06-19-2009 , 12:05   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mukla67 View Post
    The only way I could see implementing this besides using the Advertisements plugin is to create a flag set default at zero. Once a channel is created set that player's flag to 1 and display a message to him. It will, of course, only display to those players with flag set to 1 for that session so in essence, once.

But still, it's much more fun to sit back and listen to them either scream or call their team r-tards
    mukla67
    Old 06-19-2009 , 14:08   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
    Reply With Quote #6

ah nah its cool i just sugested an idea before i actually put the plug-in on in my oppinion now this needs no improvements its perfect it reports that the audio channel is open and when its closed and it only displays to the 2 players who are attacking/being attacked.

Great job on this mate my whole clan loves it
    bman87
    Old 06-19-2009 , 16:18   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
    Reply With Quote #7

What a great plugin idea! I will try this out asap =)
    Twitchy
    Old 06-20-2009 , 18:39   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
    Reply With Quote #8

This plugin is awesome, I'm running a 12 man versus server and it's hilarious listening to people constantly talking to whoever they have snared. Great plugin!! Works flawlessly.
    Thraka
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 06-21-2009 , 14:38   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
    Reply With Quote #9

I found a possible bug. I have Downtown1's Score/Team manager plugin on my server. I don't know exactly what caused the issue, but here is what happened.

A friend of mine started on our team at the start of the campaign. We were playing fine when he was disconnected via the stupid no steam login problem. He reconnected and was on the opposite team because someone connected and took his slot on my team. I think I pounced him, or pulled him at some point, and possibly another member of my team did too. When the action quieted down, I used the Score/team mamanger plugin to swap him back to our team. For the remainder of the map, myself, and the other that may have snared him, could not hear his mic at all, he could hear us. The last person on the team, which i don't think ever snared him, could hear him fine.

Once the map changed, we could hear everything fine.
    n0limit
    Old 06-22-2009 , 07:09   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
    I found a possible bug. I have Downtown1's Score/Team manager plugin on my server. I don't know exactly what caused the issue, but here is what happened.

A friend of mine started on our team at the start of the campaign. We were playing fine when he was disconnected via the stupid no steam login problem. He reconnected and was on the opposite team because someone connected and took his slot on my team. I think I pounced him, or pulled him at some point, and possibly another member of my team did too. When the action quieted down, I used the Score/team mamanger plugin to swap him back to our team. For the remainder of the map, myself, and the other that may have snared him, could not hear his mic at all, he could hear us. The last person on the team, which i don't think ever snared him, could hear him fine.

Once the map changed, we could hear everything fine.
    That's an interesting issue. In theory the channels should have been reset once he switched over to your team, but in your case they were not.
    It almost seems as if SetListeningClient overrode the default team channels.

I'll see if I can reproduce the issue. If that is a problem, I think using SetClientListeningFlags on a team switch could fix it. It's going to be a little difficult to test though

*EDIT* I've attached a test version to fix this problem. If you get a chance to reproduce it, that'd be swell.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (SnareSpeak.sp - 466 views - 4.0 KB)

Last edited by n0limit; 06-22-2009 at 13:06. Reason: Added test version