Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Dominion
Old 10-30-2006 , 07:37   Re: Server redirection

hey xOR,

i have now 9 servers and ingame i type /server and see only 5, and i canīt push 9 for more server.
in the advertising are only 5 servers too.
in the serverlist.ini are 9 server listed.

EDIT: ts found it, MAX_SERVERFORWARDS is standard on 5, set it higher ;)

Last edited by Dominion; 10-30-2006 at 07:59.
Kitami-San
Old 10-31-2006 , 14:54   Re: Server redirection

Hey IDK If you still support this MOD But Ive got a problem with is
Ive tried 1.76a 1.75a 1.71 And The Auto Redirect Does not work. Ive enabled Sockets and Engine, I also Deleted Adminslots.amxx
Manual It Works, everything Works But The Auto Redirection.

Server.cfg
Quote:
redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 1
redirect_check_method 1
redirect_manual 1
redirect_show 0
serverlist.ini

Quote:
[my example server]
address=8.6.74.186
port=27015
cmdbackup=5
noauto=0
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
If Anyone Else Has Gotten It to Work Can you please PM ME Thx!!
Silver Dragon
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2006 , 22:58   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
and what are the problems you have? do you want a different display frequency? does it display wrong or not at all?

did you update your language file? you need to download redirect-beta.txt and don't forget that you need to rename it to redirect.txt. MSG_MORE is one of the new items that the old language file does not provide.

The hud is not appearing on top, ever.

Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Dragon
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 11-01-2006 , 14:07   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Dragon View Post
The hud is not appearing on top, ever.
Make sure you put the server info of the actual server the plugin is on in the serverlist ini, it needs to be in there. (Dunno if that's your problem but the server the plugin is on must be listed)
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2006 , 14:50   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
hey xOR,

i have now 9 servers and ingame i type /server and see only 5, and i canīt push 9 for more server.
in the advertising are only 5 servers too.
in the serverlist.ini are 9 server listed.

EDIT: ts found it, MAX_SERVERFORWARDS is standard on 5, set it higher ;)
there are two reasons why MAX_SERVERFORWARDS has the default value it has:
  1. every number more you have reserves more memory - it would be a waste of memory to reserve space for 15 servers when most of the plugin users only have 2-3 servers
  2. i usually forget to set this value before releasing the plugin - as i test it on my own servers before release there is always the value that i used in there - as i now have one more server, next release will have a default value of 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
Make sure you put the server info of the actual server the plugin is on in the serverlist ini, it needs to be in there. (Dunno if that's your problem but the server the plugin is on must be listed)
i can't say it often enough. the plugin is running on server "66.225.194.107:27017 24/7 Death Match @UnitdGamers.Net", then the serverlist.ini has to contain exactly this server additionally to the servers it shall redirect to. the plugin is intelligent enough not to let people redirect to the same server again and will display it as disabled in the menu. and if you don't want this, you can even add nodisplay=1 to this server. but, again, it must be listed in the serverlist.ini, there is no exception to this - otherwise many things won't work (like the hud messages).

Code:
[24/7 Death Match]
address=66.225.194.107
port=27017
after you added it, you need to restart your server. redirect_reload isn't enough.

Last edited by xOR; 11-01-2006 at 14:53.
Flashhh!
Old 11-01-2006 , 14:52   Re: Server redirection

Well I update to last beta redirection and I also change to a different ip the second server (in the past I had both servers in the same ip but different port). Now I dont have some of the past problems ( http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...=29886&page=14 , problems related that you cant added severs to favorites and others...) but I still have the problem like I cant connect via my remote console to the server. First I must pause the plugin via HLSW and then I can enter to my server via remote console, if the plugin is running is like overflow other internet connections to the server. Remember that Im using WINDOWS servers with amxx 1.75a. In the past xOR answer me that amxx socket module seems to cause the problem, I want to know if someone know any solution for this problem.

PD: Like in the past, the plugin only take the values of the cvars of the .amxx file and dont take the values of the amxx.cfg (values of redirect_active, redirect_auto, etc), so the only way I can change values is to edit .sma and then compile, why?

Last edited by Flashhh!; 11-01-2006 at 15:00.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2006 , 15:09   Re: Server redirection

sounds like independant from the "same server" problem there is some problem with windows servers as well. maybe it is really overflowing your connection, or at least hanging the system's socket layer.
if i get around i will install a server here and see if i can reproduce the errors here but that does not have high priority on my task list. not many people have windows servers, so it's much work for solving a problem of a small group of people. that of course does not mean that i don't care for you, just that in the first place i have to look for the bigger group's needs. also the chance is not very high, that i can fix the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashhh! View Post
PD: Like in the past, the plugin only take the values of the cvars of the .amxx file and dont take the values of the amxx.cfg (values of redirect_active, redirect_auto, etc), so the only way I can change values is to edit .sma and then compile, why?
never heard something like this from someone else before. maybe this is also a windows-specific issue, though i would expect that you have this problem with all of your plugins then. maybe i find this as well when trying on my windows server.

