Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

serverplugin_mosca - basic admin + reserved slots!

Gangster3333
Old 12-22-2004 , 07:34  

Hi all,

first of all excuse my bad English! I'm from Germany.
Well, matter of fact is, I can't get this plugin 2 work!!!
I tryed much, asked the server support, spent hours in trying and uploaden the files in each and every "dir" on the linux server!

Perhaps u want 2 know, the "Dir-structure" (sorry, don't know an other word) is:

dir one, i see in ftp:

bin
cstrike ---> addon
------------> bin
------------> etc.

hl2 -------> materials
-----------> models
-----------> etc.

So, perhaps u can help me, with my Prob!
I think i did all like in the readme!
But always when i type "mosca_version" or "admin_print", it says unknown command!
I have SAP Plugin installed, too!

thx
Fatty
Old 12-23-2004 , 22:34  

Can anyone show me evidence of this plugin removing or denying someone a spot?

I see two types of connecting messages:

Quote:
22:17:13 L 12/23/2004 - 21:10:00: [mosca] Reserved spot taken by "Ded_Moroz<STEAM_0:0:5792425>" uid: 55 grant: false
and

Quote:
22:20:06 L 12/23/2004 - 21:12:53: [mosca] Reserved spot taken by "[Mmmm]Fatty -=GÇ=-<STEAM_0:1:99525>" (ADMIN_RESERVED)
I have yet to see the server remove anyone. I have reserved_slots set to 1, yet she continues to go to 25/25. Anyone have this working?

I notice that beetle stated:
Quote:
I added reserved slot to mine, it will kick a non admin when ever its full
with the cvar reservedslot set to 1.
So something must be amiss.

All commands work, I'm getting returns on the cvars, etc...so I assume it's installed correctly?
#gamerscoalition @ GameSurge
Send a message via AIM to Fatty
Fatty
Old 12-23-2004 , 22:38  

btw, gangster, did you do what Yomama instructed up there?
Fatty
Old 12-23-2004 , 22:48  

whoa...I went ahead and made reserved_slots 2 and it went to town kicking people! Nice!

However, I still haven't seen her remove someone that's already playing when I (a reservist) take it to 25/25 by joining.

*edit: it was kicking the connectors.

Now, I went ahead and updated my admins.ini and the map changed...now it's back to 25/25...is this because I have 2 of my reservists in there and slots = 2 so it's all set? What if I reserve all of them? Is that what I need to do, and it will allow pubbers to use them until one of us comes along or what?

Lost again...

*edit2:
Yep, with several reservists already playing, and reserved_slots still at 2, this happens, taking us to a full server:
Quote:
00:199 L 12/23/2004 - 23:12:25: "Jorge<186><STEAM_ID_PENDING><>" connected, address "12.203.191.252:27005"
00:19:40 L 12/23/2004 - 23:12:26: [mosca] Reserved spot taken by "Jorge<STEAM_0:0:5166917>" uid: 186 grant: false
but if I raise the reserved_slots any higher, it will not allow people in when the server is only say 20/25, which is not what we're after.
az
Old 12-29-2004 , 05:47  

I wish some people would look at other things for plugins. There are already plenty of admin plugins. How about a stats_logging plugin? Psychostats, the most popular stats software for CS is crippled without this type of plugin. All the hitbox, accuracy, headshot etc. info cannot be logged without it.

I am sure you would get many thanks from server admins everywhere.

Any of you codemasters interested?
cj_
Old 12-31-2004 , 07:59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by az
I wish some people would look at other things for plugins. There are already plenty of admin plugins. How about a stats_logging plugin? Psychostats, the most popular stats software for CS is crippled without this type of plugin. All the hitbox, accuracy, headshot etc. info cannot be logged without it.
Seconded. I now have around 4 plugins to choose from that all have more or less the exact same feature set (slay, reserve slots, restrict weapons). Some are better than others, and some have a feature or two that others don't have. I'm currently running with Mani because it has a TK-prevention system, in-game menus, and per-map configs.

There are more bridges to be crossed here. A StatsMe companion for PsychoStats is in dire need. Also, a lot of the current "admin" plugins miss a feature that another has, but since they have overlapping features, they don't play nice together. Instead of trying to add as many features as you can (covered already in other mods), please consider making mods that do something the others don't and which can be loaded alongside them. Some stuff we could use:

- A standalone banned word filter mod. Options to kick or ban based on the offense.

- A standalone /rank mod to keep track of Kill/Death ratios.

- A standalone StatsMe plugin that records hitbox/damage output/accuracy to logfiles for PsychoStats to consume.

- A standalone mod for spawning HL2 monsters in the game.

The key here is standalone. This makes it possible for an admin to pick and choose what feature set they want, and takes the heat off the admin modders from adding every feature possible.
solmanic
Old 01-05-2005 , 14:04  

I would be happy with that if someone would just get the reserved slot to work correctly.
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-05-2005 , 14:07  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_
Quote:
Originally Posted by az
Seconded. I now have around 4 plugins to choose from that all have more or less the exact same feature set (slay, reserve slots, restrict weapons). Some are better than others, and some have a feature or two that others don't have. I'm currently running with Mani because it has a TK-prevention system, in-game menus, and per-map configs.

There are more bridges to be crossed here. A StatsMe companion for PsychoStats is in dire need. Also, a lot of the current "admin" plugins miss a feature that another has, but since they have overlapping features, they don't play nice together. Instead of trying to add as many features as you can (covered already in other mods), please consider making mods that do something the others don't and which can be loaded alongside them. Some stuff we could use:

- A standalone banned word filter mod. Options to kick or ban based on the offense.

- A standalone /rank mod to keep track of Kill/Death ratios.

- A standalone StatsMe plugin that records hitbox/damage output/accuracy to logfiles for PsychoStats to consume.

- A standalone mod for spawning HL2 monsters in the game.

The key here is standalone. This makes it possible for an admin to pick and choose what feature set they want, and takes the heat off the admin modders from adding every feature possible.
It sounds like you want Sourcemod
manorastroman
Old 01-05-2005 , 14:11  

dont we all?
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-05-2005 , 14:12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man... or Astroman?
dont we all?
yes