Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

MOTDgd Advertisements (3.0.2 2020/01/04) ** Added 'rewards' (works with CSGO) **

Post New Thread Reply   

boombee
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-04-2014 , 00:10   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaven View Post
@bombee :

What Server do you run?!
I run over 20 CSGO idle servers. Used to be like 9, but I have around 22-23 now.

Last edited by boombee; 05-04-2014 at 00:11.
lionheart1066
Old 05-06-2014 , 08:36   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #272

Anyone having a sudden drop in impressions today? Noticed the ads are failing to load.
Ixel
Old 05-06-2014 , 09:02   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart1066 View Post
Anyone having a sudden drop in impressions today? Noticed the ads are failing to load.
We've noticed the same thing and we believe it's linked to a reduced number of campaigns at the start of the month. If correct, things should pickup this week. We also had a considerably larger than usual amount of impressions this weekend from (what appears to be) CSGO servers. We are working to integrate another ad source this afternoon, a rather large and serious ad source, so that should help out as well.

Last edited by Ixel; 05-06-2014 at 09:07.
mlov420
Old 05-06-2014 , 22:24   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #274

The changes over the past 2 days have caused significant changes to impressions and impression types. My concurrent connections around the clock have more than doubled in the past week, which reflected somewhat correctly the first couple days, but are now generating less than a couple weeks ago when we were getting half (or more than half) of those connections. I hope to see things go back to the consistency they have been at the past couple months.
Ixel
Old 05-07-2014 , 04:38   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
The changes over the past 2 days have caused significant changes to impressions and impression types. My concurrent connections around the clock have more than doubled in the past week, which reflected somewhat correctly the first couple days, but are now generating less than a couple weeks ago when we were getting half (or more than half) of those connections. I hope to see things go back to the consistency they have been at the past couple months.
The only major change we've made is implementing a short frequency cap on video ads for 4 to 5 minutes. No person should be viewing a video ad more often than that. That's about 12 times an hour for one person. Unless there's a different change or changes you're referring to? The two new statistics on the new portal are just display, other than that everything else is as it is.

We've noticed there's been a reduction in the number of ads available recently, just after the weekend infact (when we had a sudden surge of impressions from CSGO servers on Saturday and Sunday). Competition, at least from my region (UK), seem to be having similar ad availability when I test and compare. I'm sure ad availability will pick up for tier 2 and tier 3 in the next few days.

Last edited by Ixel; 05-07-2014 at 04:39.
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-07-2014 , 10:08   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #276

Since the start of last month our daily earnings dropped and I was told it was due the start of a new financial year and not having enough campaigns going. We did experience this near the end of last year and things did pick up pretty quickly, but nothing has really changed since the start of last month and our earnings are not back to what they use to be unfortunately, despite introducing a new server to our group as well.
Ixel
Old 05-07-2014 , 12:53   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Since the start of last month our daily earnings dropped and I was told it was due the start of a new financial year and not having enough campaigns going. We did experience this near the end of last year and things did pick up pretty quickly, but nothing has really changed since the start of last month and our earnings are not back to what they use to be unfortunately, despite introducing a new server to our group as well.
Hi,
I see. Bear in mind that we were originally paying for remnant impressions (aka AdSense) at a much higher CPM rate, subsidised by other CPM (e.g. video). We're now running on a similar setup to that of our competition, though we offer multiple NET payment methods depending on the ad partner serving the ads to your players, and we also run on a revenue share model as opposed to fixed rates (which no doubt would require price floors and further reduce the number of impressions that could be served).

Forgot to mention we also pay when an ad has played 25% of the clip's time, rather than 100% (when it has completely played).

Last edited by Ixel; 05-08-2014 at 04:36.
mlov420
Old 05-13-2014 , 06:39   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #278

I'm not too happy to be honest. We are getting destroyed this month in our rates. Our server traffic is through the roof, almost double on average, yet there are no increases and the amount we're getting paid is down tremendously even when achieving similar impressions on other days. I get that there will be some variance due to tiers, but not that much. I have the statistics of my traffic and based on the claim of 1 ad per IP every 5 minutes, I am getting fucked. I did the math and I'm literally missing above 40 percent of requests that should be going through at that rate. The rest of you should start comparing your server stats with what your MOTDGD Dashboard claims to be requesting.
h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-13-2014 , 08:01   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #279

I've seen the number of registered request been divided by 3 between last month and this month.

My servers are still full so something is definitely no working well.

Sometimes I can see the MOTD takes more than 10 seconds to load on my 200mb/s connection, which is far to long (as I use non-forced ads). This might explain why...
boombee
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-13-2014 , 10:46   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3bus View Post
I've seen the number of registered request been divided by 3 between last month and this month.

My servers are still full so something is definitely no working well.

Sometimes I can see the MOTD takes more than 10 seconds to load on my 200mb/s connection, which is far to long (as I use non-forced ads). This might explain why...
Same here. Btw, what servers do you run?