Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Clientprefs not loading on first round...

Post New Thread Reply   

daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-27-2012 , 12:05   Re: Clientprefs not loading on first round...
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
you say you have other servers that have no issue, I wonder if something happened to your database?

Or I wonder if the store and ZR are conflicting? Has Richard (from ZR) put in his $.02 yet?
Right, that is my initial thought as well. I talked to the store plugin author and he doesn't believe that it's an issue with his plugin and Richard is pretty stumped on this issue as no one else has come across it. I suppose the best way to test this is to disable the store for a day and see if the issues go away. I'll keep you posted.

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-27-2012 , 18:35   Re: Clientprefs not loading on first round...
Reply With Quote #12

I had this very same thing when testing XenForo Admins (3 days ago). OnClientCookiesCached was never fired (Tested with some basic usage cookie plugins, AreClientCookiesCached returned false), and I didn't have admin. I rejoined, everything appeared to be well. This only happened to me (probably happened to others, but I don't know for sure), which I found odd. I'm unable to reproduce the issue, tried a variety of things all without luck (Bots suck?).

Without a test case it's basically looking for a needle in a haystack. From the sound of it, there's a bug in the threading system OR there is a huge delay with your MySQL DB.

Is your admin plugin open source?
Kyle.

EDIT: Yeah, if one of your queries are slow, any queued threaded queries will be blocked. This includes clientprefs and other plugins. SourceBans for instance will delay clientprefs, and anything else that's called when clients join.

Last edited by KyleS; 02-27-2012 at 19:00.
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-27-2012 , 19:06   Re: Clientprefs not loading on first round...
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
I had this very same thing when testing XenForo Admins (3 days ago). OnClientCookiesCached was never fired (Tested with some basic usage cookie plugins, AreClientCookiesCached returned false), and I didn't have admin. I rejoined, everything appeared to be well. This only happened to me (probably happened to others, but I don't know for sure), which I found odd. I'm unable to reproduce the issue, tried a variety of things all without luck (Bots suck?).

Without a test case it's basically looking for a needle in a haystack. From the sound of it, there's a bug in the threading system OR there is a huge delay with your MySQL DB.

Is your admin plugin open source?
Kyle.
I'm using Sourcebans at the moment, although that should change at some point. Yea, this is extremely frustrating.

Edit: Strange, do you know if there is anyway to speed up the queries or see why they are being slowed. My VPS and dedicated box are both located in Chicago and it should be working fine.

Edit 2: I moved all of our databases that effects the game servers to the dedicated box they live on and that didn't help. I don't know how to make that delay work any better .

Last edited by daleGEND; 02-27-2012 at 21:26.
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2012 , 09:44   Re: Clientprefs not loading on first round...
Reply With Quote #14

I suppose this is a combination of issues with clientprefs instability and Zombie:Reloaded. None of my other servers seem to have this issue. It seems to be an issue when my server has quite a few people in it. And forget about it if it's full. So, I am not sure what could be done, but figured this might be helpful if anyone else encounters this. If I find a way to fix this I will post it. Thanks for everyones help and if anyone has more insight I would appreciate it.

e54385991
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-01-2019 , 00:14   Re: Clientprefs not loading on first round...
Reply With Quote #15

Solution : https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=313958