Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[europe] best hosting?

Post New Thread Reply   

Cooky
Veteran Member
Old 10-24-2017 , 08:49   Re: [europe] best hosting?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkster View Post
I stick to nfo, I think their cheap, and I dont need the overprized ohv antiddos shitt.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH WTF?????

Overpriced????? Anti-DDoS shit???? Know your facts or don't even bother to reply dude...
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-24-2017 , 09:24   Re: [europe] best hosting?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKER_CZ View Post
Hello, I am looking for best possible dedicated server hosting / game server(CSGO) hosting in Europe with good / very good DDOS protection.

It must be in Europe *CENTRAL EUROPE* (best in Germany), have good/very good ddos protection, low / average prices , good support, guaranted 98-99% availability.
What you are looking for does not exist: You will never get EVERYTHING at once.

OVH (& So YouStart / Kimsufi brands) matches "ddos protection" and low prices compared to others, but their support is literally none.

Good support? You can easily get that with several providers, but then they won't have the DDoS protection you're requesting, unless you are paying a minimum of 550€ / $650 on top of the costs, alone for the protection.

With your "requirements", the closest match will definitely be the OVH brands in France.

Since you mentioned Germany, I suppose your target is German users... This can be very tricky when hosting from "abroad".

OVH obviously has all their IP subnets registered to them self, with either OVH SAS in France, or OVH Hosting Inc, in Canada.

This means the IP location of all your IP addresses will be either with France or Canada as location, depending on the hosting location you choose.

They do offer "geolocation", as they claim it, so you can order a smaller subnet and select a specific country...

Does this work in reality? It used to in the past, but no anymore:

37.59.0.0/16 (37.59.0.0 - 37.59.255.255), registered to OVH SAS in France, with country code "FR":

Code:
inetnum:        37.59.64.72 - 37.59.64.75
netname:        OVH_137135375
[...]
What does www.iplocation.net say for 37.59.64.72? Four (4) says France, one (1) says Italy.

That smaller space was recently registered in April 2017, so lets try another "random one":

178.32.0.0/15 (178.32.0.0 - 178.33.255.255), registered to OVH SAS in France, with country code "FR":

Code:
inetnum:        178.32.0.8 - 178.32.0.15
netname:        OVH_60779703
descr:          OVH
[...]
What does www.iplocation.net say for 178.32.0.8? Four (4) says France, one (1) says Switzerland.

Conclusion? If you want to target German users / the country Germany, find something where ISP company is really registered in Germany.

Not many German users would be directed towards your servers with the above examples.

Quote:
Thank you
You're welcome.

I hope you can use the information in your hunt.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 10-24-2017 at 09:24.
Nexicon
Old 10-24-2017 , 11:32   Re: [europe] best hosting?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
What you are looking for does not exist: You will never get EVERYTHING at once.

OVH (& So YouStart / Kimsufi brands) matches "ddos protection" and low prices compared to others, but their support is literally none.

Good support? You can easily get that with several providers, but then they won't have the DDoS protection you're requesting, unless you are paying a minimum of 550€ / $650 on top of the costs, alone for the protection.

With your "requirements", the closest match will definitely be the OVH brands in France.

Since you mentioned Germany, I suppose your target is German users... This can be very tricky when hosting from "abroad".

OVH obviously has all their IP subnets registered to them self, with either OVH SAS in France, or OVH Hosting Inc, in Canada.

This means the IP location of all your IP addresses will be either with France or Canada as location, depending on the hosting location you choose.

They do offer "geolocation", as they claim it, so you can order a smaller subnet and select a specific country...

Does this work in reality? It used to in the past, but no anymore:

37.59.0.0/16 (37.59.0.0 - 37.59.255.255), registered to OVH SAS in France, with country code "FR":

Code:
inetnum:        37.59.64.72 - 37.59.64.75
netname:        OVH_137135375
[...]
What does www.iplocation.net say for 37.59.64.72? Four (4) says France, one (1) says Italy.

That smaller space was recently registered in April 2017, so lets try another "random one":

178.32.0.0/15 (178.32.0.0 - 178.33.255.255), registered to OVH SAS in France, with country code "FR":

Code:
inetnum:        178.32.0.8 - 178.32.0.15
netname:        OVH_60779703
descr:          OVH
[...]
What does www.iplocation.net say for 178.32.0.8? Four (4) says France, one (1) says Switzerland.

Conclusion? If you want to target German users / the country Germany, find something where ISP company is really registered in Germany.

Not many German users would be directed towards your servers with the above examples.

You're welcome.

I hope you can use the information in your hunt.
Does this mean they transfer all the ips to all their datacenters in the world? UK? Germany? Canada?
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-24-2017 , 12:22   Re: [europe] best hosting?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexicon View Post
Does this mean they transfer all the ips to all their datacenters in the world? UK? Germany? Canada?
No, your server's physical and real location will still remain in either France or Canada (with OVH), and the real other location with other providers.

They are just changing the location in the IP assignment, so if the provider has 65536 IP addresses, they delegate e.g. 4 IP addresses to you, and set that area of IP addresses to have a different country code (which can be accomplished with some IP registries, such as RIPE).

