3% 

Temporary Admin

Post New Thread Reply   

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-14-2005 , 05:58  
Reply With Quote #11

Code:
public select_days() {     new nmonths = get_cvar_num("months")     if(nmonths==1)     {         set_task(0.0, "thirtyone")     }     if(nmonths==2)     {         set_task(0.0, "february")     }     if(nmonths==3)     {         set_task(0.0, "thirty")     }     if(nmonths==4)     {         set_task(0.0, "thirtyone")     }

That looks not really optimized... use something like this:
Code:
public select_days_faster_and_better() {     new buffer[32]     switch (get_cvar_num("months")) {         case 1: buffer = "thirtyone"         case 2: buffer = "february"         case 3: buffer = "thirty"         case 4: buffer = "thirtyone"         /* and so on */     }     set_task(0.0, buffer) }
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-24-2005 , 01:34  
Reply With Quote #12

Added An Update:

Permanent Admins Can Now Be Made
Admin's In-Game Name Is Added To Users.ini

Tested + Works
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
KCE
Old 08-27-2005 , 01:18  
Reply With Quote #13

Can you make it in minutes instead of days?
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-27-2005 , 01:19  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCE
Can you make it in minutes instead of days?
I dont believe minutes makes any sense... If you want minues, add him manually, take him out manually...
Lord_Destros
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2005 , 16:35  
Reply With Quote #15

great plugin, will try out now. One question just, why can't we remove from users2.ini lol. Flag a won't give them immunity?
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Destros
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-11-2005 , 19:39  
Reply With Quote #16

users2.ini will look like jibberish to you. Remove anything you want from users2.ini, when you remove a line that make the plugin remove everyone from your users.ini file cause ur such a dumbfuck, its fine by me. Yes tha "a" flag gives immunity, it just happens however that i did not use it in the example. And you cannot remove lines from users.ini because when a temporary admin is added, the line that he was added onto users.ini is recorded. If you take a line out it will offset the lines and start removing random people from your users.ini. If you use this plugin for only permanent admins, you can edit the users.ini file as much as you want.
Lord_Destros
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2005 , 09:37  
Reply With Quote #17

lol k.
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Destros
Roulette
Old 10-12-2005 , 20:00  
Reply With Quote #18

I love the concept of this plugin, and it's just what I need. However, is there anyone that could write an sql driven script that does the same thing? I'm running multipul servers, and having a webfront is a must, and if someone decideds to do this, my only major request is that you can limit the access to certain servers. So people can say have a reserved slot in one server, but not another.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-12-2005 , 20:12  
Reply With Quote #19

That seems far too complex and typing in sql connections + passwords and seperate flags is harder than running the command in server console for X servers in HLDS. Not dissing you, just dont believe this idea is all that great.
Roulette
Old 10-12-2005 , 21:47  
Reply With Quote #20

Making it sql driven enables the addition of web intagration. And since you did make this sepcificly for servers with "admin-packages" having it add them automaticly upon payment would make a server owners dream come true. Altough I know I can't make anything as good as this; looking through your code, it seems very ineffecient, and the whole deal about linking the files by the line number doesn't seem that good... why not link between the steam ID, and instead of using the users.ini, use a "temp_users.ini" as to not have problems with people manually editing the users.ini.

Don't get me wrong, I like your work, and I love the idea of the plugin, but I think it could be done in a differant style.