Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15

Post New Thread Reply   

AI_
Old 06-24-2016 , 08:11   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #201

I wouldn't recommend it.

Even if we bypass the DR plugin's player freeze and prevent player respawns through code, some DR maps actually use OnArenaRoundStart from tf_logic_arena and that can't be replicated easily.

Last edited by AI_; 06-24-2016 at 08:13.
Ashank
Old 07-12-2016 , 09:20   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #202

So i installed the plugin and everything works fine but no message if someone wants to be the death and how do i set that there can be only 1 death because it reads maps as arena so its balancing teams even with autobalance and team balancing disabled.
Synthax
Old 07-13-2016 , 14:41   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashank View Post
how do i set that there can be only 1 death because it reads maps as arena so its balancing teams even with autobalance and team balancing disabled.
This is built off of the arena gamemode. If players are being placed on a team automatically, with only the arena selection door, you have not installed the plugin correctly, or something is interfering with it's function. This isn't an issue with settings of this plugin, as there is no such setting to increase the number of blue team players.

Quote:
So i installed the plugin and everything works fine but no message if someone wants to be the death
What?

The plugin isn't working at all if what you say directly afterward is correct.

Last edited by Synthax; 07-13-2016 at 14:43.
Ashank
Old 07-17-2016 , 17:44   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthax View Post
This is built off of the arena gamemode. If players are being placed on a team automatically, with only the arena selection door, you have not installed the plugin correctly, or something is interfering with it's function. This isn't an issue with settings of this plugin, as there is no such setting to increase the number of blue team players.

What?

The plugin isn't working at all if what you say directly afterward is correct.
Reinstalled the plugin and got the team to balance and choice to be death but still some maps are not seen as arenas which allows players to join team blue as they want i'm not sure that it can be fixed with the plugin or it's the map. I don't know much about programming so i don't know how it works.
misterG
Old 07-18-2016 , 10:02   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #205

Quote:
Reinstalled the plugin and got the team to balance and choice to be death but still some maps are not seen as arenas which allows players to join team blue as they want i'm not sure that it can be fixed with the plugin or it's the map. I don't know much about programming so i don't know how it works.
Can you give examples...like what are the maps that are not detected as arena ?
Old 07-19-2016 , 16:26   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterG View Post
Can you give examples...like what are the maps that are not detected as arena ?
dr_bank_v6 one of the maps that don't seem to show up as arena and all maps i use are gmodtech maps.
misterG
Old 07-20-2016 , 05:14   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #207

Quote:
dr_bank_v6 one of the maps that don't seem to show up as arena and all maps i use are gmodtech maps.
Seems to work fine for me...idk what is your problem.
Old 08-28-2016 , 14:06   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #208

There needs to be some limit to the number of players who can be opted out at any given time. Too many times has my server come to a stop because all of the players have opted out of playing death and so it gets stuck with no one to pick from.

Ideally this needs to be set by CVAR, and have an admin command to override player preferences.

Quote:
Good choices!
Old 09-01-2016 , 06:29   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #209

Yeah, Bank is played a lot on my DR. Thank god that FR button is gone. but the FR one on 4halls always tricks people since it does the Auto mode.

Hope one day the "Spectator glitch" is fixed so DeathRun stops picking people that are Spectating.

Click on the banner to explore my servers and more
Send a message via ICQ to Transit Of Venus Send a message via Skype™ to Transit Of Venus
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 09-12-2016 , 20:38   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #210

I've been looking at the source code of the latest version ClassicGuzzi posted and I have a suggestion regarding opting out of being Death and how to fix the issue of it potentially fucking servers up when nobody wants to be Death. Actually, it's more of a multiple choice situation.

1. Completely remove the ability to opt out of being Death and force people to participate.

2. Get rid of the client cookie stuff for opting out. That's gonna end bad in the long run for big servers when everyone opts out of being Death and the game mode comes to an ass-grinding halt. Just set a bool or an int (g_bDontBeDeath = true/false or g_iDontBeDeath 0/1) in the command, check for the bool or int when selecting a Death and ignore any client with the bool/int set to true/1. Then when the round is over, reset the opt-out on them but let them know their opt-out status has been reset for the new round, and maybe add in a light suggestion to give being the Death a try?

3. Pre-round start, run a check of all clients to see if everyone on the server is opted out. If everyone is opted out, then have the plugin forcibly select a Death at random anyway, putting an end to the ass-grinding halt.

Also, the spectator glitch should be an easy fix. If the thing is picking spectators, then obviously whatever valid team check it's using isn't working properly. Again, a suggestion:

PHP Code:
// there's nowhere to run to, when death becomes you - 50 cent
bool CanClientBeDeath(int client)
{

// yo dawg what you reppin'

TFTeam clientteam TF2_GetClientTeam(client);
    if(
clientteam == TFTeam_Red)
    {

// yea mothafucka you can be death

return true;
    }
    else if(
clientteam == TFTeam_Blue)
    {

// yea mothafucka you can also be death

return true;
    }
    else
    {

// nah dawg, get the fuck out of here

return false;
    }

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 09-12-2016 at 20:51.