Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-07-2012 , 02:46   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Any errors in your logs? You specified some of the sections multiple times btw..
Old 01-07-2012 , 02:52   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

I figured it out. I was using localhost instead of my DNS.

Question though, how come in listid it shows all bans as lasting for 5 mins but on the website it says perm?

EDIT:

Also is there any levels in SB? Like if I don't want to allow my other admins the ability to remove bans from players that I ban personally is that possible?

Last edited by Fearts; 01-07-2012 at 03:12.
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 01-07-2012 , 03:32   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Has anyone else seen the issue where you can kick an admin that has higher immunity while they are connecting if you run the command in console?
Old 01-07-2012 , 11:50   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Just to follow up: I had a request a few pages back about a addition to a future update. I've also PM'ed the thread creator/plugin creator but no response.

Anyone else working on this project know if this is to be added or possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
I've got a request for the next update if you guys are working on one....

Currently added comments are only seen by Admins givin those permissions or users giving permissions. I'd like to have it where you have the ability to display comments on each ban to anyone that visits the ban pages so someone that is banned can see added comments as to why and whatever they could do to contest the ban.
mgunnett
Old 01-07-2012 , 23:36   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
Has anyone else seen the issue where you can kick an admin that has higher immunity while they are connecting if you run the command in console?
This is just a guess but I'm thinking that is more of a problem with Sourcemod in itself because the admin has yet to be "verified" by the server as an actual admin yet.

Unless of course you are saying that they can't be kicked by executing a command from the menu while they can from the console. In which case that would be a valid bug...
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 01-08-2012 , 07:12   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

It's impossible to detect whether they're an admin until they are fully connected, so it's not a bug. If your admins are kicking higher level admins then you can't trust them and they shouldn't be admins anyway.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 01-08-2012 , 07:18   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Ohhhh, hey, the post at the top of this page reminded me to ask this:

When running SourceBans, do I need to disable the "basebans.smx" plugin that comes with SourceMod?
Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-08-2012 , 08:48   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
L 01/04/2012 - 08:406: [sourcebans.smx] plugins/basebans.smx was unloaded and moved to plugins/disabled/basebans.smx
Yes, but it also does that automatically.
BANNED
Old 01-08-2012 , 09:10   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider View Post
Yes, but it also does that automatically.
Perfect
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 01-08-2012 , 14:34   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

There is a problem I have run into that I think would be a simple fix.

If I ban someone, then unban them via the SourceBans site, it removes the ban completely.

If I ban someone, then unban them via sm_unban, it removes the ban from SourceBans site but still has a 5 min ban via listid. The unbanned player must then wait the 5 mins before being able to rejoin.

I tried using Forlixtempbanfix and still this issue was present.

It would be nice if my admins who have access to sm_unban were able to remove bans in-game without having to wait the 5 mins.

EDIT:

Also there is a option via the website to limit Web Admins from unbanning all players, and just limiting them to players they have banned and players in the same group. It would be nice if there was a way to also do this with Server Admins.

Lastly, I wish you could add admins to multiple groups (if there is already a way I have not found it). Here is a example of why this is important:

Example:

Three groups (Web Admin Groups) Owners, High Admins and Low Admins. Owners have all permissions. High Admins have higher level of permissions than Low Admins.

Fire is in Low Admins and Bans Tim.

Lefty is in High Admins and is unable to unban Tim. This is because he is only allows to unban players who are in his group or player he has banned.

I want Lefty who is a High Admin to have the ability to unban players who are in a lower level group. However, I don't want him to be able to unban players who have been banned by Owners. If I was able to assign multiple groups to Admins it would allow me to add Lefty to both High and Low group. Thus giving him the ability to unban players from both groups.

I hope this is all understood.

EDIT #2:

I can hide IPs from players who are not Admins. However, any Admin can see any banned players IP. Would be nice if in Web Group options there was a Check Box for allowing a Admin to see players IPs.

Last edited by Fearts; 01-08-2012 at 15:14.
Closed Thread