Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2011 , 14:25   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

@Flamin: in the end, some people want A and others want B. You could however just give people the option by making it a cvar. Keeping everyone happy.
Old 10-10-2011 , 14:44   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

In relation to the stun effect, personally I don't think that something that immobilises Hale that easily would be a good idea. Recently on the server I've been playing, people like to go Heavy/Medic pair on Dunger, hide in the vent entrance and then pin Hale with crit Ubered Heavies when he crouches under the big wooden area. While this is good teamwork and all, it makes Dunger a nightmare to play for both Hale and the other team mates due to the briefness of the rounds and the fact that it makes playing Hale on that map a very unsatisfying experience.

I think that in the end, Hale's abilities need to be balanced against the abilities of the other team; that's what makes TF2 fun in the first place, because no team combination (apart from perhaps a full team of Heavies, but they're the least popular class anyway) can completely break the other team provided teamwork is being employed. In Hale's situation he is the entire team, and so it makes sense to ensure that nothing that the opposing team can do can completely lock him down (hence I guess why things like the Weighdown were added). With the Short Circuit it would be remarkably easy for a couple of Engineers to gather some dispensers and provide a constant stun lock, and in my view could potentially break the gameplay of the entire mode; while the Dunger situation can only be employed really on Dunger, the Engineers would set up this trap on any map, over and over again, and repeatedly make playing as Hale more of a chore than a fun experience. I'm all for some method of escape for Engineers, but not something as easily spammable as that. In an ideal world it would be something equivalent to the Scout knockback (and I think bringing that back would be a good idea), in that if you aim/time the ability right then you can make Hale's life harder and steal a chance to get away, but not make it exploitable and yourself impossible to catch.
Send a message via Skype™ to x6herbius
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2011 , 14:58   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpgrules View Post
Hi Sarge,
I just noticed the hale commands dont work either (/hale, /hale_next) in chat. Since I just installed this I checked sm exts list and nothing showed up (please see screenshot). Plugin works fine, checked that. All I did was upload TF2items, SDKHooks, and Saxton files. I am a bit new to this, but is there something more I need to do besides uploading the extensions? I was reading about updating the extensions (unsure how to do).
Any additional help would be appreciated. Thank you.
sm exts list only outputs stuff into rcon.
Check sm_cvar hale_enabled (in client console), see what that's set at. If need be, I can join up on your server to see what's up, later.

To everyone else:
I have an idea for a Medic buff: double jumping (at the expense of 10-15 health like the atomizer). Yes/no? (SCOUT+MEDIC RUSH GOGOGO)

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2011 , 15:47   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

@x6herbius: engineer stun hale, people stab/shoot hale.. hale taunts... engy dies. I really dont see that much engineers using a tactic to keep him stunned all the time.

@Flamin: how about the old fashioned needle jumping? Or letting the medic needle a player upwards with his needles?
Old 10-10-2011 , 16:05   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

+1 to needle jumping.
Send a message via Skype™ to x6herbius
DanK.
oink oink oink >:|
Old 10-10-2011 , 21:50   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

maybe make kritzkreig allow needlejumping but on ubercharge only crits, no invulnerbility?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2011 , 04:08   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

All mediguns have the same effects at the moment, and I think that's probably for the best (Uber + Kritz as well as the Speed boost from healing scouts). The needle jump sounds like something good to do.

snelvuur: You're talking about 1 engy. x6herbius and I are talking about multiple engies, just enough away from each other that one can run in to re-stun hale once he rages. It's a fine effect to have for one engy, but with groups of engies it becomes easily exploitable (as opposed to difficultly exploitable, such as the Huntsman stunlock).

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2011 , 12:00   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
@Flamin: in the end, some people want A and others want B. You could however just give people the option by making it a cvar. Keeping everyone happy.
I want new "bosses" and/or FF. I don't understand why spending so much energy in tweaking/trying to balance gameplay for VSH. Isn't it by its very nature suppose to be unbalanced?

Last edited by MaloModo; 10-11-2011 at 12:26.
napalm00
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2011 , 13:10   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
I want new "bosses" and/or FF. I don't understand why spending so much energy in tweaking/trying to balance gameplay for VSH. Isn't it by its very nature suppose to be unbalanced?
Agreed, I think you can stop with adding new weapons now.
Old 10-11-2011 , 14:17   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

The latest vesions completly had broken arena_grid_walls map. The doors now open all at the same time.
Send a message via Skype™ to wasder
Closed Thread