Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[REQ] create fix or combine these two plugins. will pay $

Post New Thread Reply   

MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2010 , 09:59   Re: [REQ] create fix or combine these two plugins. will pay $
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
I agree as well. Now for Valve to port their "no executing commands on a client" from Source over and all will be well.
Not going to happen.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 02-02-2010 , 11:25   Re: [REQ] create fix or combine these two plugins. will pay $
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUGHOLD View Post
Not going to happen.
You never know. Valve ported the Friends Avatars to GoldSrc, so they can also port this if they want to. One can hope, can they not?

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2010 , 11:05   Re: [REQ] create fix or combine these two plugins. will pay $
Reply With Quote #13

Yea, Its just that Valve only seems to do something if it means $ or some sort of benefit for them. Fixing that wouldn't really be worth the time it takes to pay someone to do it.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.
Sylwester
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2010 , 13:56   Re: [REQ] create fix or combine these two plugins. will pay $
Reply With Quote #14

It took me some time, but I finally finished v1.0
I had exams during past 2 weeks, so I couldn't code it.

Descryption:
All defined (in config file) cvars will be checked every 40 seconds. If there is some invalid value then this cvar will get higher priority (excluding first check unless cvar is marked as a cheat) and will be checked a lot more often for some time.

If you want to see how it really works then install this plugin (add some entries to config file) on your listenserver and type in console "developer 1" and try to use invalid cvar values. With this you will be able to see when plugin checks cvars.

When you run this plugin for the first time, it will create config file (amxmodx/configs/cvar_enforcer.cfg) with manual inside.

This plugin is only useful for checking cvars that are floats or integers.
If you add 1 cvar name more than 1 time in config file, then only first entry will work.

Make sure that you configure it properly (do not set ex_interp 0.01, it's automatically forced to 0.02 if you do etc.). Also do not add too many cvars (the less the better) and at the moment there is defined limit - 25 max. If you want more then edit .sma file.
Players are not informed about their cvars being changed for now. I coded most important part and I left unimportant things for later.

TODO List:
- add some notifications for players about their cvars being changed
- add database to store players who often break cvar rules
- add punishments for player who excessively break cvar rules
- add info for online admins about players breaking cvar rules
- add cvars to change plugin settings (check time interval etc.)
- improve increase/decrease priority and update time formula

Once it's all done and working properly, I will probably release it in new plugins submissions.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (cvar_enforcer.sma - 387 views - 20.4 KB)

Last edited by Sylwester; 02-16-2010 at 14:01.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2010 , 14:38   Re: [REQ] create fix or combine these two plugins. will pay $
Reply With Quote #15

I am just getting ready to drive 500 miles, But I will install it tonight when I can test it out and then post back.