Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D] Melee Fatigue

Post New Thread Reply   

Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 01-14-2009 , 12:30   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #11

The latter five on that list are the ones that were removed.
SirLamer
Old 01-14-2009 , 13:45   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzel View Post
Code:
z_gun_swing_duration                     : 0.2      : , "sv", "cheat", "rep" 
z_gun_swing_interval                     : 0.7      : , "sv", "cheat", "rep"
lol, wow, so the server can set itself up to give players super mega speed melee powers? lol, as annoying as melee spamming is, this would be funny to see.
mukla67
Old 01-14-2009 , 14:43   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #13

i still dont know where to edit this stuff and what exactly to do to slow it down like it was and also do sv_cheats need to be set as i see tht in the example u showed durzel
sexconker
Old 01-14-2009 , 17:31   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #14

All of these require cheats to be on...
Durzel
Old 01-14-2009 , 18:10   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexconker View Post
All of these require cheats to be on...
...or set them with sm_cvar either via the console (if you are an SM admin on the server) or in the server.cfg file.

If the last 5 cvars definitely have been removed then you haven't really got much to play with unfortunately.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2009 , 02:07   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #16

All the melee fatigue code was removed from version 1.0.0.6 and onward I believe? It's still in 1.0.0.5 if you're lucky to have the server DLL/so.
tfphoenix
Old 01-18-2009 , 12:58   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLamer View Post
Wow, I never thought about it but I completely agree that there should be some sort of melee fatigue. Everyone is constantly meleeing as a defense instead of employing any real strategy or situational awareness. I have found that the game is less intense and thrilling ever since everyone just figured out "KEEP MELEEING". If people fatigued then it would be a much more competitive game.
I agree to an extent but understand the average person that will get stuck in your vs server by chance will leave anyway as its not the melee they are used to and they wont like it as much as you might. Unless you have 8 consenting friends and then turn it on I don't see it as being fair.
SirLamer
Old 01-18-2009 , 16:00   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #18

Yeah installing mods like this is a problem given Valve's server-finding solution, but if it were a standard feature of the game that would be nice.
mukla67
Old 01-27-2009 , 10:55   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #19

Weather the general community will like it or not and wether valve should re impliment this into the game without a lug in is no business of mine all i know is that my clan which consists of at least 12 members all want a plug in created to somehow stick this feature back on and so do the majority of the publics who play on our server have also requested this so if anyone can either make it and release it or to stop hassle make it privately i am even willing to make a donation to sourcemod or the creator for makin this for me as its somethin i am desperately after. If i knew C++ i would give it a stab at makin one myself but im hopeless so please can someone make this
phabeZ
Old 03-11-2009 , 02:43   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #20

Hello, I don't know what the rules here on reviving threads but this topic basically describes my request and it's probably best not to make another thread. I'd greatly appreciate a plugin to be made which is melee cooldown. Basically, I want it so you can't just sit in a corner and constantly spam melee.

We (being the other administrators and community on the server) have tested and trialled on a 4v4 vs server the interval being set to 1 and 1.2, some are not happy with the change although we really just want to get rid of the corner camping and then spamming melee, practically making the survivor invulnerable. It seems at this point that we're going to have to either keep people unhappy with the melee interval modification or we ban corner camping and melee spamming whilst doing so illegal. If we could get a melee cooldown it would be a great alternative.

If there is already a plugin for this could someone please give me a link? Anyhelp greatly appreciated, thanks.