Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod

Post New Thread Reply   

The Art of War
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2010 , 14:07   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid77 View Post
The offsets have changed you will need to update them.
Are we talking every single, separate gamedata file that comes with each plugin that needs one? So all plugins needing one will have to updated?
Old 12-19-2010 , 14:33   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Art of War View Post
Are we talking every single, separate gamedata file that comes with each plugin that needs one? So all plugins needing one will have to updated?
He was talking to UserFriendly and telling him he needed to fix his plugin(s) to reflect the changes.

For your question, it depends on what plugins/exts you have loaded on your server... if all you have is MM and SM, then just use the latest and you're cool... if you have plugins that need SDKHooks, then you'll need to update the gamedata for SDKHooks... if you have plugins that need dukehacks, then you might need to update the gamedata for dukehacks... etc etc etc... it all depends on your particular flavor of server and what you have/had running
liquid77
Old 12-19-2010 , 14:34   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #203

I read some where sourcemod should update the gamedata files? Someone will have to verify this though?

I had to manually edit mine since my server would not run more than a second before crashing.
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2010 , 15:48   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #204

sm will update its own files... but you cannot expect it to know how to update a plugin written by some random person some random place... as stated above, if all you use is the core stuff just update to latest snappy... if you have a very custom setup, you may need to do more...
Old 12-19-2010 , 16:49   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #205

for me the only gamedata files to update are SDK Hooks, gungame and weapon restrict. an updated gamedata file for SDK Hooks is available in the SDK Hooks forum thread, i could even take the offsets for the restricted weapon gamedata from the new SDK Hooks gamedata file. now the only thing missing is the offset values for the gungame gamedata file.
so does anyone know the new offsets for the gungame.games.txt ("EndMultiplayerGame" and "GetSlot")?
or maybe they didnt change at all...
nedak
Old 12-19-2010 , 16:53   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #206

I uninstalled sourcemod and then reinstalled to the latest snapshot and it appears that it still doesn't work...
Computermaker
Old 12-19-2010 , 18:29   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #207

I'm running sourcemod V.1.2.7-hg3067 and MetaMod V.1.8.5-hg750 My windows based DOD:S server and my 100 plugins are working great..

First thing to do. Turn off server.

1. Download and install MetaMod version 1.8.5-hg750 .

2. Then I copied the latest Sourcemod Gamedata directory to the server from the file sourcemod V.1.3.7-hg3084.

Then start the server.

Last edited by Computermaker; 12-19-2010 at 20:33.
liquid77
Old 12-19-2010 , 18:51   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRb0 View Post
for me the only gamedata files to update are SDK Hooks, gungame and weapon restrict. an updated gamedata file for SDK Hooks is available in the SDK Hooks forum thread, i could even take the offsets for the restricted weapon gamedata from the new SDK Hooks gamedata file. now the only thing missing is the offset values for the gungame gamedata file.
so does anyone know the new offsets for the gungame.games.txt ("EndMultiplayerGame" and "GetSlot")?
or maybe they didnt change at all...
Try +1 for each offset and see if that works.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 12-19-2010 , 18:55   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid77 View Post
Try +1 for each offset and see if that works.
While some did change by one in the update, that's generally terrible advice to just go blindly changing numbers.
liquid77
Old 12-19-2010 , 19:00   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
While some did change by one in the update, that's generally terrible advice to just go blindly changing numbers.
I will admit that its not great advice but if it works and he posts back success thats one more plugin down

The current offset page has not been updated since october if I remember correctly. And most offset questions are +1 so its worth a try.