[TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod Version 0.970-->Last Update: August 2nd 2010

Post New Thread Reply   

kortul
Old 07-16-2009 , 16:15   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm5ky View Post
Cant get it to run.

You connect, game starts, then server falls over.

Windows Server
MetaMod:Source v1.7.1V, SourceMod v1.2.1-dev

on a server we are not using 87.117.195.16:27015
Okay I just checked it out I have a hunch...I never really tested it much on stock maps, as they aren't very good for gungame. It's probably crashing because the plugin attempts to strip the control points from the map. Turn of disable map objectives in tf2gg_config.cfg. I will have to take this out on the next update until I can find a safe way to do it.

Last edited by kortul; 07-16-2009 at 16:20.
kortul
Old 07-16-2009 , 16:30   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
Reply With Quote #12

Unfortunately there are few maps that I've found that are well designed for gungame. The best so far is aim_oc_usp.

Visit my server to download this map, and gg_a3_crates, a small map I quickly made for tf2 gungame:

connect 68.232.166.90:27015
arm5ky
Old 07-16-2009 , 17:38   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
Reply With Quote #13

aim_oc_usp works , thanks
xairu
Old 07-17-2009 , 00:02   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
Reply With Quote #14

Glad you took my suggestion and posted it.

I'd like an easy way for it to turn on only if it is a gg_ map; if there is someway to do this already, please let me know o.o

Other than that.. played with kortul a lot on his server, amazing mod for being so new =)
kortul
Old 07-17-2009 , 00:38   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xairu View Post
Glad you took my suggestion and posted it.

I'd like an easy way for it to turn on only if it is a gg_ map; if there is someway to do this already, please let me know o.o

Other than that.. played with kortul a lot on his server, amazing mod for being so new =)

Thanks!

To answer your question, no there is no such functionality. If that were the case then you would have to either rename any map you want to use as gungame to gg_* or only use maps starting with gg_ .

Hmmm...

What if I made a tf2gg_maplist.txt file instead? You would put all the maps in here that you want gungame enabled for, then the plugin auto-enables when it detects a map that matches a map in that file.

PS: I fixed the sentry not exploding bug!! (coming soon in tf2gg version 0.964!)
arm5ky
Old 07-17-2009 , 03:48   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
Reply With Quote #16

We use mapvar plugin on our dod server to do whats required

then setup config like this:

[dod_gg
sm plugins load dod_gungame
sm plugins unload timeleft_hostname
sm plugins unload dod_equip
sm plugins unload sm_dod_dropweapon
mp_timelimit 30
hostname "The.O.C *** GUNGAME *** | www.theoc-gaming.com"
dod_tms_restrictenforcelimits 0

just means we have to use for every map that doesnt start with dod_gg

Last edited by arm5ky; 07-17-2009 at 03:51.
kortul
Old 07-17-2009 , 03:59   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
Reply With Quote #17

makes sense, that should do the trick.

I'm a bells & whistles kinda guy lol...I've already written the maplist file option I mentioned. I'd like the plugin to be able to do whatever people want without them having to search for and figure out how to use other plugins. At least if its reasonable to develop and include in the plugin.

(Let me do some testing and I'll release version 0.964 later today)
krolus
Old 07-17-2009 , 04:51   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
Reply With Quote #18

arm5ky, What about create dod/cfg/gg.cfg with your settings, and dod_gg_%mapname%.cfg for every gg map with one string "exec gg.cfg"?
Result: 0 bugs with maplist options(because it's missing); saving kortul's time, which he spend to make really usefull things and fix bugs.

btw kortul, why you don't use FCVAR_PLUGIN flag for your cvar's? for monitoring via hlsw?

upd: what you are thinking to do with achieved weapon? both weapons are accessible for all classes

Last edited by krolus; 07-17-2009 at 07:20.
kortul
Old 07-17-2009 , 11:52   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolus View Post
arm5ky,
btw kortul, why you don't use FCVAR_PLUGIN flag for your cvar's? for monitoring via hlsw?

upd: what you are thinking to do with achieved weapon? both weapons are accessible for all classes

Didn't know about the FCVAR_PLUGIN flag. Do I put that on ALL my cvars?

For your second question, I'm not sure what you are asking. Both weapons are not accessible unless it is set up this way in the custom_level_order.txt file. For example, if a user lists a level as "scout_pistol", then the player will only spawn with the pistol and the bat, but not the scattergun. If that level was entered as "scout_all", then no weapons would be removed, and a kill would count for a level up regardless of which weapon was used.

see custom_level_order.txt for valid level entries.
untamed316
Old 07-17-2009 , 13:50   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
Reply With Quote #20

I've tested out the last few versions, including the current version 0.964. I don't know if it has been brought to your attention yet, but having gungame on my server, even if tf2gg_enabled 0, it makes EVERY map instantspawn.

mp_respawnwavetime is always still correct at 10, but people still spawn instantly. It's like the gungame deathmatch is overriding the respawn times, even when it is disabled. To solve this I have to take it completely off and restart my server.

I guess currently I can't have normal gameplay and gungame gameplay on the same server.