Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Camfogl V004 competitive config. (Work in Progress)

Post New Thread Reply   

delirium_trigger
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-10-2011 , 20:39   Re: [L4D2] Cam's competitive config. (Name and work in progress.)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
You don't code obviously, else you'd know the answer.

If you write stuff by hand you're bound to memorize it. And if you're fac simile'ing another plugin you memorize that aswell.

For example, Dowtown was the only one to ever use a MAXPLAYERS_PLUS_ONE define, lol.

Oh I see, I didn't know you coded or helped code most of those, good to know.
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-13-2011 , 05:30   Re: [L4D2] Camfogl V003 competitive config. (Work in Progress)
Reply With Quote #12

Everybody has to be honest with themselves most code is copied, changed or optimised, updated, revised or rewritten hence open. Isn't that how we all learn? Atomic - I know where I've seen your code which has modified, or rewritten parts of what others have written. There will always be code of less quality, the goal is to be patient and encourage people to write better code - than to shove best practices down their throat.

Just my 2cents worth. =)
StartV.
Old 01-13-2011 , 09:39   Re: [L4D2] Camfogl V003 competitive config. (Work in Progress)
Reply With Quote #13

Sonuds Good!
Could you make a list about the feature so I can read it clearly.
Bainshie
Old 01-14-2011 , 10:27   Re: [L4D2] Camfogl V003 competitive config. (Work in Progress)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by [X]BetaAlpha View Post
Everybody has to be honest with themselves most code is copied, changed or optimised, updated, revised or rewritten hence open. Isn't that how we all learn? Atomic - I know where I've seen your code which has modified, or rewritten parts of what others have written. There will always be code of less quality, the goal is to be patient and encourage people to write better code - than to shove best practices down their throat.

Just my 2cents worth. =)
Nah I can understnad his point it's more the differences that a consumer and a creator have, and since I have 3 posts on this on 3 websites I'm giving everyone the same information. So whilst mentioning features that are copied code to the comsumer is a good idea, it sounds like stealing if I mention the same thing to a programmer (I did try to give everyone credit where due)

Having said that most of the copied code is gone due to the confogl owners being really supportive (And their addon system that wasn't in place when I first started programming this)
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2011 , 10:03   Re: [L4D2] Camfogl V003 competitive config. (Work in Progress)
Reply With Quote #15

I never said you shouldn't copy good stuff. By all means, it's the best way to learn coding.

Just saying, do more than CTRL-C CTRL-V, else you're not going to learn AND the result will be shitty.