cyds.dAvE
Old 10-09-2006 , 16:19   Re: Server redirection

When will be redirection to AMXX 1.76a?

Web: http://cs.esport.lv
Forum: http://cs.esport.lv/forum
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-09-2006 , 18:35   Re: Server redirection

wow, i really underestimated the work on this nodisplay parameter. it was pretty hard to fix and i spent quite much time on debugging and finishing this.
anyway, now this also works to what i could see in my tests until now, so i see two last problems to address before new beta release:
- server announcements are cut when text is too long (is likely to happen with many servers)
- the problem that users are not redirected anymore when an admin comes to use an admin slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyds.dAvE
When will be redirection to AMXX 1.76a?
while in my everyday work i need to do project plans and tell everyone when things are finished i love to have the freedom of NOT doing this on my private projects.
having that said, i like to confuse you even more: i could do it tomorrow but will probably not get around as i have other things to do as well. so i think i will finish it on wednesday and if this isn't the case it will in any case finish it at the weekend. was that a good project plan or not, huh?
Old 10-15-2006 , 02:40   Re: Server redirection

xOR, tnx for your plugin, it work
but i've some troubles.

my cs server has ip 192.168.1.200 and gamers connect to server via LAN and via Internet (ip 85.28.202.2). plugin work if serverlist.ini has only 192.168.1.200 ip, but internet gamers cannot connect by this host can you modify your plugin? for example, u can add check for LAN and Internet clients and add for this event local and global server IP?

with best regards...
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2006 , 17:16   Re: Server redirection

unfortunately now that i tested redirection functionality in detail i could not see a single error. maybe because of all the changes i made i already fixed the error as a side effect without knowing (i tested with the current work-in-progress version, because that's the one relevant for next release).
anyway, i started to work on the /retry feature and it's almost finished. this is going to be a big release, i already addressed many of the features that are listed for 1.0. furthermore i started implementing new messages which for the beta version will only be available in english and german at first. i will post them on translation board as soon as i think that all neccessary messages have been added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas_kam View Post
xOR, tnx for your plugin, it work
but i've some troubles.

my cs server has ip 192.168.1.200 and gamers connect to server via LAN and via Internet (ip 85.28.202.2). plugin work if serverlist.ini has only 192.168.1.200 ip, but internet gamers cannot connect by this host can you modify your plugin? for example, u can add check for LAN and Internet clients and add for this event local and global server IP?

with best regards...
that's a feature useful for internet cafes, where you will mostly find this problem. i will add it to the list without predicting any implementation date.
Old 10-15-2006 , 18:28   Re: Server redirection

Will it work with AMXX 1.76a? or not now?

iggy_bus
BANNED
Old 10-16-2006 , 18:03   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
  • show the server announcement to all players that just have connected and just joined a team (while they are still in spectator mode) - redirect_announce_mode must be > 1 for this to work [xOR]
  • redirection to passworded servers [Multiply]
  • server parameter "private" - can be "0" (not private, default), "disable" (server is visible in the list for non-admins but disabled, like nomanual=1 would be set) or "hide" (server is not displayed for non-admins, like nodisplay=1 would be set) [k007]
  • check whether a server has different mod/protocol version than server with plugin running and in this case disable redirection to this server [xOR]
  • hud announcement like "you have been redirected here for the other server was full" and, if enabled, inform of the following two possibilities: [pl2003]
  • redirect_retry 1 - the redirected player can "say /retry" to be sent back to the foregoing server - every QUERY_INTERVAL it is checked whether the server is up and a slot is free and then the player is sent there [pl2003]
  • add a local IP ("localaddress=" in server list) that comes into play for players connected via LAN [bas_kam]
Here are some suggestions:
1) Make auto_redirect to work with amxx 1.76a
2) If server on the list is full (check_method 2) and you can see red brackets (24/24), it does not start redirection at all. But there are admins and people with reserved slot that can always connect to full server. So please make that you can start redirection even if the server on the list is full. Thanks
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 10-16-2006 , 18:28   Re: Server redirection

This works fine with 1.76a...
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2006 , 17:27   Re: Server redirection

yes, as i said, it worked in all my tests. now that SweatyBanana also says it works for him i think a new version would not solve your problem as well. also i can't see anything wrong in your settings. there is some point where you can't do much more than giving up. well, that's valid for me. you can of course continue to try to get it running, as i don't see any reason why it should not work.
the only thing that might be of help is that the next version has more error messages. maybe one of them points us to the problem. or maybe not. it's always worth a try anyway.
only that i don't hurry so much anymore with creating the new version. there are big features i built in that want to be carefully thought about, programmed and checked and since the new job i've got much less free time (from 20:00 to 00:00, subtract time for eating, shower and time i need for my girl from that, and of course i like to play CS, NS and Trackmania - you get the point).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_bus
2) If server on the list is full (check_method 2) and you can see red brackets (24/24), it does not start redirection at all. But there are admins and people with reserved slot that can always connect to full server. So please make that you can start redirection even if the server on the list is full.
no they can't. again:
redirect plugin is NOT compatible with AMXX adminslots.
redirect plugin has it's own adminslots feature, but it will never let the server have 24/24, it will always leave 23/24, so you would never have this problem if the target server has the redirection plugin running. and redirecting to a server that does not have the redirect plugin running is a configuration that does not make much sense. i'm busy enough, i won't start to add useless things now

just to keep you fed with something while waiting, here is the current changelog for things that are already finished in my local alpha version:
  • added functionality for splitting up servers on several selection pages
  • selection menu can now handle up to 999 servers
  • server announcements now cycle through servers with same grouping like menu if servers are more than 8
  • redirection to passworded servers is now possible, either for admins or even normal players
  • introduced serverlist option "password" which sets the connect password needed for this server
  • introduced serverlist option "publicpassword":
    0 = password not public, only admins can have themselves redirected to this server (if passworded)
    1 = password is public, all players can have themselves redirected to this server (if passworded)
  • optimized performance of redirect_reload
  • changed some messages that were displayed in console to be displayed in chat area
  • added a retry queue people can add themselves to with /retry command to be redirected to the server they came from
  • added command /stopretry to drop out of the retry queue
  • added many new messages and error messages

with this list looking big or not looking big to you, remember that things that arise from those changes are NOT listed themself. so e.g. all the work i had with rewriting the handling of "nodisplay" parameter (i really had to rewrite MUCH code, a whole subsystem had to be changed) is not even listed, as it's not a bug or feature, only something that arose from changing the menu display system. there had been other "follow tasks" like this that are not listed, think of this.

the retry feature is what i am currently testing. i expect release of 0.9.0b for the next weekend. it might sound funny to you, but the progress speed also depends much on whether i get a good seat in the train so i can work concentrated on the plugin on my way to work or home.
if i remember and don't forget, i might take some photo from my seat with my laptop with my cell phone and post it here
Old 10-19-2006 , 08:06   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatyBanana View Post
This works fine with 1.76a...

Not for me. I have tried simple version and beta nothing happend

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2006 , 07:35   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyds.dAvE View Post
Not for me. I have tried simple version and beta nothing happend
are we speaking about those two servers:
cs.cyds.lv
cs.4tus.lv

i wanted to check and see if i see any problem, but the plugin is not running there.