Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[core] Player's cur. weap. info update meth. should be impr.

Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-20-2006 , 15:19  

I will leave this UP to bail. I rather think fun has a bug rather then fm.
But i wouldnt know. So i will leave this thread open and wait patiently for an answere from BAILOPAN

pm: i corrected your typo ;D
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 06-20-2006 , 16:00  

Personally I agree with karlos and VEN but would this not break backward compatibility somewhere? There's probably a few plugins that use this bug to their advantage.
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2006 , 16:32  

hmm, i doubt any plugin would use such a bug
they rather do a work around by chaching the changeweapon message ( like i am doing )
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2006 , 02:13  

I'm not sure which bug exactly do you mean but i'm talking only about one bug. get_user_weapon returns last weapon id if player has no weapons at all. But i doubt if that bug have been used by someone, this does not seems to be useful for me.

As for fun's strip_user_weapons i do not think there is a bug. And btw bail and faluco reviewed it not a long time ago and AFAIR they didn't counted
Code:
    *reinterpret_cast<int *>(MF_PlayerPropAddr(params[1], Player_CurrentWeapon)) = 0;
as an inappropriate action.
So why we using this "fix" only for one native while it should be fixed directly in the amxx core.
player_weaponstrip is HL engine entity which can be used by map makers so this get_user_weapon bug makes that native incompatible with standard HL engine entity.

Last edited by adm; 06-22-2006 at 15:51.
BAILOPAN
Old 06-21-2006 , 02:45  

There must be a reason OLO dropped out of that case, and thus I am unwilling to change that for the moment. Is there a situation where CurWeapon fires 0 when the player has a valid weapon? I don't know, but it sounds like something too general across mods and plugins to risk.

Perhaps I should add a set_user_curweapon() native?
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2006 , 03:30  

I think i found a fix for get_user_weapon.

Code:
pev->weapons &= ~WEAPON_ALLWEAPONS
is set on player_weaponstrip entity use so on every get_user_weapon native call we can check for weapons pev field if no weapons - return 0, in other case standard behaviour.

Code:
#define WEAPON_ALLWEAPONS       (~(1<<WEAPON_SUIT)) #define WEAPON_SUIT             31
BAILOPAN
Old 06-21-2006 , 03:54  

this does not work because some mods do not use the weapons field (we tried it before)
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2006 , 08:24  

Quote:
Perhaps I should add a set_user_curweapon() native?
Yes, that will solve some issues.
But that will not fix get_user_weapon issue so i think at least additional note should be added to the native's description. Those who use that native should be informed that it potentially could return incorrect result.
Orangutanz
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2006 , 09:16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
this does not work because some mods do not use the weapons field (we tried it before)
Which mods don't obey this? I'm not going to go into detail with reasoning but when I was working on WeaponMod I found that v.weapons is very important. Without it you basically can't switch your weapons. DOD & possibly TS use a different system but its an expanded system of v.weapons to allow an additional 30 weapons.

If a mod isn't obeying this HL standard, its not your problem at the end of the day, you can only support so much.
BAILOPAN
Old 06-21-2006 , 11:15  

It's totally up to a mod whether to use that field or not -- the SDK is mostly a sample implementation, not a requirement.

I think TS and/or ESF are examples of mods like this.

Also consider mods that have more than 31 weapons.