Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Check Shots v 1.1 (Shows admin, shot stats of player)

Post New Thread Reply   

jsauce
Old 08-09-2005 , 15:40  
Reply With Quote #11

okay its updated. Should work the way it was intended to work.

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
AzNxGamer215
Old 08-10-2005 , 00:39  
Reply With Quote #12

thanks its working now. great plugin.
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2005 , 05:10  
Reply With Quote #13

OMG, jsauce, what a great idea! Now i wonder - why i didnt make plugin like this one before! :) GJ!
Quote:
And in my tests it did seem to work but only about 50% of the time.
Please, tell us - what now your tests says? Did it works near 100%? And what aimbot test says? Can you give us some stats results?
Other question/request. What you will say if this pluging will be something like anticheating tool?
I think all that needed its just to add one CVAR: amx_checkshots_cfg <max_percents> <bantype> <bantime> <[maybe_something_else_here]>
max_percents: for example more than 90% headshots will cause ban
bantype: type of ban (by IP-address, by Name or by...) Maybe even combinations would be better, e.g.: by ip&name or ip|name etc...
bantime: after passing specified minutes ban will be removed
maybe_something_else_here: dont know what esle may be useful, but maybe people or you know...
In other words, IMHO: plugins would be better if you will make it automated.
Please tell me what you think?
Anyway - i like it much, thanks!
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2005 , 07:32  
Reply With Quote #14

jsauce, i just tested plugin and have some questions/ideas/suggestions.
What mean "total hits"? Is this percentage of accuracy? If this so - why it always near 100%?
Why sometimes total hits may be 101%? Maybe i need to update my amxx? (I have AMX Mod X 1.01)
IMHO it would be better if you:
- add commands: toggle/hide/show, toggle/pause/upause, toggle/start/stop, reset, list for current/all gathering
- change hud message placement so menus can be readable
- replace "register_concmd" with "register_clcmd"
jsauce
Old 08-11-2005 , 12:05  
Reply With Quote #15

Okay that's a lot of questions. I'll try and answer them all now.

Please, tell us - what now your tests says? Did it works near 100%? And what aimbot test says? Can you give us some stats results?

My first early revision of this plugin had it logging the information and checking it against a simple equation. HeadShots / TotalShots <= 1.5 Then it would display that in a status field saying the player's headshots are very high compared to the rest of his shots. I did this in all hitboxes that matter like head, chest and stomach because these are the bone vectors that a hack usually aims for. The problem was that although the plugin could tell you the player had a lot of headshots that in and of itself doesn't mean the player is cheating. I took it a step further and had it checking how many shots within a certain amount of time went to the same hitbox. This resulted in a better glimpse of the player's ability. Even a player who is very good cannot be ultra-accurate in a one second or two second period. Meaning you cannot hit the head seven times in a matter of one or two seconds. Unfortunately it worked but only partially. And if a hacker knew you were watching him or her they could easily toggle or change their play to throw the plugin off. Probably bad coding on my part, it just didn't work all the time. Like I said it was like 50%.

Other question/request. What you will say if this pluging will be something like anticheating tool?
I think all that needed its just to add one CVAR: amx_checkshots_cfg <max_percents> <bantype> <bantime> <[maybe_something_else_here]>

I think it is a tool. It help the admin make a more informed decision on a player. Normally when you spec a player you just have to use your eyes and unless the player makes some really obvious cheating blunder you cannot tell where the player's shots are actually hitting. He could take three or four shots to the chest and all you see is that the other player was killed. This allows you to see that the player shot four times and hit four times in the chest. As far as adding a cvar for auto ban, well I don't think its a good idea as it really shouldn't be left to my plugin to tell if the person is cheating, and it doesn't really do this right now anyway. It only provides the admin with stats on the player's ability. The admin has the ultimate decision as to whether they are cheating or not. Now I am planning to make more modifications later to expand this plugin's ability further. So it's possible I will go back to making it more of an anti-cheat. And if that happens certainly an auto ban feature could be included.

What mean "total hits"? Is this percentage of accuracy? If this so - why it always near 100%?

