Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

OLD - SEE SMAC SUBFORUM SourceMod Anti Cheat - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)

Post New Thread Reply   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 05-11-2011 , 20:12   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenT View Post
I join the French translation of SMAC formatted in UTF8 (without BOM)
Added. Thanks!
http://hg.nicholashastings.com/smac/...412e0973e6807f
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-11-2011 , 20:55   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #222

psychonic: I notice the version on your repo is still based on Kigen's original version (using his global banlist server and the Socket extension). Should we change the repo to remove the networking parts of the plugin, or do we need to maintain two separate versions still?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 05-11-2011 , 21:20   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Magotchi View Post
psychonic: I notice the version on your repo is still based on Kigen's original version (using his global banlist server and the Socket extension). Should we change the repo to remove the networking parts of the plugin, or do we need to maintain two separate versions still?
I removed the autoupdate completely. I'm not opposed to having it as optional, but having it pointing at the kac mirrors would have just overwritten SMAC.

The KAC banlist check is optional and defaults to disabled (cvar to enable). socket.inc is required to compile, but the Socket extension is not required to run. If you try to enable checks to the KAC banlist without the Socket ext, it will just log an error and stay disabled without affecting the rest of the plugin.
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-11-2011 , 21:34   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #224

Excellent explanation. I just got curious when I went to compile it and it required Socket, and I hadn't reviewed all your changes. Thanks for the info.
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 05-12-2011 , 00:44   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #225

psychonic's improvements were too good to miss

Quote:
KAC update 1.2.2.0 will be pushed 5/12/2011.

Planned change log:

* Adding kac_net_enable to allow for disabling of the Network module.
* Adding kac_net_usebanlist to control usage of Global Banlist.
* Adding kac_net_autoupdate to control using the Auto-Update feature.

Hello KAC users,

In regards to recent events, I feel that I acted rash in pulling support for KAC on SourceMod due to a vocal minority. I realize now that my actions not only affect them but had a large impact on the quiet majority. Over 2,000 server use KAC day in and out to protect them from exploits and cheaters. It was not wise of me to pull support from these people. I express my deepest apology to the people affected by my rash actions.

Now, in light of this I am proud to announce that development for KAC on SourceMod will continue. I still welcome useful contribution from anyone willing. It would be much appreciated.

Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-12-2011 , 01:25   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #226

:-)
nightrider
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-12-2011 , 01:34   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #227

Yes I'm also pleased by the about face.
It's nice to have the option of opting in or out of functionality.

alongub
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2011 , 01:34   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #228

SMAC shouldn't have a global banlist imo.

BTW: Is the new announcement from Kigen going to change something?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 05-12-2011 , 06:56   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongub View Post
SMAC shouldn't have a global banlist imo.
There are no plans that I'm aware of for it to have it's own. The ability to check against Kigen's is left in as optional (default disabled) for those who still want to use it for time that it's available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongub View Post
BTW: Is the new announcement from Kigen going to change something?
Yes, after over a year of refusing to make the network functionality optional, he's finally giving in now that this fork is getting development behind it (beyond just making a version without that functionality).

There are other fixes in SMAC as well. I don't know what others have planned, but I can post a human-readable version of the in-progress changelog.
alongub
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2011 , 07:08   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #230

1. No, I meant that in my opinion it should have or connect to any global banlist. A global banlist of cheaters is a good idea, but as another unit - not part of SMAC.

2. by 'going to change something', I meant - is the development of Smac going to stop because Kigen is back to his plugin?

Anyway, SMAC sounds really great, and I'm looking forward for it. A changelog would be awesome.

Thank you.

Last edited by alongub; 05-12-2011 at 07:10.