Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 11-08-2022 , 15:56   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorutan View Post
I need some help.
I've been working on a custom version, but for some reason I can't find where and why UU awards me 100$ on completing an objective, such as capping a capture point, or pushing a payload cart to a checkpoint.
To check on the amount of money awarded per kill:
At the server console, type: sm_uu_moneybonuskill

To change the amount of money awarded per kill to something like 500:
At the server console, type: sm_uu_moneybonuskill 500

To change the amount of money within the sourcecode:

Search and edit this: CreateConVar("sm_uu_moneybonuskill", "100", "Sets the money bonus a client gets for killing: default 100");

To answer your question regarding the display of images in game, try the plugin called 'Map Decals' by berni. Here's a link: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=607043

I hope this helps...
Zorutan
Old 11-08-2022 , 16:51   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #232

I appreciate it very much, but that's not what I asked
I know and have already changed the money-on-kill amount, but there is some hidden money-on-capture amount that doesn't seem to be written anywhere
You should try it out, set timer money to 0 so you stay at 0$, capture a point, and you'll see you got 100$ out of nowhere, despite having killed nothing
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 11-08-2022 , 18:53   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #233

Do you have some other plugin that rewards players with cash when they capture a point? I do. Maybe you do as well.

If not, see if your version of Uber Upgrades has some sort of event hook for teamplay_point_captured.
AlexKart
Old 01-04-2023 , 10:51   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #234

PC Gamer, I've tried to use your build of UU but only the body upgrades are working for me for some reason. I also tried razor's build, but unfortunately it didn't work for me in MVM (upgrades were not being reset on switching missions or replaying). I get two exceptions with your build, stating that "crit vs players on fire" and "add jingle to footsteps" are not being found, and it blames tf2attributes_ubup.smx. The reason why I switched off the original 0.9.4 build is because of the soft 30,000 cash limit in MVM. I had installed a plugin that increased the hard limit, but it didn't change the 30,000 figure.

For context, this is my first time attempting to create a TF2 server, and I'm using a linux host if that matters. I was able to get the original version working just fine, but the only turn away for me was the cash limit. I've been trying different things for about seven hours now but to no avail.

Last edited by AlexKart; 01-04-2023 at 10:55.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-04-2023 , 17:17   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKart View Post
I get two exceptions with your build, stating that "crit vs players on fire" and "add jingle to footsteps" are not being found, and it blames tf2attributes_ubup.smx.
It would be helpful if you posted your actual error. When the plugin loads it will usually tell you on the server console what is wrong. For example, if it tells you something like "the phrase 'add jingle to footsteps' was not found" that would mean you don't have that exact phrase in your translation file. The translation file is located in /tf/addons/sourcemod/translations/tf2items_uu.phrases.txt I checked that file provided in the post above and found that it does contain those two phrases.

So.. maybe re-download the tf2items_uu.phrases.txt and ensure it is put in your translations directory. If that doesn't work make sure you post the exact error you are seeing.

Common mistakes made with Uber Upgrades (I've made all these mistakes):
1. You add or edit an attribute in the uu_lists.txt config file but didn't ensure that same attribute name exists in the uu_attributres.txt file and the tf2items_uu.phrases.txt file.
2. You add or edit a special tweak in the uu_specialtweaks.txt config file but didn't ensure that same attribute name exists in the uu_attributres.txt file and the tf2items_uu.phrases.txt file.
3. You add or edit a weapon in the uu_weapons.txt file but didn't ensure that same weapon name exists in the uu_lists.txt file.
4. You are still using TF2ItemsInfo and didn't change the plugin timeout value in your Sourcemod core.cfg file.
5. You aren't reloading the Uber Upgrades plugin on map change.

I'm willing to help you with this as long as you post your exact error message here where anyone else with the same issue can resolve it as well.

Last edited by PC Gamer; 01-04-2023 at 17:18.
AlexKart
Old 01-05-2023 , 00:37   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
So.. maybe re-download the tf2items_uu.phrases.txt and ensure it is put in your translations directory.
Yep, that fixed it. I believe that, in my exhaustion, I just saw .txt and placed the file in my configs folder instead of the translations folder.

For some reason, the issue with upgrades not being reset persists, so it might be an issue beyond these builds that I managed to create. I had a similar issue with the original build but the way I fixed it was by using an older version of TF2Attributes. None of the versions I've tried worked, and unlike the previous occurrence, it isn't even giving me an error to work with.

This is slightly unrelated, but this build may not fit my purposes anyway because the soft limit of 30,000 cash in MVM is still in place. Makes sense since you run cp_orange pvp servers iirc, just unfortunate for me.

Thank you for your help! If you have any idea on how I could fix the whole upgrades not resetting issue, that would be great. As for the cash limit, I found that Razor's build successfully fixed it so I'll probably have to switch to his. I don't remember this being an issue in the original Uber Upgrades so something probably went wrong when I was swapping versions. I'll keep trying stuff to figure this out.

I would put the error, but I don't actually know how to add pictures, so here's it typed out. This has been resolved after adding the translation file to its proper place.
Exception reported: Language phrase "add jingle to footsteps" not found (arg 6.)
Blaming: tf2attributes_ubup.smx

Last edited by AlexKart; 01-05-2023 at 01:03. Reason: added error
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2023 , 01:52   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #237

Quote:
Thank you for your help! If you have any idea on how I could fix the whole upgrades not resetting issue, that would be great.
Are you running the UU version included in post 215 of this thread? If not, try running that version to see if it fixes the problem since another person who had that problem cured it by using that version. Link: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=215
AlexKart
Old 01-05-2023 , 02:52   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #238

Yep, just reinstalled it as well to make sure and nothing changed after doing so. However, after fumbling around a bit and reinstalling TF2ItemsInfo, a new error has popped up.

Figured out how to add attachments so here's the images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	launch error.png
Views:	66
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	198824   Click image for larger version

Name:	plugin listing error.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	198825  
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2023 , 03:26   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #239

Quote:
after fumbling around a bit and reinstalling TF2ItemsInfo, a new error has popped up.
Your error shows that TF2ItemsInfo failed to load. It is most likely because because it is timing out as mentioned in common mistake number 4 above.

To fix it:
Edit \tf\addons\sourcemod\configs\core.cfg
Change From: "SlowScriptTimeout" "8"
Change To: "SlowScriptTimeout" "60"

Then try loading your tf2itemsinfo.smx
AlexKart
Old 01-05-2023 , 03:28   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #240

Weird. I set the script timeout to zero which apparently turns it completely off, but I'll give it a shot with 60.

Update 1: Nope, the error occurs as the server is starting up with no delay.

Update 2: Tried to load it with sm plugins load TF2ItemsInfo, but it gave me "Plugin TF2ItemsInfo.smx failed to load: Unable to open file."

Update 3: Tried reinstalling the smx file, same issue as before.

Last edited by AlexKart; 01-05-2023 at 03:35. Reason: didn't work