That is the total shots the player has hit target with. So if they fired sixty shots altogether and only hit thirty it does only show thirty. So it will always be around 100%. I will change this soon to include missed shots as well in which case it will show 100% fired and only say 30% hit.

Why sometimes total hits may be 101%? Maybe i need to update my amxx? (I have AMX Mod X 1.01)

This is by design. Suicid3 gave me this great code for calculating percentages, because mine never worked. Thanks suicid3. As suicid3 has stated earlier, it takes a number like 10.45643 and rounds it off. So sometimes it will be 99% or 101% when adding them up. Just ignore it, its not a big deal. I would fix it but like I said I sucked when I tried writing the percentage calculation myself. And I don't want to futz with his code which works really well.

- add commands: toggle/hide/show, toggle/pause/upause, toggle/start/stop, reset, list for current/all gathering
- change hud message placement so menus can be readable
- replace "register_concmd" with "register_clcmd"

What would these commands be good for? hiding or showing the menu doesn't change it from working, so the best thing to do is simply shut it off when you are finished. This plugin sends a boatload of data to you. When I use it it causes a lot of choke. So you want to use this in spec mode anyway when it doesn't matter if you're getting choke.

Where would you like me to place the hud message? It's perfectly readable for me. I could make it so you can move it to the left or right of the screen based on a cvar or command line parameter. I was going to introduce the ability to change the color to whatever you want anyway when I work on it more.

Why replace register_concmd with register_clcmd?

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2005 , 04:14  
Reply With Quote #16

Hi jsauce! Thanks for answers!
Quote:
I will change this soon to include missed shots as well in which case it will show 100% fired and only say 30% hit.
Yes - IMHO this would be right.
Quote:
What would these commands be good for? hiding or showing the menu doesn't change it from working, so the best thing to do is simply shut it off when you are finished. This plugin sends a boatload of data to you. When I use it it causes a lot of choke. So you want to use this in spec mode anyway when it doesn't matter if you're getting choke.
Hiding may be useful. If you dont want make suspicion u can just play and gather statistic at the same time instead of sitting in spectators. Some of cheaters may just disable cheat if u going to spectators coz they may suspect u that u an admin and u watching and probably ban them. And "boatload of data" not so important coz its just illusion that u just playing... But admins who want play normally and gather statistic may just change task time from 0.1 sec to few seconds...
Quote:
Where would you like me to place the hud message? It's perfectly readable for me.
Yes you are right - its readable when no menus shown. IMHO x=0.8 would be better.
Quote:
Why replace register_concmd with register_clcmd?
Coz concmd - its console cmd - its for server console to.. bu server not need this cmd coz dedicated server console cant displays plugin results (hud messages)
TimbreWolf
Old 09-28-2005 , 19:19   Plugin Status Locked
Reply With Quote #17

Hi

I have just installed this plugin on 64 bit linux server but when I type amx_plugins in console it comes up:

Check Shots 1.1 jsauce check_shots.amx locked

I have compiled the sma file using ./amxxsc conmmand but it still comes up with the locked status can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks

TimbreWolf....................
WATCHurBACK
Old 11-08-2005 , 13:12   I might be a n00b after all
Reply With Quote #18

I had the same problem and this is the only time I have seen it referenced. I get the sme "locked" in teh status line. Any reasons why? I tried recompiling, even redownloading in case there was an update... nothing.

ANY help would be appreciated, thank you.

ps... I run a cs 1.6 server and a CZ server and it works awesome on the cs server... kinda wierd
Send a message via AIM to WATCHurBACK
belvadere
Old 12-12-2005 , 17:39  
Reply With Quote #19

Curious if anyone could modify / trim this plugin down to just check for percentage of shots that are headshots. If that number is >= X then kick. Possible? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-16-2005 , 14:24  
Reply With Quote #20

I already sent you a copy of it via private message but I figured if anyone else wanted it, they could have it to. Also just in case anyone wanted to mod the code or figure a better way to do it. It does work though.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (shot_checker.sma - 1039 views - 2.5 KB)

The Saucy Blog