Post New Thread Reply   

WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2014 , 07:11   Re: Floats getting lost in IBasicTrie
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
1) FF2 shouldn't be loading them.
That is what I want to change, which is why I want ff2 to care if the loaded plugin can call natives meant for subplugins only
rswallen
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-19-2014 , 11:39   Re: Floats getting lost in IBasicTrie
Reply With Quote #12

Checking to see if a plugin is loaded is fairly simple in SourcePawn
Spoiler

As for the issue of late-loaded plugin info caching, use a native (FF2_RegSubPlugin or similar)
Old 07-19-2014 , 13:00   Re: Floats getting lost in IBasicTrie
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswallen View Post
Checking to see if a plugin is loaded is fairly simple in SourcePawn
Spoiler

As for the issue of late-loaded plugin info caching, use a native (FF2_RegSubPlugin or similar)
Ya but I don't want to use functions like OnPluginStart, OnPluginEnd in subplugins and instead have different functions that are only called when ff2 wants the plugins to believe they are loaded. So natives won't work in core plugin, and I don't want a timer checking a forward all the time because they is no garuntee that you know which plugin returned the handled return or not.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2014 , 13:13   Re: Floats getting lost in IBasicTrie
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
Ya but I don't want to use functions like OnPluginStart, OnPluginEnd in subplugins and instead have different functions that are only called when ff2 wants the plugins to believe they are loaded. So natives won't work in core plugin, and I don't want a timer checking a forward all the time because they is no garuntee that you know which plugin returned the handled return or not.
You want to ignore the standard plugin model in SM? Why?
Old 07-19-2014 , 14:18   Re: Floats getting lost in IBasicTrie
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
You want to ignore the standard plugin model in SM? Why?
I find it just makes a plugin feel like it belongs as a ff2 subplugin instead of justing feeling like a std sm plugin.

I also want to avoid SM telling the subplugin that it's loaded/unloaded just to be able to keep things flowing in a nice way.

In english: I have it all planned out in a way that I can't wrap words to it.

Last edited by WildCard65; 07-19-2014 at 14:21.
rswallen
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-19-2014 , 14:22   Re: Floats getting lost in IBasicTrie
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Ya but I don't want to use functions like OnPluginStart, OnPluginEnd in subplugins and instead have different functions that are only called when ff2 wants the plugins to believe they are loaded
Why not use both? Use the standard forwards to setup things like convars, then use the custom forwards to activate/deactivate the plugin (akin to setting "sm_plugin_enabled" to 0/1).

Furthermore, if you want to stop the natives from being called, check the caller plugin handle against those cached - if not cached or set inactive, ThrowNativeError();

Quote:
I don't want a timer checking a forward all the time because they is no garuntee that you know which plugin returned the handled return or not.
That's not how it works. Just call that forward whenever you need to check if a plugin is loaded. By supplying the handle of the plugin you want to check, you will either get Plugin_Handled (in which case the plugin is loaded) or Plugin_continue (in which case it is not loaded or is paused)
Old 07-19-2014 , 14:39   Re: Floats getting lost in IBasicTrie
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswallen View Post
That's not how it works. Just call that forward whenever you need to check if a plugin is loaded. By supplying the handle of the plugin you want to check, you will either get Plugin_Handled (in which case the plugin is loaded) or Plugin_continue (in which case it is not loaded or is paused)
Do you even know how forwards work? When you call a forward handle, it calls EVERY function linked to the forward.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2014 , 14:47   Re: Floats getting lost in IBasicTrie
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
I find it just makes a plugin feel like it belongs as a ff2 subplugin instead of justing feeling like a std sm plugin.

I also want to avoid SM telling the subplugin that it's loaded/unloaded just to be able to keep things flowing in a nice way.

In english: I have it all planned out in a way that I can't wrap words to it.
Here's what I've gathered from this entire conversation:

1) You are beyond stubborn and do not care for what is proper or correct, even when multiple people are informing you that what you're doing is downright stupid.
2) Your complete lack of domain knowledge in SM, extensions, and c++ somehow does not phase you when people with domain knowledge are trying to guide you to the correct path.
3) You are going to fail.

Best of luck to you.
Old 07-19-2014 , 14:54   Re: Floats getting lost in IBasicTrie
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Do you even know how forwards work? When you call a forward handle, it calls EVERY function linked to the forward.
Did even you look at the code I provided?
Old 07-19-2014 , 16:21   Re: Floats getting lost in IBasicTrie
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
You can have a private forward with just one function in it. That's how NativeVotes VoteManger branch works.

I could go into more detail, but I seem to recall you ignored it when I suggested it to you months ago, even when I mentioned that's how the FF2 rewrite I was originally planning was going to work.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-19-2014 at 16:21.