Post New Thread Reply   

mrkris
Old 01-08-2010 , 09:37   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.5
Reply With Quote #261

thanks for the quick reply... all working
xBlues
Old 01-08-2010 , 16:35   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.5
Reply With Quote #262

Hello, and thanks for releasing this great plugin.

I've got it installed following your guide with the prereqs, but I'm having a few problems.

I tested the plugin on a server with 2 players. Upon round end, the red prop player was switched to blue team, but the blue player was not switched to the red (prop) team. I'm not sure where this problem is originating from, but I believe it may be the RunTeamLogic plugin, which I haven't managed to get to load properly.

The second problem I'm having is that when a player tries to switch classes on red team, it disconnects them with the message that class switching is not allowed. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I doubt it. I haven't tried switching classes on blue team but I will give it a go shortly to see if it does the same. If this IS intentional, is there a way to simply have the plugin disallow changes/give a message, as opposed to disconnecting players from the server?

Lastly, as far as I've come to understand pyros are supposed to take damage when they use their flamethrower. I might be wrong on that, it was what I was told by someone who had played prophunt a while ago and it made sense. When we played, blue pyro did not take damage from flamethrower use.

Thank you.
Khadgar
Old 01-08-2010 , 18:41   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.5
Reply With Quote #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlues View Post
I tested the plugin on a server with 2 players. Upon round end, the red prop player was switched to blue team, but the blue player was not switched to the red (prop) team. I'm not sure where this problem is originating from, but I believe it may be the RunTeamLogic plugin, which I haven't managed to get to load properly.
RunTeamLogic is required. So fix that first.
What problem do you encounter on loading then?
I extracted the files and had no problem with this at all.

Quote:
The second problem I'm having is that when a player tries to switch classes on red team, it disconnects them with the message that class switching is not allowed. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I doubt it. I haven't tried switching classes on blue team but I will give it a go shortly to see if it does the same. If this IS intentional, is there a way to simply have the plugin disallow changes/give a message, as opposed to disconnecting players from the server?
The Red team is scout only.
Blu team can select multiple classes. The release notes states Pyro, Heavy, Sniper and Demoman but I have seen Soldiers running around as well.

Quote:
Lastly, as far as I've come to understand pyros are supposed to take damage when they use their flamethrower. I might be wrong on that, it was what I was told by someone who had played prophunt a while ago and it made sense. When we played, blue pyro did not take damage from flamethrower use.
I encountered the same issue, check if you have "tf_weapon_criticals 0" loaded in your server.cfg. If so disable it. It should work fine then.

I noticed something else today. Teams got scrambled when the 3 winnings were reached. This is Arena default behaviour but I believe its an unwanted feature for the Prophunt server.
Its defined by tf_arena_max_streak, default value 3. I changed it to 30 for now. Maybe something for a next release?
Old 01-09-2010 , 00:48   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.5
Reply With Quote #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar View Post
RunTeamLogic is required. So fix that first.
What problem do you encounter on loading then?
I extracted the files and had no problem with this at all.
I will reload it tomorrow after work and see what I get. I didn't realize that I had to use the sm ext list command instead of the sm plugins to see if it was loaded.

Quote:
The Red team is scout only.
Blu team can select multiple classes. The release notes states Pyro, Heavy, Sniper and Demoman but I have seen Soldiers running around as well.
I realize this, however, the server kicking players for trying to switch classes seems a little extreme, especially for first time players of Prophunt. I'm looking for a way to simply have it disallow the class change and/or send a message stating no class changes as opposed to kicking them outright.

Quote:
I encountered the same issue, check if you have "tf_weapon_criticals 0" loaded in your server.cfg. If so disable it. It should work fine then.
Ah, I run a nocrits server, glad it's a simple fix I was worried I had gotten something really borked there for a minute.
Darkimmortal
Old 01-09-2010 , 06:20   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.5
Reply With Quote #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar View Post
I noticed something else today. Teams got scrambled when the 3 winnings were reached. This is Arena default behaviour but I believe its an unwanted feature for the Prophunt server.
Its defined by tf_arena_max_streak, default value 3. I changed it to 30 for now. Maybe something for a next release?
It is intentional actually, stops a team of particularly good players from always playing together ;)

Quote:
I realize this, however, the server kicking players for trying to switch classes seems a little extreme, especially for first time players of Prophunt. I'm looking for a way to simply have it disallow the class change and/or send a message stating no class changes as opposed to kicking them outright.
For the moment, it's necessary. Previously when we had anything less than a kick, people would find exploits to get their weapons and be any class. And the prop removal code often broke.

