Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Mikejar123
Old 09-02-2012 , 22:04   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
how many bosses?
this sounds like you dont have the latest tf2items extentions
is this windows or Linux?

It is a fresh install of ff2 , i will reinstall tf2 item extensions and see what happens

this is windows hosting
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2012 , 22:50   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

mike, if you are still having trouble, backchannel me and I will give you a link to download a loaded up addons folder to try. Just use your admin.cfg for your admin menu or let me have your STEAMID and I will config that for ya also.

++edited++ I pmed you. I will assume you have the models and materials and sounds in place and just need help with the addons folder

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 09-02-2012 at 22:58. Reason: more info
MrFeld
Old 09-03-2012 , 06:11   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Hi, I have been trying to run a ff2 server, but I'm having the same issue as Mike: after the first round the server crashes for no apparent reason. I tried the last tf2 item extensions but no luck. I have a fresh install of ff2 too, with everything installed correctly. Hope someone can help me, thanks in advance.
Trosty
Old 09-03-2012 , 09:33   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

i have a problem on my ff2 server:

demopan charge, sniper bow, ninja slow not working

plz help me

-

You need a WebDesigner? Hire me!
Send a message via Skype™ to Trosty
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2012 , 10:59   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Li...tem_attributes

So weapons have attributes you can set this way:

"attributes" "" //Additional attributes of boss' melee weapon like "attribute1 ; value1 ; attribute2 ; value2" . For example, "40 ; 1" is hidden "no crit" attribute.

Does the wiki page I linked there match to this? If not, how do I know these attributes? I think it doesn't considering 40 is zoom speed for snipers.
And in another story, just going to mention that on The Outpost (I'm not owner, just an admin), a lot of the bosses are randomly getting civilian glitched as well as players. I'm not certain if which out of all our bosses do it or if just all of them can, but the following do have it happening. I can get more detail later.

Seeman
Ghost buster

Also, I noticed that compared to VSH, super jumping suuuucks ;c almost no propulsion but I guess it's not that easy to remake something someone else made. Also alot of bosses don't seem to have that mantreads effect. Does it have to be added as an attribute or something to the weapon? I'm not sure what attributes are added by default. I guess it's only the extra capture point increase and more damage or something?

Then again, I looked at the sourcepawn code for VSH (the language looks easy, but I don't know anything about how TF2 works and whatnot).
Old 09-03-2012 , 11:12   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Does the wiki page I linked there match to this? If not, how do I know these attributes? I think it doesn't considering 40 is zoom speed for snipers.
Hmm, you're right, it's incorrect: crit mod disabled hidden is attribute #28. That's the right list to use, though. If you know how to make weapons with Give Weapon or Advanced Give Item, you should be good to go.
Quote:
And in another story, just going to mention that on The Outpost (I'm not owner, just an admin), a lot of the bosses are randomly getting civilian glitched as well as players. I'm not certain if which out of all our bosses do it or if just all of them can, but the following do have it happening. I can get more detail later.
Are they getting their weapons removed as well? Which FF2 version are you running?
Quote:
Also, I noticed that compared to VSH, super jumping suuuucks ;c almost no propulsion but I guess it's not that easy to remake something someone else made.
Yeah, the "remade" brave jump is terrible. A definitive case of fixing what isn't broken.
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2012 , 12:17   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I should also mention that you can randomly weigh down (sometimes I see it happen 6 times in a row). Nor is it true to the VSH one ;p In VSH you really have to be getting knocked back to use it, like by a sentry. FF2, a scout shoots me while I'm above him, I can weigh down.

I have done some stuff with that give items thing once.

And by civ glitch, yes, they're getting their weapons removed. I think Rd uses the latest version too, which is apparently still kinda unstable. I'll have to ask him later about what mods he runs.

In the mean time, is there anyone experienced with TF2 and sourcepawn stuff who could help me get started? And no I don't mean a link to the syntax of the language. I'd like to learn how people know what to label things and how they make scripts that affect the game and such.

Edit: Also super jump in VSH, with that, I easily never even have to use rage.

Last edited by Chdata; 09-03-2012 at 12:23.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2012 , 12:58   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

If you looked a few pages back, Powerlord uploaded a new "default_abilities" which fixes the hale's propulsion to be the same to Saxton Hale mod.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...postcount=1936
Set ff2_oldjump to 1

The Civilian glitch is a bug which is caused by a player taunting before the setup round ends. Only works if the player has a weapon that would be removed and replaced by a new weapon.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 09-03-2012 at 12:59.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2012 , 13:19   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

;o that sounds awesome.

Sorry I'm new here, I have better to do that read all 263 pages in this thread.

I wonder how you guys organize, from what I hear noone (can) update the OP whenever this mod gets updated.

That and as soon as I got here apparently the guy working on it quit.

Edit: And with that I'm also very new to how mods work.

I replaced the default_abilities.sp in tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\freaks\

And changed

cvarOldJump = CreateConVar("ff2_oldjump", "0", "Use old Saxton Hale jump...

to 1 like you said, but it didn't change when I reloaded my server.

So I take it I'm forgetting something and am looking really silly.

edit: Added the var to the cfg lol.

Except it still doesn't quite feel like the old hale jump. At least in my custom boss, do I need to change the ability too or something?

If I try to "Get plugin" it links me to a page saying it failed to compiled so I duno if I need that or something.

Edit: Figured out I actually needed that smx file.

Yep, I'm really new to this stuff <.<

Last edited by Chdata; 09-03-2012 at 16:17.
DanK.
oink oink oink >:|
Old 09-03-2012 , 14:08   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trosty View Post
i have a problem on my ff2 server:

demopan charge, sniper bow, ninja slow not working

plz help me

The problem is that power lord released a faulty 1st_set_abilities.ff2 that does not work at all (for me f didn't). Fixed it by downloading eggmans original in the OP
Closed Thread