0% 

DOD:S Reverse Tag

Post New Thread Reply   

Dillxn
Old 12-14-2008 , 12:59   Re: DOD:S Reverse Tag
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
I apologize for anything that may have seemed inconsistent in my statement, all I meant was saying that we appreciate and respect those who attempt to further the experience by providing and supporting more plugins (and even sometimes plugins that are not their own). It helps to further the experience. Essentially it's a long way of saying thank you for taking the time to build something that you're willing to share with the community.

Plugins that go unapproved are plugins that are no longer fully supported, no longer updated, no longer managed, etc. Seeing as you're very thoroughly supporting and updating this plugin, I have a feeling it will probably not be going anywhere any time soon.

TBH I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen you on the IRC Channel much (most regular developing plugin authors usually about live on there. But there's nothing wrong with that ;) just a statement.
Haha, thanks for the appreciation! I just misunderstood you. I really appreciate your kind encouragement! I have recently quit my part time job, so I have lots of time to work on this. Again, I want to thank the community for their undying support. I assure you guys that I will release an update in the next couple (maybe few) hours. See you then!
Dillxn
Old 12-14-2008 , 14:14   Re: DOD:S Reverse Tag
Reply With Quote #22

Ok, well, it took me less time than expected, but ... updates!

Last edited by Dillxn; 12-14-2008 at 14:28. Reason: *time
Antithasys
Old 12-14-2008 , 16:11   Re: DOD:S Reverse Tag
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillxn View Post
I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF HOW TO ACTIVATE/DEACTIVATE A TIMER MULTIPLE TIMES! PLEASE HELP! Danke!
More information on what you are trying to do would be helpful. If you can, just use in IRC and someone will help you I am sure.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
Dillxn
Old 12-14-2008 , 16:59   Re: DOD:S Reverse Tag
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithasys View Post
More information on what you are trying to do would be helpful. If you can, just use in IRC and someone will help you I am sure.
Thanks for the advice! I guess it's time to google "what is irc" now... Really, I've never used it. I assume it's some sort of chatting device like xfire or similar.

Thanks.
Dillxn
Old 12-14-2008 , 18:36   Re: DOD:S Reverse Tag
Reply With Quote #25

Ok, it's updated with everyone's requests! So I think it's approvable now... I now just have to wait to see if an approver thinks the same thing

I added a to-do list on the original post, so if anyone wants a feature request, just post here, or pm me about it and I will add it to the to-do list.

And if anyone is wondering: yes, I am planning to continue to update this... to infinity and beyond! lol.
BenSib
Old 12-15-2008 , 05:07   Re: DOD:S Reverse Tag
Reply With Quote #26

Dillxn, I tested your mod yesterday with some boni:

- "it" gets a different skin, more speed and low-gravity
- "it" has no weapons and cant shoot primary weapons
- winning "it" get the right to choose nextmap

Although I wrote down the rulz in motd, people had difficulties. They kill each others (even teammates) instead of hunting "it". (and they have long playernames which messed up the scoreboard.) I suggest 2 ways to get out:

1. Made all players immortal (except "it") and give them all same skin (except "it")
2. Switch "it" in a different team (like axis - all others would be allies)

Anyway, I like your idea and I am sure that this mod could be a success.

Thanks for "it"
Dillxn
Old 12-15-2008 , 10:51   Re: DOD:S Reverse Tag
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSib View Post
Dillxn, I tested your mod yesterday with some boni:

Although I wrote down the rulz in motd, people had difficulties. They kill each others (even teammates) instead of hunting "it". (and they have long playernames which messed up the scoreboard.) I suggest 2 ways to get out:

1. Made all players immortal (except "it") and give them all same skin (except "it")

Anyway, I like your idea and I am sure that this mod could be a success.

Thanks for "it"
Thanks

Yeah, I've had similar problems, I end up having to explain to everyone how to play. If anyone wants to take a crack at making the rules easier to understand (rewriting the instructions), please let me know.

It's kinda shocking that the long names screwed up the leaderboards, since I had an algorithm to fix that exact thing... are you using the current version? I'll test it when I get home.

Code:
I honestly don't like those ideas. The diff skin and low grav (and more speed) reminds me of those WoW DoD:S mods that I just don't like. The no weapons makes it a 'chase the chicken' game, which isn't the point of the mod.

Code:
That might work, except I plan on having multiple rounds of 'it' on one map.

I guess the more servers that have this mod the more people will know how to play it. It's really kind of funny; the rules are simple enough, just hard to grasp. ;)

Oh well, I'll be checking back here often so if you have anymore suggestions or questions, please ask.

Thanks,
-Dillon
Dillxn
Old 12-15-2008 , 12:52   Re: DOD:S Reverse Tag
Reply With Quote #28

oh, almost forgot
Code:
are both interesting ideas... But there are reasons I won't do them...
1. What if you and someone else are both chasing the 'it'. You have a score of, say, 68, and the other guy has a score of 99. He's in front of you. You would want to kill him so that he isn't able to kill the 'it' because, that would mean he'd win.

2. The reason I don't do that is because It might be even more confusing for the players, and I think the beacon is enough of a notifier as to who is 'it'.
BenSib
Old 12-16-2008 , 05:37   Re: DOD:S Reverse Tag
Reply With Quote #29

Ok, I agree with you. But when "it" is in same team as you, you can locate him on your minimap (with the appropriate clientside-cfg) and second (and thats really strange - dont know why valve did it) since Palermo update you cant TK your teammate if you are too close to him.

Last edited by BenSib; 12-16-2008 at 05:42.
Dillxn
Old 12-16-2008 , 10:52   Re: DOD:S Reverse Tag
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSib View Post
Ok, I agree with you. But when "it" is in same team as you, you can locate him on your minimap (with the appropriate clientside-cfg) and second (and thats really strange - dont know why valve did it) since Palermo update you cant TK your teammate if you are too close to him.
Well, that might be a future update. It sounds important. Is there an easy way to turn off the second thing? Like a server command or cvar?