3% 

Issues with MySQL and delays

Post New Thread Reply   

Puppetmaster
Old 01-23-2017 , 18:12   Re: Issues with MySQL and delays
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwahgnerbp View Post
If it's a different machine how much latency does it have between the two machines?
I don't know about other coders here but I like to keep a local cache of relevant SQL data within the plugin and try hit the database in threads as much as possible. In the case of my ranks plugin it caches player data when they connect and does reads and writes in a non blocking way whenever possible.

GZS Servers
plock
Old 01-25-2017 , 18:36   Re: Issues with MySQL and delays
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwahgnerbp View Post
There are a lot of questions coming out from my mind right now:

Where is the database server hosted? Different or same machine? I couldn't find it clearly from your previous posts sorry.

If it's a different machine how much latency does it have between the two machines?
The database is hosted on the same machine.

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile
plock
Old 01-25-2017 , 18:41   Re: Issues with MySQL and delays
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetmaster View Post
I don't know about other coders here but I like to keep a local cache of relevant SQL data within the plugin and try hit the database in threads as much as possible. In the case of my ranks plugin it caches player data when they connect and does reads and writes in a non blocking way whenever possible.
I'm using RankMe by Kento as rank for players. I changed to MySQL as you mentioned before and it helped with the server var too. The issue with the delays seems to be solved.

Do you know if bots, even on stealth and hidden are as heavy as like playing or it doesn't affect? I asked because my CPU Usage is too high and the servers are having some weird spikes on the var during the round start.

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile

Last edited by plock; 01-25-2017 at 18:44.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-26-2017 , 06:09   Re: Issues with MySQL and delays
Reply With Quote #14

In regards to Windows Firewall, having that on is a bad idea. An attack towards you will just freeze up your machine.

EDIT: As well as having EVERYTHING on the same dedicated server is a very bad idea.

Last edited by Lubricant Jam; 01-26-2017 at 06:14.
plock
Old 01-26-2017 , 12:04   Re: Issues with MySQL and delays
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubricant Jam View Post
In regards to Windows Firewall, having that on is a bad idea. An attack towards you will just freeze up your machine.

EDIT: As well as having EVERYTHING on the same dedicated server is a very bad idea.
I was looking with the host to rent a second machine and try to split things. The main issue is that they don't any more slots available and hardware :/. Thanks for the contribution.

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile
Puppetmaster
Old 01-26-2017 , 16:57   Re: Issues with MySQL and delays
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by plock View Post
I was looking with the host to rent a second machine and try to split things. The main issue is that they don't any more slots available and hardware :/. Thanks for the contribution.
If you don't mind running the DB on a VPS you can get some cheap ones from LowEndBox. They tend to have deals every so often in various regions. You MUST read their AUP and TOS as some don't allow heavy CPU usage.

These servers are likely not suitable for running SRCDS and are aimed at people running websites and databases.

GZS Servers

Last edited by Puppetmaster; 01-26-2017 at 16:58.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-27-2017 , 03:28   Re: Issues with MySQL and delays
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
If you don't mind running the DB on a VPS you can get some cheap ones from LowEndBox. They tend to have deals every so often in various regions. You MUST read their AUP and TOS as some don't allow heavy CPU usage.

These servers are likely not suitable for running SRCDS and are aimed at people running websites and databases.
To add onto this, you can try and aim to get a VPS from another company in the same data centre (if they're a shared data centre) and do all your web hosting stuff there. You'll have near to no latency at all. If you can't do that then try to aim for a VPS located in the same city and just keep working by radius.

The lower latency the better as CS:GO is very quick to drop unless you put timeouts (which I am too lazy to do )
plock
Old 01-27-2017 , 18:54   Re: Issues with MySQL and delays
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubricant Jam View Post
To add onto this, you can try and aim to get a VPS from another company in the same data centre (if they're a shared data centre) and do all your web hosting stuff there. You'll have near to no latency at all. If you can't do that then try to aim for a VPS located in the same city and just keep working by radius.

The lower latency the better as CS:GO is very quick to drop unless you put timeouts (which I am too lazy to do )
I will look forward to do that and test in the near future. Thank you very much for the tips . I'm trying to lower my expenses with the servers before I invest in something else, because it's too much expensive :c.

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile