Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Holding tab whilst dead to vote/use admin menu

Post New Thread Reply   

TheKiwI
Old 10-12-2012 , 14:55   [CSGO] Ingame menu problem
Reply With Quote #11

After the last CS:GO update, we can't use menu anymore when we are dead (same probleme if we press "tab"). Anyone know a fix?

EDIT : Sorry I just saw this : https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=198124

Last edited by TheKiwI; 10-12-2012 at 15:42.
VJScope
Old 10-12-2012 , 18:10   Re: [CSGO] Ingame menu problem
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwI View Post
After the last CS:GO update, we can't use menu anymore when we are dead (same probleme if we press "tab"). Anyone know a fix?

EDIT : Sorry I just saw this : https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=198124
If admins can't use their menu's properly or players can't vote next map the game will be dead soon. Please fix this valve!!! So few competitive players are using CSGO.
Old 10-12-2012 , 22:42   Re: Holding tab whilst dead to vote/use admin menu
Reply With Quote #13

yeah -- BTW thanks to the folks here and also on the mailing list that posted the menuselect* keybinds to give ppl a way to work around this problem. (again...)

It will at least help us on the admin side. And of course I would imagine ANY unused keys should theoretically be able to be bound to those menuselect commands. Maybe even the literal 0-9 keys on the keyboard. (? not sure)

But I'm not even going to bother trying to make motd, ingame ads, etc. telling players how to do it. We dont have an active group of people on the servers, its pretty much just my wife and I trying to bring traffic in and playing against bots, and the occasional stragglers that come in 1-2 at a time.

The "trend" I've seen lately that really spooks me about this game is that we're not even filling up our servers after an update is released. With the setup we run, we know an update is available within seconds of it going live, all our servers go down, the update is applied to the gameserver tree, and all the servers come back up at once. So we're usually among the first servers updated and back online, and once we can get one player on a server, more usually start coming fast and the server fills up. So we just hop from server to server to get them all going.

Now, the update before this one, we were allowing AWP's on the server with a pretty low count of players - and saw how everybody started leaving once the AWP'ers started in. We learned our lesson and restricted the AWP's again. But the last few updates, including last night's -- we just haven't seen the rush of players after the update.

It's sad with how well our servers run, knowing they run circles around most of the ones out there that keep players on, that the only time we can really fill them up is when an update is released, but alas, we haven't even seen THAT lately. Then I saw the steamgraph of player trends for CSGO this morning.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?acti...=1350100800000

At this rate and the way decisions seem to be made at the big V lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up making CSGO *F2P* just to try to get some people to play it, introduce an economy of items etc. to buy and trade to pay the bills and make $$ off the players, and ultimately render what used to be a fun game to play (when you could actually find anyone PLAYING it - not trading, "pursuing achievements", griefing, etc.) unplayable for all the junk they ruined the game with. Like TF2.

If Valve doesn't fix this menu problem fairly quick we're either going to have to go to with map cycles rather than voting on a couple of the servers, and still take the hit on other menu-driven things not working very well for the players on all of them -- or just throw in the towel and call this game "toast".

Wife and I are leaning pretty hard towards the latter -- we just don't see it worth all the effort and time put into trying to have decent servers for decent people -- there aren't but so many people playing for the ?15,000+? servers out there to try to attract, and frankly a lot of them are not the kind of people we really want on our servers -- we like to play, not spend the time there are other players on the servers BABYSITTING.

I'm not willing to switch the servers to using built-in votes because there is not adequate protection from all the different ways "riff raff" can disrupt your servers (like voting everybody off the server except their buddies they came in with, etc.) -- with just my wife and I to keep an eye on the servers we can't be everywhere at once -- and I realize that probably nobody who is still playing this game is likely to ever come back to a server whose menus don't work (if we don't change to built-in votes).

Hope they fix it soon for everybody else's sake. It's probably a "done deal" for us though.

As much as I hate to say it, maybe it's time for my wife and I to find a game to just play, that there are no dedicated server files available, no SDK, no admin mods, etc. (and thus no potential for me to get into server side at all) and we can just PLAY the game.

