Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CSS/HL2DM] Vehicle Mod

Post New Thread Reply   

blodia
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2010 , 15:25   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #201

i spent hours looking through the sdk code to look for information regarding bonemerge and didn't find much useful information. i also tried a view things non of which made any difference. while googling bonemerge i came across someone having the same rotation problem in gmod, it seems bonemerge is broken or something.

only thing i can think of at the moment is to rotate the bones the right way manually in whichever software you used to make the vehicles, which means loads of trial and error per bone. also you don't need to load up the game to check the bonemerge, open the model in the modelviewer in the sdk and from the file menu choose load weapon then choose a player model.
he_captain
Old 12-08-2010 , 22:07   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #202

More screenshots HL2DM.
It works!!!

AWESOOOMENESS!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bb_circuit_captains_v10009.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	78715   Click image for larger version

Name:	bb_circuit_captains_v10028.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	78716   Click image for larger version

Name:	bb_circuit_captains_v10050.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	78717   Click image for larger version

Name:	bb_circuit_captains_v10034.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	78718  
blodia
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2010 , 15:02   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #203

i'm debugging the exit vehicle code at the moment so my next release isn't far off. at the moment the server command to spawn a vehicle in front of players will have an extra parameter to choose whether to force players into the vehicle or not. i wanted to know if people would like the option to force players in or if i should force them in by default and leave out the option. the reason i ask is because if you spawn a vehicle in front of the player then surely they'll want to get in it so why not just force them in automatically.
veta76
Old 12-16-2010 , 05:08   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #204

I'm a newbie and need some help. I have the same problem that was described above. This is player's view angle by exiting or boarding the vehicle. The player must look to the side, where looked before exiting or boarding the vehicle, i.e. does not depend on the vehicle itself. Unfortunately I did not understand the description of the recommendations. Can anyone give a more detailed description of the actions. Where in the program should i make these changes?
CoB Pitbull
Old 12-16-2010 , 19:26   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #205

Hi @ll Nice Plugin in dods when i go into the vehicle i can not drive and the server crasht and an other question how can i put the us jeep from dods and the axis jeep in the plugin integrate ???

Sry 4 my bed English
blodia
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2010 , 06:47   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #206

there are many issues with the current release which will be fixed in the next one, so if you can stay patient until i can sort it out.
kossolax
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-19-2010 , 05:40   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #207

Recent Source update make server crash. You need to update offsets (+1).

Last edited by kossolax; 12-19-2010 at 05:56.
blodia
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2010 , 12:10   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #208

thanks for that kossolax, i'm not going to update the offsets in the first post as i'm nearly done with the next release that won't need offsets. if it wasn't for valves update i probably could have released it later today.
blodia
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2010 , 15:09   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #209

i've been trying to get the damn exit function working all week and i just realised something i overlooked. the vehicle entity i'm using now has no sounds and doesn't support sounds ... i hardly ever turn my speakers on when coding/testing so i never noticed. also it doesn't seem like i'll be able to get the boost working either.

do vehicle sounds and boosting matter a lot to people?
kossolax
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-24-2010 , 18:35   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #210

yes, but it's better to have, firstly, a working version for lastest Valve's update.
For me, sound can wait