Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Looking for a working Linux admin mod

Post New Thread Reply   

lunatic00
Old 09-23-2005 , 23:00  
Reply With Quote #11

Yeah I am a bit crazy hence the name lunatic
More so today trying to deal with servers full of scrubs and only rcon to deal with it. 40 admins wanting rcon now, 100 reserved players that can't get on to play without us locking the servers.

There are some key features of Beetles we really like that other plugins don't offer, uni name block, auto temp bans at set # of kicks, auto team joining, word filter kick control, map blowout to end stacked maps.
[Anyone up to making a mini mod with just these things for Linux?]

But for a lot of the other stuff we have no need like models, skins, sounds, glowing, giving health, voting for anything and everything under the sun. When setting a mod up all the time is used turning things off making sure setting can't be changed and making sure admin can only deal the game and not mess with players.

Each mod has a bit that is nice, but we are not about to run 4 mods to just have what we did in 1.6 with just AMX and a handful of plugins.

I just really miss having a AMX type mod, and I'm frustrated that the only plugin with features we want is only a bastard stepchild to a windows mod that can get no love.

I had great hopes for source mod, but it looks like many of them are back with 1.6, and that's cool, to each their own.
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2005 , 00:08  
Reply With Quote #12

Well untill sourcemod your just going to have to live with it. For functionality i've seen the most from Nemod. Some claim that its unstable, but you should definately check it out. That is if Fysh updates it for this recent steam update.