Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Hero Idea: Zero G

Post New Thread Reply   

Fatebringer
Old 11-11-2004 , 18:22  
Reply With Quote #11

It wouldn't do anything until they made even the slightest vertical move (jumping, climbing stairs, etc.)

But once they did, they'd rise. That is why they talked about making them jump automatically.
SuperHero Moderator
Old 11-11-2004 , 19:59  
Reply With Quote #12

Sorry, wasn't aware of dreadnaught or Sky Hanger

This is an easy hero to make whoever wants to try it, I just wanted suggestions for power use.
So either:

A) On keydown set an enemies gavity to 0 while forceing them to be lifted. 0 gravity is set on the enemy for a cvar time period, and a cvar for cooldown between uses. Also possibly set enemies gravity relativly high after the 0 grav time period so that it would cause damage on fall.

Problem with this is:
Quote:
In order to reduce the pull of gravity on an object or a living being other than himself, Gee must be in physical contact with object or being.
or

B) On keydown set your own gravity to 0, not forcing a lift so you can jump to lift yourself. Now either a choice or keyup (means you hold the key down to use the power) or toggle (second keydown) to remove the gravity, but gradually remove it so it just don't fall down. Obviously a cvar is needed for cooldown.

I don't think it would be that overpowering with timed cvars, thats what cvars are good for anyway to make heroes less overpowering. B would probably be best since it actually fits the heros power and a power hasn't been made to set yourself to 0 gravity (as far as I know).
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 11-11-2004 , 20:23  
Reply With Quote #13

dreadnaught actually took advantage of amx_rocket on the player that shoots you, I still have to try skyhanger, not sure if that was ever released in the old forum
Old 11-11-2004 , 23:33  
Reply With Quote #14

maybe make it if you touch someone it sets both your gravity to 0, forces you both to jump but then sets the targets gravity to something like 3x normal, would kind of simulate a grab-jump-throw down sort of move
FLASHBANGER14
Old 11-11-2004 , 23:45  
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Chiva Said: dreadnaught actually took advantage of amx_rocket on the player that shoots you, I still have to try skyhanger, not sure if that was ever released in the old forum
Theres a skyhanger in these forums wat it does when the person that dies has it the person that killed him is lifted in the air and slowly lowered
Send a message via AIM to FLASHBANGER14 Send a message via MSN to FLASHBANGER14 Send a message via Yahoo to FLASHBANGER14
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 11-11-2004 , 23:51  
Reply With Quote #16

yea thats why i put the links in the post above... but prowler's idea sounds like a wrestler or something...

maybe this wasn't such a good suggestion but whatever...
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Prowler
Old 11-12-2004 , 02:16  
Reply With Quote #17

Lol your right, mine does sound like a wrestler, prolly not a good idea for a "zero g" power, but maybe as another hero alltogeher...
{Everybody}
Old 04-02-2005 , 14:37  
Reply With Quote #18

No clue if this helps but Admin Personal Gravity Is an AMX plugin that sets the gravity of one person by amx_grav Name %ofgrav. Also if you wanted it overpowered, say if Freecode shoots you, have
Code:
amx_grav Freecode -1000 drop
run. This will make Freecode fly straight up in the air, and drop his weapons. Also, it would not require freecode to jump. Also, just as another idea, have a command such as admin_glow Freecode Blue (adminmod) run.
Send a message via AIM to {Everybody}