[REQ$] plugin edit for namehelper

Post New Thread Reply   

nikhilgupta345
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2012 , 20:31   Re: [REQ$] plugin edit for namehelper
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUGHOLD View Post
#1: How in the hell do you expect me to tell you if the menu can be removed or not, look at the code and find out for yourself.

#2: I said "user friendly" not "user friendly when using the chat feature". You're an idiot. don't ever reply to another one of my threads again.

[WARNING] if Fyisiks replies to a plugin request of yours, make sure you talk to him through steam voice chat or some other voice capable software, because he is incapable of understanding the written word.
How ironic. He was asking if YOU wanted the menu completely removed. He wasn't literally asking if it could it be removed from the code, which it obviously can. So you were the one incapable of understanding written word then.

Also, he understands perfectly almost everybody else on the forums except for you. Says something is wrong with your wording and descriptions. You don't have to be a complete douche to somebody who is trying to help you on the forums. Next, you need to clarify on your use of the words "user friendly". You guys have different views on those words, so you have to describe exactly what you want it to say when the person types /name in chat, and where you want it to say it.

Honestly man, you need to chill out when somebody gets something wrong on the forums. I understand that you've explained it multiple times, but to be honest, your explanations usually suck.
If you like my work, please
Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2012 , 21:52   Re: [REQ$] plugin edit for namehelper
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilgupta345 View Post
How ironic. He was asking if YOU wanted the menu completely removed. He wasn't literally asking if it could it be removed from the code, which it obviously can. So you were the one incapable of understanding written word then.

Also, he understands perfectly almost everybody else on the forums except for you. Says something is wrong with your wording and descriptions. You don't have to be a complete douche to somebody who is trying to help you on the forums. Next, you need to clarify on your use of the words "user friendly". You guys have different views on those words, so you have to describe exactly what you want it to say when the person types /name in chat, and where you want it to say it.

Honestly man, you need to chill out when somebody gets something wrong on the forums. I understand that you've explained it multiple times, but to be honest, your explanations usually suck.

No my explanations are fine, it's just that I'm dealing with a bunch of kids who don't seem to comprehend the language of an adult. Plus I'm trying to explain what i want a plugin to do, and do not know PAWN.

Do you not know how to read nikhilgupta345.
Quote:
Thanks, but your version uses chat and that text can go by too fast for the player to see it.

I would like the renaming information to be higher on the screen in the same white text that the plugin I posted has. Kind of like the menu text.
Mind your own dam business, and don't try to explain what another poster is trying to convey. You're an idiot if you start assuming facts not in evidence and then start dictating how another person should explain themselves.

Remember, just because you know how to code plugins doesn't mean that you know what how to communicate effectively. I will never respond to another post by either of you, and if I ever request another plugin here, don't bother responding. ummm by the way, you would never call me a douche to my face little boy.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 01-16-2012 at 22:26.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2012 , 22:06   Re: [REQ$] plugin edit for namehelper
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedd View Post
@MAUGHOLD
Calm down, it's going to be ok. Fysiks is one of the most helpful people on this forum, there's no need to be rude to him. After I install dod, I will take a look your plugin and see what I can do.

Calm is a physical state Wickedd and at 47 being retired, I am always calm.

Fysiks has been great, but He's been rude to me and other posters often enough in the past, for me to have to let him know that from time to time. Many coders here simply look down on others who don't know how to code, Fysiks can be one of them.

I actually like the guy and think hes pretty decent. I have also fragged with him several times on many of the DoD servers we both frequent, that does not mean I will take being treated like a 14 year old.

Many of the coders here who help others, need to remember that their not dealing with some noob kid. They also need to learn how to better explain things to people who don't know PAWN, so that the plugin requester knows what to tell them regarding the plugin being requested. I happen to think that I'm pretty damn good at pseudo coding and explain my self much better then 90% of the plugin requester's here on this site. 95% of the posters here don't even proof read their posts.