EDIT: btw, can't you try to install some network diagnostics tool to check if the plugin really floods your connection? this would be helpful information when searching for the error.

EDIT2: maybe you can try something: find the line with
Code:
#define QUERY_INTERVAL
and multiply the value by 10. so the default is 20.0, in next step set it to 200.0. then recompile the plugin and put that onto both servers and restart them. check if the problem is a little better or even gone.
continue with multiplying by 10 again, until you tested 20000.0.

then report here.

Last edited by xOR; 11-01-2006 at 15:21.
Flashhh!
Old 11-01-2006 , 16:17   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
sounds like independant from the "same server" problem there is some problem with windows servers as well. maybe it is really overflowing your connection, or at least hanging the system's socket layer.
if i get around i will install a server here and see if i can reproduce the errors here but that does not have high priority on my task list. not many people have windows servers, so it's much work for solving a problem of a small group of people. that of course does not mean that i don't care for you, just that in the first place i have to look for the bigger group's needs. also the chance is not very high, that i can fix the problem.

never heard something like this from someone else before. maybe this is also a windows-specific issue, though i would expect that you have this problem with all of your plugins then. maybe i find this as well when trying on my windows server.

EDIT: btw, can't you try to install some network diagnostics tool to check if the plugin really floods your connection? this would be helpful information when searching for the error.

EDIT2: maybe you can try something: find the line with
Code:
#define QUERY_INTERVAL
and multiply the value by 10. so the default is 20.0, in next step set it to 200.0. then recompile the plugin and put that onto both servers and restart them. check if the problem is a little better or even gone.
continue with multiplying by 10 again, until you tested 20000.0.

then report here.
xOR thanks for your reply. I will test what you said about Query_internal.
Respect about the problem that this plugin dont take the cvars of amxx.cfg is the only plugin that have problems in my servers. All other plugins take the cvars from amxx.cfg.
Which network diagnostic do you recomended me to check for the overflow problem?
Thanks

PD: I forgot to say that also the auto redirect dont work. I have a full server and dont redirect players. Any Ideas?

Last edited by Flashhh!; 11-01-2006 at 16:45.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2006 , 16:54   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Which network diagnostic do you recomended me to check for the overflow problem?
Thanks
i was hoping you would have one. i only use linux servers and there are different tools for that. but for first tests it might even be enough to do 2 things:
- let a ping -t <some internet address> run
- let the task manager open (ofc the "network" tab is the interesting one)
then pause the plugin and watch the values for some time and then unpause it and watch again and look if you see some change.

Quote:
PD: I forgot to say that also the auto redirect dont work. I have a full server and dont redirect players. Any Ideas?
such errors might be subsequent errors of your sockets not working correctly with the plugin, i would not search for these problems as long as the other issue is still there.

it would still be good if you could post the usual debugging stuff again (no matter if you already did it somewhere - you probably changed settings since then). this is all CVAR's beginning with redirect_ and the contents of your serverlist.ini file. surround by [code][/code] tags each.
now that you set you CVAR's in the source file post this source section instead.
Old 11-04-2006 , 02:07   Re: Server redirection

Well I solved this problems:
1) Now Players can add servers on favorites and also see the servers online.
I work a lot to discover the problem but finally I found it. This plugin incredible open a lot of new connections. The problem was on the setup of the router (Linksys). The default bios setup of the router was: IP Filter Settings maximun ports 512, UDP Timeout 3600. I dont know why but this plugin open new connections and in 1 hour take all of the 512 ports of the router!!, so after overload the connections the router didnt accept more and no one could see the servers online. I changed the UDP timeout to 60 and now take a maximun of 120 ports of the 512 (with server full). So problem solved.
2) Plugin now can read cvars from amxx.cfg instead .amxx file
3) redirect_manual works (always works)
4) redirect_show works

Problems that didnt solved:
1) Definitly the redirect_auto on this plugin dont work for me. I used/use another plugin that works fine to redirect players. I use both plugins togethers. In my amxx.cfg file I have:
amx_reservation 4
amx_hideslots 1
2) redirect_announce dont work. The server never show the servers status and is very strange because redirect_show works.

I didnt ckeck if redirect_retry or redirect_follow works.
I put the plugin in debug mode but no errors appears in more than 8 hours with server full (22 players).

This are my cvars:

redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 2
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 0
redirect_external_address 0
redirect_check_method 2
redirect_announce 180
redirect_announce_mode 3
redirect_show 1
redirect_adminslots 0
redirect_retry 0

I think is important that this plugin works on windows servers because its very usefull, any ideas to solve this problems?
Closed Thread