In other words, they are ONLY JUST falsifying the information that is available to the public for the IP addresses they assign to you. However, since around August 2013 and later, these attempts to falsify IP locations are useless and not working anymore.

People did believe it would work back in time, such as to get higher rankings e.g. if your IP address was set to DK/Denmark, SE/Sweden, NO/Norway, etc. then you would go higher up in the search rankings (Google, etc) for people searching in Denmark, Sweden or Norway.

That's how it all started, but today, it is nothing and just kept on certain providers to "scam" you for extra money.

Therefore, the best goal you can use, is to actually order hosting from the exact location you wish to target, as this IP location thing won't work.

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 10-24-2017 at 12:22.
Nexicon
Old 10-24-2017 , 13:39   Re: [europe] best hosting?
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
No, your server's physical and real location will still remain in either France or Canada (with OVH), and the real other location with other providers.

They are just changing the location in the IP assignment, so if the provider has 65536 IP addresses, they delegate e.g. 4 IP addresses to you, and set that area of IP addresses to have a different country code (which can be accomplished with some IP registries, such as RIPE).

In other words, they are ONLY JUST falsifying the information that is available to the public for the IP addresses they assign to you. However, since around August 2013 and later, these attempts to falsify IP locations are useless and not working anymore.

People did believe it would work back in time, such as to get higher rankings e.g. if your IP address was set to DK/Denmark, SE/Sweden, NO/Norway, etc. then you would go higher up in the search rankings (Google, etc) for people searching in Denmark, Sweden or Norway.

That's how it all started, but today, it is nothing and just kept on certain providers to "scam" you for extra money.

Therefore, the best goal you can use, is to actually order hosting from the exact location you wish to target, as this IP location thing won't work.
Oh i see. Denmark has the worst DDoS-Protection (Where i live) ... Not optimized to Game Anti-DDoS at all... Sweden has great protection

Last edited by Nexicon; 10-24-2017 at 13:39.
[email protected]
BANNED
Old 11-03-2017 , 20:37   Re: [europe] best hosting?
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Hello, I am looking for best possible dedicated server hosting / game server(CSGO) hosting in Europe with good / very good DDOS protection.

It must be in Europe *CENTRAL EUROPE* (best in Germany), have good/very good ddos protection, low / average prices , good support, guaranted 98-99% availability.

Please tell me which hosting do you use / which you would recommend me.

Thank you
https://translate.google.com/transla...l%2F&sandbox=1

https://translate.google.com/transla...a%2F&sandbox=1

https://translate.google.com/transla..._dedykowane%2F

https://translate.google.com/transla...9498&sandbox=1

https://translate.google.com/transla...ykowane-ssd%2F

100usd = 365 pln :)

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/...rom=USD&To=PLN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-04_014114.png
Views:	210
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	166358   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-04_014304.png
Views:	79
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	166359   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-04_014427.png
Views:	66
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	166360   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-04_014714.png
Views:	62
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	166361   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-04_015003.png
Views:	60
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	166362  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-04_014533.png
Views:	78
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	166363  

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-03-2017 at 20:54.
iNdio
Old 11-03-2017 , 21:13   Re: [europe] best hosting?
Reply With Quote #17

No doubts, best in Europe is Gamesclan. I had so many vps from ovh (France & Italy), man...ovh is a joke.
BANNED
Old 11-03-2017 , 21:28   Re: [europe] best hosting?
Reply With Quote #18

mintshost.pl

&

serwerydedykowane.pl

if ovh not :)

poznan data center :)

good anty ddos protection

low price

good machins
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-11-04_024757.jpg (93.3 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-03-2017 at 21:51.
ASKER_CZ
BANNED
Old 11-03-2017 , 21:54   Re: [europe] best hosting?
Reply With Quote #19

What do you guys think about HETZNER ? (It's in Germany and as i said - Germany is the best location for my servers)
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-03-2017 , 23:14   Re: [europe] best hosting?
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
What do you guys think about HETZNER ? (It's in Germany and as i said - Germany is the best location for my servers)
If it works, it works, if not, you're screwed.

Hetzner is very good at replacing most of your hardware with other crap hardware, where your issues persist, apparently as an attempt to make you believe that they "try" to fix stuff. They change your server's PSU, then they change the RAM, even though none of it helps at all, they most likely hope the time they spent will make you stay. It was easier to make a list of what was not replaced, than what was replaced, even though nothing helped.

Other German providers seems like the same, "oh yes, of course we can deliver this, no problems!", all until you're becoming their customer, then they can't even do half of what they promised, and come with thousands of excuses - even with lies and slander.

And unless Hetzner changed something recently, DDoS protection isn't included, and you're going to be nullrouted (your IP address will be unreachable) when the attacks happens. Some providers are null routing you for 24 hours (sometimes you might be able to negotiate for the null route to be removed).

I have absolutely nothing against Germans or Germany at all, but this kind of attitude just seems to cross over again and again with German "hosting providers", based on several experiences.