Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 [Fixed, solution here] SourceSDK Model Viewer workaround?

Post New Thread Reply   

Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2013 , 09:43   Re: [Fixed, solution here] SourceSDK Model Viewer workaround?
Reply With Quote #11

Also, did this patch break or fix it or do nothing?
Old 05-27-2013 , 02:01   Re: [Fixed, solution here] SourceSDK Model Viewer workaround?
Reply With Quote #12

LOL Not working for me gameinfo.txt error i have opted in for sdk beta also
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-27-2013 , 02:12   Re: [Fixed, solution here] SourceSDK Model Viewer workaround?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by seupoj View Post
LOL Not working for me gameinfo.txt error i have opted in for sdk beta also
SDK Beta ended already.
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2013 , 07:14   Re: [Fixed, solution here] SourceSDK Model Viewer workaround?
Reply With Quote #14

Set your environments with the bat files, then use the exes, all in the bin folder. It appears that hlmv can not browse vpks, you have to extract the content. However, compiling models with studiomdl works fine, it places them in the tf/models/ directory as usual. Hammer appears to work as well, textures load from the vpks/paths and it compiles.

Launching from the source sdk panel gives an error//missing game info, even if you try to set the path manually. At least it did this for me last week.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2013 , 12:36   Re: [Fixed, solution here] SourceSDK Model Viewer workaround?
Reply With Quote #15

The solution is where? LOL. Hadn't fired up model viewer since steampipe. Finally got model viewer running again but now alittle confused as to what path/folder to put custom models/materials in to view? I have tried the path like nope suggested but can not seem to "browse" there into model viewer.
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2013 , 21:59   Re: [Fixed, solution here] SourceSDK Model Viewer workaround?
Reply With Quote #16

just look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\hlmv.exe
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2013 , 21:53   Re: [Fixed, solution here] SourceSDK Model Viewer workaround?
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope.avi View Post
I have looked around for a way for me to view my custom models, but the only way I found was too have the previous GCFs of TF2, which I no longer have due to the integration of SteamPipe.
Even after steampipe i have my original GCF's :/
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-02-2013 , 23:05   Re: [Fixed, solution here] SourceSDK Model Viewer workaround?
Reply With Quote #18

Oh, I found out something annoying today. I think the old SDK Tools sets the environment variable VProject for your Windows profile. Which makes the newer tools shipped with games fail.

Removing it fixed the issues I was having. No wonder I had to run set_sdk_env.bat first in a cmd window... because running the hlmv.bat file from within Windows makes it ignore the new VProject the bat file sets and use the system environment's instead.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-02-2013 at 23:05.