Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

AMXX update risks from 1.8.1.374 to the latest version?

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-03-2017 , 20:27   Re: AMXX update risks from 1.8.1.374 to the latest version?
Reply With Quote #11

Trying to manage a changelog dynamically is just unnecessary work. Obviously the changelog is not a 1 to 1 correlation with commits (don't assume I'm stupid). Creating the changelog by referencing the commits when a version is 'feature complete' is probably the simplest method without adding more work (or re-work in the case of your suggestion of updating the changelog on every commit).
Old 01-04-2017 , 04:26   Re: AMXX update risks from 1.8.1.374 to the latest version?
Reply With Quote #12

> re-work in the case of your suggestion of updating the changelog on every commit

You just said:

> Obviously the changelog is not a 1 to 1 correlation with commits

You will not be updating it every commit. But you will be thinking about it every commit as: Does or how it affect the change log?
When it does, the change log message and the can be pretty similar and at the same time you write the change log message, you copy and paste it to the commit message, or vice-versa changing what is needed, from one communication space (developers) to the other communication space (final users).

Thinking about this development workflow for a team in a office does not seem appropriate as every team developer would writing straight to client. However this workflow for a big open source project seems more appropriate as split a big task along the development and the community developing. At least it is what I think. Though it still should be put to practice to properly evaluate the outcome results. I am not sure the esparse repository contributors, apart from the high active contributors, would like or actually be engaged with such requirement.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 01-04-2017 at 04:26.
Old 01-04-2017, 20:17
fysiks
This message has been deleted by asherkin. Reason: Do not spam, or post "me too" posts, or any such derivative drivel that does not contribute to a thread.