Last edited by PharaohsPaw; 10-13-2012 at 07:34.
jholland
Old 10-13-2012 , 13:36   Re: Holding tab whilst dead to vote/use admin menu
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissyboots View Post
Nice but those are my game keys. I don't use the standard keys to play. With all the admin menu items it would drive me crazy to bind keys. Really hope Valve addresses this as there are a lot of upset admins and players out there now that the tab function isn't working.
F1-F12 should work as well, if those are unbound and you want something to use in the meantime. But yeah, I'm hoping for a fix for this soon, as it's not a huge deal for admins since we have workarounds, but it is for players voting.
Old 10-13-2012 , 20:23   Re: Holding tab whilst dead to vote/use admin menu
Reply With Quote #15

atleast f1 doesn't work while voting for a map. Don't know why mut KP_end (keypad n 1) works atleast. There has been some problems with certain keys (like x-button)
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2012 , 02:49   Re: Holding tab whilst dead to vote/use admin menu
Reply With Quote #16

this really sucks when they break more then fix.. please everyone upvote the bug ticket:

http://64bitvps.com/csgo/ticket/bug-...closed-with-0/
Kissyboots
Old 10-14-2012 , 08:20   Re: Holding tab whilst dead to vote/use admin menu
Reply With Quote #17

This is a deal breaker for me totally. I want to "PLAY" the game. Not sit there and explain to someone that barely knows how to turn on the computer, much less bind keys, how to bind keys so they can vote for maps. This has forced us to run map cycles which is bad on so many levels and has pretty much killed traffic. I have lived through so many bad updates with CS:S, TF2 and now CS:GO that I am just really done with all this mess. With all the new bugs from this last update, there is no use in even trying as far as I can see. When I have to keep trying to connect to our own servers and constantly getting this stupid "Failed Session" thing that just showed up after the last update. Then if someone is downloading a custom map, you cannot even start a match until they are finished with their download....nope stick a fork in me I am done. I generally don't vent about things. Just try to do the best I can and move forward but this is just silly. I know as one person I don't matter but all you have to do is look at the graph and see, it's not just one person saying enough is enough. Time to put this game where it belongs... in the uninstall section. Hope they work this out for those willing to keep trying to work with their insanity. I just don't have the patience for this crap anymore. I want to play and have fun. Not stress 98% of the time trying to "work around" their mistakes.
VJScope
Old 10-14-2012 , 08:56   Re: Holding tab whilst dead to vote/use admin menu
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
This is a deal breaker for me totally. I want to "PLAY" the game. Not sit there and explain to someone that barely knows how to turn on the computer, much less bind keys, how to bind keys so they can vote for maps. This has forced us to run map cycles which is bad on so many levels and has pretty much killed traffic. I have lived through so many bad updates with CS:S, TF2 and now CS:GO that I am just really done with all this mess. With all the new bugs from this last update, there is no use in even trying as far as I can see. When I have to keep trying to connect to our own servers and constantly getting this stupid "Failed Session" thing that just showed up after the last update. Then if someone is downloading a custom map, you cannot even start a match until they are finished with their download....nope stick a fork in me I am done. I generally don't vent about things. Just try to do the best I can and move forward but this is just silly. I know as one person I don't matter but all you have to do is look at the graph and see, it's not just one person saying enough is enough. Time to put this game where it belongs... in the uninstall section. Hope they work this out for those willing to keep trying to work with their insanity. I just don't have the patience for this crap anymore. I want to play and have fun. Not stress 98% of the time trying to "work around" their mistakes.
I feel you brother. Some of our players are 30+, 40+ or even 50+ years old and one of the main reasons why they choose this game is because it's supposed to be simple. Now I have to explain these guys how to bind keys JUST TO VOTE NEXT MAP. Luckily we have pretty much same players everyday. Otherwise I would have changed to another game.

Last edited by VJScope; 10-14-2012 at 08:58.
FaTony
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2012 , 23:28   Re: Holding tab whilst dead to vote/use admin menu
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
I feel exactly the same. I didn't even bother to install SteamCMD because now you can't even run server and client on the same PC (without jumping through hoops such as VirtualBox or Sandboxie). How am I supposed to test plugins? VDC says that all Valve games are going to be transferred to SteamCMD, well, when they do, I'm outta here.
Old 10-14-2012 , 23:58   Re: Holding tab whilst dead to vote/use admin menu
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTony View Post
I feel exactly the same. I didn't even bother to install SteamCMD because now you can't even run server and client on the same PC (without jumping through hoops such as VirtualBox or Sandboxie). How am I supposed to test plugins? VDC says that all Valve games are going to be transferred to SteamCMD, well, when they do, I'm outta here.
At least for CS:GO, I've been running srcds and connecting to it on the same PC no problem.