Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Rates

Post New Thread Reply   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 04-08-2013 , 12:04   Re: Rates
Reply With Quote #11

Oh wonder, i never had lag, loss or choke on my bad 100fps server.
as long as your cmd_rate, cl_rate and cmd backup isn't above 100 you will NEVER use any of the fraes calculated from the server as you only REQUEST those 100fps from the server. Think one more time about what i saied. As long as your server is STABLE with these 100fps you will NEVER have a worse exerience than on a 1000fps server. With the little difference that your blown up 1000fps server needs: much more CPU than mine (for those 900 frames extra) and much better hardware to hold them stable. Because if for any reason it reaches it's maximum CPU or memory it will drop packets from incomming cmds of clients and stop sending packets to the clients simply to hold the fps as stable as possible. But yeah 1000fps sounds better than 100, so it must be better for sure.

seriousspot
BANNED
Old 04-08-2013 , 12:15   Re: Rates
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Oh wonder, i never had lag, loss or choke on my bad 100fps server.
as long as your cmd_rate, cl_rate and cmd backup isn't above 100 you will NEVER use any of the fraes calculated from the server as you only REQUEST those 100fps from the server. Think one more time about what i saied. As long as your server is STABLE with these 100fps you will NEVER have a worse exerience than on a 1000fps server. With the little difference that your blown up 1000fps server needs: much more CPU than mine (for those 900 frames extra) and much better hardware to hold them stable. Because if for any reason it reaches it's maximum CPU or memory it will drop packets from incomming cmds of clients and stop sending packets to the clients simply to hold the fps as stable as possible. But yeah 1000fps sounds better than 100, so it must be better for sure.
Thank you, finnaly you understand me that 1000 fps between 100fps giving huge advantage , also we don't talk here about rates i have explained them before, if you have loss - something wrong with your connection not server or either client settings, if you expierence choke you have to lower your cl_updaterate or either server has bad settings (limited updaterate with sv_maxupdaterate). Thats it (:
jonnzus
Epic Member
Old 04-08-2013 , 12:32   Re: Rates
Reply With Quote #13

I think that you didn't understood him right..=)
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 04-08-2013 , 12:56   Re: Rates
Reply With Quote #14

Forget it jonnzus, he has a tunnel view on his 1000fps.

Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-08-2013 , 14:09   Re: Rates
Reply With Quote #15

1000fps = gimmick Hey look my ice is frozen MORE than yours!!!!
Old 04-08-2013 , 16:39   Re: Rates
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Knuckles View Post
1000fps = gimmick Hey look my ice is frozen MORE than yours!!!!
Nah you just barking like a dog, without facts, aswell theres another thing about firerate depending on netcode, fps you can google it or you personally can ask Alfred on github and another fact: why is the maximum fps (systicrate) cap was 1000? ofcourse after steampipe update you can gain more than 1000fps couse its unlocked, but server performance is not only depends on fps, as I mentioned before obviously ssd's lower latency and theres much more things, if you not going to agree with then please stop this discussion you don't have a clue what you saying and stop missleading people.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 04-08-2013 , 16:43   Re: Rates
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousspot View Post
obviously ssd's lower latency
Using an SSD increases the I/O response time. It does not directly effect latency since that is based mostly on Ping (latency in games is a mixture of many components, including but not limited to, the Server I/O response time).

Quote:
if you not going to agree with then please stop this discussion you don't have a clue what you saying and stop missleading people.
Better yet, how about you stop responding if you want the discussion to stop. You cannot prevent others from talking about the topic.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).

Last edited by YamiKaitou; 04-08-2013 at 16:44.
seriousspot
BANNED
Old 04-08-2013 , 17:39   Re: Rates
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
Using an SSD increases the I/O response time. It does not directly effect latency since that is based mostly on Ping (latency in games is a mixture of many components, including but not limited to, the Server I/O response time).

Better yet, how about you stop responding if you want the discussion to stop. You cannot prevent others from talking about the topic.
yes i started to flame, ah well

Last edited by seriousspot; 04-08-2013 at 17:39.
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-08-2013 , 18:15   Re: Rates
Reply With Quote #19

Sure more fps can't hurt, but the fact is that most people aren't going to notice a difference. You can argue with that until you're blue but you'll still be wrong. That's why I consider it a gimmick. If you want everyone you talk to to agree with you, stop talking.
Old 04-08-2013 , 20:07   Re: Rates
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Knuckles View Post
Sure more fps can't hurt, but the fact is that most people aren't going to notice a difference. You can argue with that until you're blue but you'll still be wrong. That's why I consider it a gimmick. If you want everyone you talk to to agree with you, stop talking.
thats like a judge ferrari when you never have drived it.