I like you Wickedd, you seem to have a level head on you're shoulders, and you always try to defuse things and calm posters down.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 01-16-2012 at 22:33.
nikhilgupta345
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2012 , 22:59   Re: [REQ$] plugin edit for namehelper
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
No my explanations are fine, it's just that I'm dealing with a bunch of kids who don't seem to comprehend the language of an adult. Plus I'm trying to explain what i want a plugin to do, and do not know PAWN.

Do you not know how to read nikhilgupta345.

Mind your own dam business, and don't try to explain what another poster is trying to convey. You're an idiot if you start assuming facts not in evidence and then start dictating how another person should explain themselves.

Remember, just because you know how to code plugins doesn't mean that you know what how to communicate effectively. I will never respond to another post by either of you, and if I ever request another plugin here, don't bother responding. ummm by the way, you would never call me a douche to my face little boy.
I'm a kid? You're 100% correct. That's how it's supposed to be. I'm not going to be playing this game when I'm older, as I'm going to have a life. Your explanations are NOT fine, which is confirmed by the fact that nobody that has responded to the thread correctly understood your problem or the plugin you wanted. I wasn't assuming facts that aren't in evidence. He could OBVIOUSLY take out the menus from the plugin, as he is a more competent coder than I am, and I could take out the menus myself. So there is no reason for him to ask YOU if the menus could be taken out. I did have to dictate how you should explain yourself, as nobody understood it beforehand.

You're right. I don't know how to read. That is why I go to the number 1 high-school in the nation, and you are 47 years old and still play video games in your spare time. And I explained correctly what fysiks was trying to convey, and you continued to be rude by saying "How in the hell do you expect me to tell you if the menu can be removed or not, look at the code and find out for yourself. " when he meant something completely different.

I don't know how to communicate effectively? That's why nobody has asked me to clarify what I've written.

If you aren't going to be polite to the people on the forums that you are requesting your plugins on, then I suggest you find somebody over steam to code your plugins privately or learn to code for yourself.

P.S. Fysiks was never rude to you in this thread.
If you like my work, please

Last edited by nikhilgupta345; 01-16-2012 at 23:01.
Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2012 , 00:16   Re: [REQ$] plugin edit for namehelper
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
How ironic. He was asking if YOU wanted the menu completely removed.
This.

Quote:
P.S. Fysiks was never rude to you in this thread.
It's true that I've been rude in the past. Maughold thought of a very likely reason for many of these occasions (probably not all though):

Quote:
I often think that many of the coders here who have taken requests are a bit jaded and bitter due to the many noobs
I agree here.
Old 01-22-2012 , 10:36   Re: [REQ$] plugin edit for namehelper
Reply With Quote #16

Yes, the menu can be removed completely, but that's the area of the players screen that I want the text in the same color and font to be, that tells them how to change their name.

Did you run this to see how it looks on the players screen, or did you just check out the code ?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-22-2012 , 14:52   Re: [REQ$] plugin edit for namehelper
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Yes, the menu can be removed completely, but that's the area of the players screen that I want the text in the same color and font to be, that tells them how to change their name.

Did you run this to see how it looks on the players screen, or did you just check out the code ?
I only looked at the code because I had that issue with my router and couldn't access my server at the time.

If you use menu text to display an explaination and such then the number keys (those bound to "slot" commands) will not work and will not be able to be used in the name until the menu text is removed. IIRC

The alternative is to use HUD messages which should work just as well except there is the possibility it will be removed from the screen prematurely. I'll let someone else work on your request, I need to get back to homework .

Last edited by fysiks; 01-22-2012 at 16:46.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 01-22-2012 , 18:03   Re: [REQ$] plugin edit for namehelper
Reply With Quote #18

rgr that, I just wanted the messages to be more conspicuous, because with as many chat messages that are being printed out on my server, they would miss seeing them.