Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] All 8 Survivors

Post New Thread Reply   

Mr. Zero
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2012 , 01:51   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
To be fair. I got this info from Mr. Zero and I dunno if he knows for sure that graveyard is running linux but he did have some testing done on Bill with Linux and Linux doesn't crash Bill whatsoever.

So either alphabetax is running a custom Bill on graveyard with windows or he is running linux.

To the rochellecrab point. You are correct.

For whatever season alphabeta never updated to rochellecrab's version to allow voice/model on all campaigns. If he did, his server would offer the perfect all 8 survivor.
How to check servers OS:

1. Join said server.
2. Type status into console.
3. Retrive OS value.

Code:
         hostname: x
         version : 2.1.0.2 4777 secure  (unknown)
         udp/ip  : x.x.x.x:27015 [ public same ]
         os      : Windows Dedicated
         map     : c5m4_quarter
         players : 15 humans, 0 bots (16 max) (not hibernating) (unreserved)
Where in graveyard's example it returns "Linux Dedicated".

Bill is working just fine with Linux while Windows crashes outside the server.dll and happens all the way over in tier1.dll which can't be fixed with SourceMod at the moment.

In Survivor Set 1, the L4D2 characters do not exist at all so it will work with models only.
Graveyard does not use Survivor Set 2, which can be determine by taking a look when server is in a L4D1 campaign. All L4D2 characters are models only because they don't exist in Survivor Set 1.
During L4D2 campaigns, the server simply changes the m_character netprop to between 4 - 7 to allow L4D1 characters without problems.

The only way to get all 8 survivor characters is by running Linux and force survivor set 2. Then everything will just be perfect. If you are using Windows, the closest you can get is 7 survivors + Bill model which I use personally.

Extensive testing have shown this. No magic trick, just a different OS choice.
Chronic1
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-05-2012 , 19:09   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
Reply With Quote #12

Update: Fixed problem with having triplets. You now get 1 of each model.
Old 04-06-2012 , 13:16   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
Reply With Quote #13

Hey there, I'm no modder or anything, but is it possible to make the spawned survivors not speak or anything? It's odd hearing Louis and Bill with Rochelle's voice etc.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2012 , 13:34   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic1 View Post
Update: Fixed problem with having triplets. You now get 1 of each model.
Very solid update.

Now works fine for VS or Coop.

The only two things better would be..

1. The functioning 7 survivors with voice and model
2. Linux server with all 8 survivors voice and model

But for now, this is a very good update. It might be the best version of this 'idea' since its inception in 2010.
Chronic1
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-06-2012 , 17:36   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
Reply With Quote #15

The problem i have with all 7 survivor clones + bill model is that the scoring gets screwed up and some players show up as dead when they are not.
Old 04-06-2012 , 22:02   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
The problem i have with all 7 survivor clones + bill model is that the scoring gets screwed up and some players show up as dead when they are not.
Well in theory, the same rules could apply.

The 4 survivors who are the main survivors get the main distance score. The remaining 3 in this case would be the bonus points without the distance score.
Chronic1
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-19-2012 , 21:30   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors
Reply With Quote #17

Update: Plugin now creates 7 survivor clones + Bill Model. Tested without any scoring bugs!!

Works great for windows servers. I will create a 2nd version soon for linux servers. I need testers for Linux servers!
Old 04-19-2012 , 22:10   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Update: Plugin now creates 7 survivor clones + Bill Model. Tested without any scoring bugs!!

Works great for windows servers. I will create a 2nd version soon for linux servers. I need testers for Linux servers!
Very solid update. Good work to you/atomic. I'll test it.

The linux version will be even better since Bill does not crash linux at all.

Last edited by Sev; 04-19-2012 at 22:10.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2012 , 22:44   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors
Reply With Quote #19

Tested.

Works just fine.

Good touch on giving Bill Francis Vocals. Most appropriate of the 7 working survivors.

Combined with mii's character select menu version of Bill and you have all 8 working survivors with the only draw backs I see as follows.

- Mi's bot bill will crash server on map change if not changed back to another survivor
- Haven't tested this new version yet in terms of idle but I remember the model only version wouldn't keep the model if a player went idle. They would be someone else when returning from idle which I suppose is good in terms of keeping it random but not good if you want to keep the same character
- A feature that would be cool is if you DID become a different character on a map change to keep things fresh

Last edited by Sev; 04-19-2012 at 22:48.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2012 , 10:42   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors
Reply With Quote #20

Sorry for another redundant post that acts more like a bump than anything else.

Still wanted to congratulate Chronic1 for posting/Atomic for coding this plugin.

It only took 2 years to finish the all 8 survivor project but finally someone did it right.

Where all the banned members/MIA members from the original all 8 survivor thread failed/didn't stay passionate about the project/had life to deal with. Someone took the time to make the basic plugin.

- No stupid chat announcements
- Quick model/character changes
- Quick checks for the model/character changes to make sure everyone is unique

Good job is all I can say. No offense to anyone left who worked on the previous project either. They tried.