Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Crashing when !settings run?

Post New Thread Reply   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2010 , 15:07   Re: Crashing when !settings run?
Reply With Quote #11

I had the !settings crash issue a while back when I updated servers to 1.3.4. I dont know what the issue was, but the problem went away when I updated to 1.3.5-dev.

Just update your sm version.
Old 08-19-2010 , 14:54   Re: Crashing when !settings run?
Reply With Quote #12

Updated and so far so good. I will be back if the issues starts occurring again.

Thanks guys!
BartholomewPSkibbenheims
Old 09-28-2010 , 18:20   Re: Crashing when !settings run?
Reply With Quote #13

Well ... the !settings crash bug started again day before yesterday. I have the latest 1.3.5dev snapshot installed. Have tried a few others as well.

Anyone else learned anything new on this bug?
eladnava
Old 07-14-2011 , 21:17   Re: Crashing when !settings run?
Reply With Quote #14

For me it was HLstatsX: CE client preferences menu causing the crash. As soon as I disabled it the server no longer crashed on !settings. Some stupid naughty kids abused the bug on my full servers,

I edited the SP file and removed all calls to the clientprefs menus, no more crashes and HLstatsX still works. Who needs the damn settings menu...

Last edited by eladnava; 07-14-2011 at 21:38.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2011 , 03:49   Re: Crashing when !settings run?
Reply With Quote #15

Suprise suprise...

then who have gameME rank plugin would also get same crash... right ?
BartholomewPSkibbenheims
Old 07-15-2011 , 11:05   Re: Crashing when !settings run?
Reply With Quote #16

I use gameme, but I also ran the clientprefs.smx plugin on a fresh db and no other plugins besides sm default plugins running and eventually got the same crash.

I will give it a go again and try removing the calls from the .sp. Only thing about this is I am so noob at editing code and the like I am not sure how exactly to do this. The plugin will work without cleintprefs, been running it that way for months. A player just cant set it up to give you your session stats at the end of every round ... which people on my server dont want. I however want clientprefs.smx for other purposes (permasilence and whatnot).

.:edit:.

Just because I said I did the above doesn't mean I didn't leave something there. I am an idiot and do things that would amaze you at times.

If it helps I could post the gameme.sp to take a look at. It does call on the cleintprefs.smx plugin a lot.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (gameme.sp - 102 views - 181.0 KB)

Last edited by BartholomewPSkibbenheims; 07-15-2011 at 11:13.
Arcy
Old 07-17-2011 , 03:20   Re: Crashing when !settings run?
Reply With Quote #17

Try to check specification of Your sound files, I've had that issue some time ago that my server was crashing while using !settings and the thing was that those sound files was set wrong I had to edit them and saved properly and it did the work.

btw. why are You using such thing as Stop HintTextSound? Valve already gave us the sv_hudhint_sound 0 to stop the annoying sound. see here >> LINK

sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 07-17-2011 , 09:08   Re: Crashing when !settings run?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
Try to check specification of Your sound files, I've had that issue some time ago that my server was crashing while using !settings and the thing was that those sound files was set wrong I had to edit them and saved properly and it did the work.

btw. why are You using such thing as Stop HintTextSound? Valve already gave us the sv_hudhint_sound 0 to stop the annoying sound. see here >> LINK

theres some stuff related to other people experiencing this here

Last edited by sinblaster; 07-17-2011 at 09:10.
BartholomewPSkibbenheims
Old 07-17-2011 , 11:10   Re: Crashing when !settings run?
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
That plugins list I posted was in August of 2010 ... I havn't used that plugin in forever.
MonkeyDrone
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-17-2011 , 12:35   Re: Crashing when !settings run?
Reply With Quote #20

I was using Killer Info plugin which had the !settings command, my server was constantly crashing at random times in a day, so i disabled that plugin and my server has been running all day without a single crash.
Just adding my 2 cents, don't know if its related with any of the previous mentioned !settings command
The Killer Info did have a client preference thing requiring it to save client preferences on the server.