Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Model Fun

Post New Thread Reply   

Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2009 , 07:35   Re: Model Fun
Reply With Quote #21

Added new example model for tf2 only "models/egypt/pillar/pillar_big.mdl" is great to spawn as it falls very slowly for some reason.
Old 03-21-2009 , 07:12   Re: Model Fun
Reply With Quote #22

hey, another quick question. can the models be loaded from my tf/models directory? I ask because loading the alyx model for example is done by executing models/alyx.mdl, and i have no idea what directory that model is coming from. Slightly confused. Otherwise, nice work arg. And thanks again for the updates
Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2009 , 07:16   Re: Model Fun
Reply With Quote #23

yes u can. If u cant find the examples in the directory structure, try going up one level. The source engine loads models from the base mod and from the models directory in the 'mod'
Old 03-21-2009 , 07:23   Re: Model Fun
Reply With Quote #24

Yea, thats what i figured. Amazing response time! haha. Anyways, i just poked around in the source for the example remember hats plugin. Looks pretty solid! So if im reading it correctly, it makes the "config" file in the data folder?
Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2009 , 07:25   Re: Model Fun
Reply With Quote #25

config is in data folder yer.
Old 03-21-2009 , 07:29   Re: Model Fun
Reply With Quote #26

Beutiful, your the man. Next step is to make some models i guess. Ill be sure to test it out (model fun combined with remember hats) today if not tommrw n tell yuh how it works out since noone else here has said much. Do you plan on embedding the remember hats into model fun once all the kinks are worked out? Btw my server runs all your plugins, you know whats good.

Last edited by resin; 03-21-2009 at 07:37.
resin
Old 03-21-2009 , 16:45   Re: Model Fun
Reply With Quote #27

ok my last problem! Everytime i try to load my model, my server times out. I have the models on my whitelist, and in the proper directories on both the server and clientside. I am clueless to why this is happening, and sadly, i cant run my server in debug mode because of my host. Any ideas?
Old 03-21-2009 , 19:22   Re: Model Fun
Reply With Quote #28

1 thing this plugin does not do is upload the models to the clients. Theres a seperate plguin which can do that, also one reason i made the natives is to make it easier to write a plugin which can add custom models to the download table etc.
I cant really help if there is something to do with the model itself the game doesnt like, i know nothing about that.
The model files are off the models directory somewhere? Tried using quotes around the model name when spawning?
Old 04-02-2009 , 09:02   Re: Model Fun
Reply With Quote #29

Great plugin, I have two questions though:

1) Is there a way to remove that:

[SM] "xxx.<2><STEAM_1:2><>" spawned physics model "models\props_c17\oildrum001_explosive.md l" ?

2) Is it possible to spawn an explosive barrel that can explode? If not could you add it to a future release?

Also, I have noticed that sometimes spawning a prop switches my weapon from the right hand to the left one and makes it unusable.

Last edited by nuftsuk; 04-02-2009 at 09:13.
Swordz
Old 04-05-2009 , 11:24   Re: Model Fun
Reply With Quote #30

i'm getting "[SM] Cannot spawn entity from rcon" when i try to use sm_spawnmodel

wtf?

Last edited by Swordz; 04-05-2009 at 11:54.