Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet

Post New Thread Reply   

Jstn7477
Old 01-11-2013 , 19:42   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
NFO isn't worth the money honestly.

I would recommend http://i4cuhosting.com their servers are minimum spec: DUAL Xeon L5420, 16GB Ram on Internap / Premium Bandwidth Data centers. for $0.79/slot for public servers and $0.59/slot for private servers.
I rent VDSs from NFO (and have been for 2 years) and the prices have gone down dramatically. My TF2 game servers cost $0.65-$0.80 per slot depending on what OS I use and how many servers can be placed on a slice.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-11-2013 , 21:54   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
just saying that he can purely use the internap lines at that datacenter...
Continuum Datacenters does allow this, yes.

You have to buy a fiber network agreement from them and be integrated with them as a racked host, I am not doing that however but I have paid for premium lines from them which I've been told are hosted on the fiber node for internap whichallow me to get 60mb - 80mb outgoing / "unlimited" incoming speeds and 120mb internal speeds via the network.

That's just my web hosting platform.

My gameservers aren't hosted on this network but they are hosted at different datacenters around the USA / UK / now upcoming France/Germany border.

Last edited by Pitbull3; 01-12-2013 at 08:42.
egner
Old 01-12-2013 , 16:05   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #23

I will recommend Swedishhost.com They have good prices and the support is awesome! they really take care of their customers. So go for www.Swedishhost.com
Blondknight
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-12-2013 , 22:02   Re: Planning to Switch hosts from GameServers to Fragnet
Reply With Quote #24

Used gameservers for a little over one year and while I cant complain about there CS (always responded really fast to my tickets) I always had micropauses that they could never get rid of. Lots of packet loss . Switched this month to NFO and so far not one bit of packet loss and no micropauses. Was cheaper as well.