Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 04-29-2012 , 21:33   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Yes there is. Shared hosting doesn't allow inbound DB connections.
Lame.
Old 04-29-2012 , 23:26   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Really? What problems have you had?

I just recently switched from a VPS to HostGator reseller hosting since I got tired of the maintenance required in running a VPS. Plus, it came out cheaper to get HostGator with the free WHMCS offer than to have a VPS and pay for WHMCS, too.
I was moving a site from a bad host to Hostgator, and the site would not come up correctly. There were a bunch of 500 internal server errors. Maybe It was just me doing something wrong. But I was able to move the site to a host like phirefast just fine.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2012 , 01:03   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgunnett View Post
I was moving a site from a bad host to Hostgator, and the site would not come up correctly. There were a bunch of 500 internal server errors. Maybe It was just me doing something wrong. But I was able to move the site to a host like phirefast just fine.
They're a reseller, with LOTS of limit. Just buy a VPS for $19.99 a month and go nuts.
mgunnett
Old 04-30-2012 , 13:56   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
They're a reseller, with LOTS of limit. Just buy a VPS for $19.99 a month and go nuts.
Lol I think not. I'll just continue to use my NFO VPS. Plus this was a for a buddy that needed a cheap webhost soooooo yea. Some website for his work. It's all working now, but good to know about those limits.
Dr. McKay
Old 04-30-2012 , 14:08   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure HostGator has their own servers. I've never really had much of a problem with the reseller hosting, can't say much about the regular shared hosting.
Old 05-05-2012 , 08:23   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Yes there is. Shared hosting doesn't allow inbound DB connections.
Actually that is an incorrect statement, generally speaking Reseller and Shared web hosting are both hosted on shared web hosting platforms. Web Hosting essentially can be broken down into three categories Shared Web Hosting (which includes reseller services), VPS (which comes with root access) and Dedicated (which also comes with root access). Is it possible to host Sourcebans in a shared web hosting enviroment? Absolutely, however in most cases (unless the company is not very mindful of security, you will not be able to run sourcebans without contacting support and having them open up the necessary ports). I think most of the problems you see with Sourcebans on a shared web hosting enviroment is that most companies are not familiar with the script, therefore when a customer requests certain ports to be opened, the company automatically recommends a VPS.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2012 , 14:26   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferngullygraphics View Post
Actually that is an incorrect statement, generally speaking Reseller and Shared web hosting are both hosted on shared web hosting platforms. Web Hosting essentially can be broken down into three categories Shared Web Hosting (which includes reseller services), VPS (which comes with root access) and Dedicated (which also comes with root access). Is it possible to host Sourcebans in a shared web hosting enviroment? Absolutely, however in most cases (unless the company is not very mindful of security, you will not be able to run sourcebans without contacting support and having them open up the necessary ports). I think most of the problems you see with Sourcebans on a shared web hosting enviroment is that most companies are not familiar with the script, therefore when a customer requests certain ports to be opened, the company automatically recommends a VPS.
I never said that about universal hosting, just HostGator, which doesn't allow incoming DB connections on shared hosting, period.
Dr. McKay
Old 05-05-2012 , 14:27   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferngullygraphics View Post
Right. In this context, however, he meant that HostGator's regular shared hosting servers don't allow it. Whether by accident on purpose, however, the server I'm a reseller on has the ports open.
Old 05-07-2012 , 20:15   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

I have problem with Source Bans. I have 2 servers. Both servers are added on webpanel and everything should work fine but it isn't. I use ofcourse the same database for both servers. Server #1 works with no problem but in server #2 there is an errors in console.

Code:
L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Query Failed: near "SET": syntax error
L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Failed to retrieve groups from the database, no such table: sb_srvgroups
L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Failed to retrieve admins from the database, near "SELECT": syntax error
L 05/08/2012 - 01:58:46: [sourcebans.smx] Verify Ban Query Failed: no such table: sb_bans
L 05/08/2012 - 01:59:32: [sourcebans.smx] Verify Ban Query Failed: no such table: sb_bans
Both servers are on the same IP (only have different port) and both can connect to database (for example to hlstats db) but with sourcebans there is that errors ;/ I don't know what I can do with this.
Dr. McKay
Old 05-07-2012 , 22:37   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanc View Post
I have problem with Source Bans. I have 2 servers. Both servers are added on webpanel and everything should work fine but it isn't. I use ofcourse the same database for both servers. Server #1 works with no problem but in server #2 there is an errors in console.

Code:
L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Query Failed: near "SET": syntax error
L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Failed to retrieve groups from the database, no such table: sb_srvgroups
L 05/08/2012 - 01:57:21: [sourcebans.smx] Failed to retrieve admins from the database, near "SELECT": syntax error
L 05/08/2012 - 01:58:46: [sourcebans.smx] Verify Ban Query Failed: no such table: sb_bans
L 05/08/2012 - 01:59:32: [sourcebans.smx] Verify Ban Query Failed: no such table: sb_bans
Both servers are on the same IP (only have different port) and both can connect to database (for example to hlstats db) but with sourcebans there is that errors ;/ I don't know what I can do with this.
Make sure there's no typos in server 2's databases.cfg.