Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Mattie's EventScripts plugin - Customize your server!

Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2005 , 11:16   Website incorrectly labelled

Quote:
where is the current version on your web site m8 i can just see the link too 0.1.0beta
Sorry about that-- I didn't update the version next to the section on the website. It should be there now. The file in place should have been correct, though.

Quote:
and installed it now my server is crashing with it on when i take it off again , my server is ok
Hmmm... I've verified that it works on Slackware, but no other systems.

1. Just to verify, you downloaded mattie_eventscripts.tgz and placed the VDF and SO file in your cstrike/addons directory?

2. What other plugins do you have loaded?

3. What Linux platform is it?

4. Do you have any event scripts (e.g. player_death.cfg, etc) in your cfg directory at this point? Try clearing those out and loading the server again, maybe one script is working incorrectly.

5. If you add the mattie_eventscripts 0 command to your autoexec.cfg file, do you still see problems? (This would disable the plugin to some extent.) eventscripts_debug 1 might provide more log information, too.

6. From the addons directory, if you type "ldd mattie_eventscripts_i486.so" what does it say? (I can't get access to my Linux box here at work or I'd double-check for you.)

Hmm... I'm not sure exactly what would cause this problem. I'm hoping the information you provide above will help me track it down.

Thanks,
-Mattie
[TGC]spin
Old 03-21-2005 , 11:29  

Mattie,

I had mani's plug ur muggin plug and the new one,,,, i deleated all the plugins server side rebooted the server which was fine "went up ok"

Then i added the 3 pluggins back on -rebooted her and now she is fine...

I also mailed the sp provider "gamesx2" and they said it was a cfg conflict
Which is rubbish as its now working!

Im totally confused as its up now and working

Sorry felt like i have wasted you time..and also thanks you for your swift response

Regards

Spin
[TGC]spin
Old 03-21-2005 , 12:37  

Mattie

Is there any script for nad kills i currently have this in my player_death.cfg

// EventScripts v0.2.0 Example
// Some example player_death commands.
//if (event_var(headshot) equalto 1) then es_tell event_var(attacker) Now THAT was a good shot!
if (event_var(weapon) equalto "knife") then es_msg event_var(attacker) HUMILIATION!
ma_play 5 //"This is a haha sound i use in mani's plugin"

Also if there was a possible script and i introduced it with a sound

Would the sounds conflict with each other when this cfg file is executed

Many thanks

Spin
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2005 , 12:45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TGC
spin]Is there any script for nad kills i currently have this in my player_death.cfg

//if (event_var(headshot) equalto 1) then es_tell event_var(attacker) Now THAT was a good shot!
if (event_var(weapon) equalto "knife") then es_msg event_var(attacker) HUMILIATION!
ma_play 5 //"This is a haha sound i use in mani's plugin"

Also if there was a possible script and i introduced it with a sound

Would the sounds conflict with each other when this cfg file is executed
So, if I understand you correctly, you want one sound played whenever anyone dies. You want a different sound to play when someone dies due to a grenade? If so, I'd write a player_death.cfg like this:
Code:
// EventScripts v0.2.0
if (event_var(weapon) equalto "hegrenade") then ma_play 6 // grenade kill sound
if (event_var(weapon) notequalto "hegrenade") then ma_play 5 // haha sound
I haven't tested this, but I suspect it'd be along these lines.

Does this answer your question? If not, can you clarify a little bit more what you need?
[TGC]spin
Old 03-21-2005 , 13:43  

No what i would like is no sound for a normal death

But only one sound when someone is killed with a nade and one sound when someone is knifed

Does this look right m8

if (event_var(weapon) equalto "knife") then es_tell event_var(attacker) HUMILIATION! ma_play 5 //knife kill sound
if (event_var(weapon) equalto "hegrenade") then ma_play 16 // grenade kill sound

many thanks
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2005 , 13:51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TGC
spin]No what i would like is no sound for a normal death

But only one sound when someone is killed with a nade and one sound when someone is knifed

Does this look right m8

if (event_var(weapon) equalto "knife") then es_tell event_var(attacker) HUMILIATION! ma_play 5 //knife kill sound
if (event_var(weapon) equalto "hegrenade") then ma_play 16 // grenade kill sound
Close-- actually, you probably need to get rid of the Humiliation message since these things don't combine so well:

Code:
// EventScripts v0.2.0
if (event_var(weapon) equalto "knife") then ma_play 5 //knife kill sound 
If you'd also like the humiliation text message (i.e. the "es_msg" part) from my original example, you can add another, separate line at the end of the file:
Code:
Keep in mind that it basically works like this:
if (condition) then commandstring

So if the condition is true, then it'll execute the command string as if it was on a line by itself in a config file. Right now I only support equalto and notequalto for use in the condition part.

Hope this helps,
-Mattie

Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2005 , 22:03   Mattie's Plugin Forum

The SourceMod folks have graciously given me my own forum for my Plugins. The latest news about my plugins will be kept there:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71

If you were listening to this thread for updates from me, now you can get status for any individual plugin you care about. I will try to keep up with this old thread, but please try to use the new forum for getting updates or posting questions, bug reports, help, etc.

Thanks again to BAILOPAN and the SourceMod folks for graciously supporting the plugin community. Drop them a thank-you note when you get a chance.

Once again,
Mattie's Plugins forum:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Thanks!
-Mattie

BoogeyMan
Old 04-10-2005 , 20:45   Trigger sound/mp3 on player connect?

Im not sure how to do this
I need to trigger sound on player connect via steam ID

Is this correct?
es_tell event_var(STEAM_0:X:XXXXXXX) Welcome, event_var(ma_play 2)!

HELP!
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 04-10-2005 , 21:02  

boogeyman go here :

http://mattie.info/cs/forums

EDIt * updated url
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2005 , 08:03  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin
FYI-- the above forums are still active for existing topics, but due to the high volume, I went ahead and made my own forums, too. It's probably best to begin new discussions there:
http://mattie.info/cs/forums

Most interestingly, take a look at the 'script packs' people have written. There are already 21+ mini-plugins published for use with EventScripts:

http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewforum.php?f=13

-Mattie