Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Steve Jobs

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 10-08-2011 , 03:52   Re: Steve Jobs

Developers are good at writing code, and they're reasonably easy to find. Making and shipping high-quality products, however, is extremely difficult. If there was someone with one tenth of Steve Jobs's ability, I would want them managing my products.
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2011 , 04:57   Re: Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
people wont be able to attend his funeral or sign book of condolences or a card of w/e, so they make a thread on a forum to pay their respects that way, if you aren't going to pay them, then just dont bother posting.

what if was someone you cared about?
Well, steve Jobs is not of your familly or either your friend or workmate...
Sorry i don't get all these rest in peace and so on.

And also i don't the comparison we can see from some know people, who compare Steve Jobs to great inventors or genius like Johannes Gutenberg or Leonardo da Vinci. Steve Jobs is in no point an inventor, he is just an excellent industrial...

So no he is not that much important.

Don't remember that iPhone "invention" (if we can call that an invention) is collective and not related to only Steve Jobs.

Last edited by Fr33m@n; 10-08-2011 at 05:03.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2011 , 12:41   Re: Steve Jobs

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/
Quote:
If you would like to share your thoughts, memories, and condolences, please email [email protected]
Old 10-08-2011 , 15:29   Re: Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr33m@n View Post
Well, steve Jobs is not of your familly or either your friend or workmate...
Sorry i don't get all these rest in peace and so on.

And also i don't the comparison we can see from some know people, who compare Steve Jobs to great inventors or genius like Johannes Gutenberg or Leonardo da Vinci. Steve Jobs is in no point an inventor, he is just an excellent industrial...

So no he is not that much important.

Don't remember that iPhone "invention" (if we can call that an invention) is collective and not related to only Steve Jobs.
innovator =/= inventor.

the guy has died, i dont get what part you dont get...death is a terrible thing to strike to anyone and people should sympathise.

remember princess diana dying? Elvis? JFK? Lincoln? Lennon? most people had nothing to do with them but still showed their respect, a thing which you have little of. now, once again, if you aren't going to be nice about the guy, then just ignore the topic.
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2011 , 16:17   Re: Steve Jobs

He didn't invent the mouse, he stole it from Xerox, just like many other innovative features. In fact, many things that apple does are not new, they just reuse old ideas. Only problem I have with apple is they they are a company who works like, "Here is our product. It is good. You're going to buy it and love it the way it is." However, if you haven't already seen it, look up his speech that he gave at Stanford University in 2005, it was really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
Developers are good at writing code, and they're reasonably easy to find. Making and shipping high-quality products, however, is extremely difficult. If there was someone with one tenth of Steve Jobs's ability, I would want them managing my products.
Well said

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]

Last edited by Tirant; 10-08-2011 at 16:20.
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 10-08-2011 , 18:07   Re: Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
if you havent got anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. the guy has died, regardless of who he is and what hes done.

people wont be able to attend his funeral or sign book of condolences or a card of w/e, so they make a thread on a forum to pay their respects that way, if you aren't going to pay them, then just dont bother posting.

what if was someone you cared about?

oh, and you dont have to buy his 'crap', theres plenty of things that would make the world a better place above removing apple and its products.
I didn't really read all what you have written to me, so I just have one thing to write to you:
How come that there is no room for negative posts?
They can contribute just as much to a discussion as a positive post can be. Please follow your own advice and do not reply unless you have something nice to say to me, because I am a self centered person who only accepts positive posts. Oh no, wait, THAT'S YOU.
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2011 , 18:50   Re: Steve Jobs

If you don't have anything nice to say, just keep it to yourself. This topic is not the place to flame Steve Jobs. Show some respect. I read somewhere that he died the ~112th richest person in the world, but if he had kept his stock in the 1980's breakaway, then he would have been the 5th richest person today. So as much as you don't like Steve Jobs, you will never be as successful a person as him, and that's just the honest truth since technically, only 111 people can say they are.

Quote:
Best guess for Steve Jobs Net worth is $8.3 Billion

If you feel the need to post rude/snide comments towards Steve Jobs, make your own topic and then post your thoughts there. BTW, no one likes a selfish person, especially on a forum where people are meant to not be selfish, but you probably didn't read this post because of all of the "negative" comments towards you.

Base Builder [100% done]

Last edited by Tirant; 10-08-2011 at 18:57.
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2011 , 19:04   Re: Steve Jobs

Don't feed the troll.
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2011 , 19:18   Re: Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8088 View Post
Don't feed the troll.
My intentions are only meant to make him or anyone else feel foolish to post comments that people are not interested in hearing here. It's frustrating when people die and some people only have negative things to say about them. Look up this link. What those people do is sick, and I see what he is doing here to be similar to that. If he would like to flame me for some reason, when he is welcome to do that, but in a private message where it is appropriate.

Base Builder [100% done]
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2011 , 19:45   Re: Steve Jobs

I see your point, but at the end of the day it's your time that's been wasted on something that only you care about. And apart from the obvious trolls, people who don't have the courtesy to read the replies they get should just fuck off and start a blog. They fail to understand the concept of a forum and are not worthy of your attention.

In other news, here's the speech that was referred to before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc. Definitely worth a watch.

Last edited by 8088; 10-08-2011 at 19:51.
Closed Thread