As much as I'd rather it wasn't as extreme as a kick, the majority of people that get kicked for it come back and don't try it again.

Last edited by Darkimmortal; 01-09-2010 at 06:23.
toazron1
Old 01-09-2010 , 13:51   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.5
Reply With Quote #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
As much as I'd rather it wasn't as extreme as a kick, the majority of people that get kicked for it come back and don't try it again.
From quick testing bugs found so far:
blue is killed at the round end still.
teams switch before the win panel shows up so the losing team shows as the winning team.
When the props lose, the player model is invisible.
People get kicked for trying to pick any class other then random.

Most of these problems can be fixed via this method (which I suggested a while ago):
Code:
public Hook_OnEntitySpawned(entity)
{
    if (entity < MaxClients && IsClientInGame(entity) && !IsFakeClient(entity))
    {
        new team = GetClientTeam(entity);
        switch (team)
        {
            case tRed:
            {
                if (class != TFClass_Scout)
                    TF2_SetPlayerClass(entity, TFClass_Scout, false, true);
            }
            case tBlu:
            {
                new TFClassType:class = TFClassType:GetRandomInt(1, 9);
                TF2_SetPlayerClass(entity, class, false, true);
            }
        }
    }
something along of the lines of that will work perfectly

Last edited by toazron1; 01-09-2010 at 14:25. Reason: code
Send a message via AIM to toazron1
xBlues
Old 01-09-2010 , 14:52   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.5
Reply With Quote #267

Alrighty, now I've got a whole new set of problems.

When the round begins, a 13 or 14 second timer appears and announcer says "Mission ends in 10 seconds". Neither team can move during this period, and scouts appear normally.

This counts down and then round begins, but it seems to have taken it out of the setup time for props, as blue team is able to move freely after the 10 seconds.

Also, on maps that aren't ph, such as dustbowl and goldrush, the HUD notifier for point capture does not show up unless I disable the plugin.

Last edited by xBlues; 01-09-2010 at 14:56.
Darkimmortal
Old 01-09-2010 , 14:58   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.5
Reply With Quote #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by toazron1 View Post
blue is killed at the round end still.
I suppose that could be improved, yeah

Quote:
teams switch before the win panel shows up so the losing team shows as the winning team.
That's long since been accepted as the way it works - it's only ever been complained about at one point where the announcer's "victory/you failed" was the wrong way round.

Quote:
When the props lose, the player model is invisible.
Intentional, to prevent prop removal issues.

Quote:
People get kicked for trying to pick any class other then random.
Never noticed anything like that on my server, other than the RED scout-only kicking.

Quote:
When the round begins, a 10 second timer appears and announcer says "10 seconds remaining". Neither team can move during this period, and scouts appear normally.

This counts down and then round begins, but it seems to have taken it out of the setup time for props, as blue team is able to move freely after the 10 seconds.
That pre-round setup time was intentionally re-added in 1.5 to allow BLU to change class. BLU being able to move after the 10 seconds should only happen on maps with a door on the spawn (and freeze set to 0 in their configs).

Quote:
Also, on maps that aren't ph, such as dustbowl and goldrush, the HUD notifier for point capture does not show up unless I disable the plugin.
OnMapStart is probably running before OnPluginStart (or OnPluginStart isn't running at all) - I'll sort that in the next release.
Old 01-09-2010 , 15:02   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.5
Reply With Quote #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
That pre-round setup time was intentionally re-added in 1.5 to allow BLU to change class. BLU being able to move after the 10 seconds should only happen on maps with a door on the spawn (and freeze set to 0 in their configs).
Yes and no, just switched maps and the freeze is still set on blue team I wasn't aware it was different per map.

However, when playing ph_lumberyard pyros are free to move and the doors are not there. Not sure if it's specifically that map or not, I'll test some others and see.

Quote:
OnMapStart is probably running before OnPluginStart (or OnPluginStart isn't running at all) - I'll sort that in the next release.
It's not a big deal to disable manually before changing out of ph, but at least now you're aware.

Is lowgrav part of the plugin, by the way?

Last edited by xBlues; 01-09-2010 at 15:04.
Darkimmortal
Old 01-09-2010 , 15:59   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.5
Reply With Quote #270

Quote:
Is lowgrav part of the plugin, by the way?
Yup, that's part of the gameplay.