Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SVC_BAD & AY&SY error server fixes

Post New Thread Reply   

jopzzeg
Old 02-14-2008 , 15:17   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #11

ou damnet. I allready thought that it's all ok.
But today my public server had and svc_bad error again, and all players were kicked. ;[
If I have 1,5 gig ram, maybe I must put a little bit biger number that -zone 8192 ????
I have amxmodx with 1.70 running on my server.
I have Windows service pack 1.
please help
Voi
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2008 , 18:35   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #12

i get svc_bad mostly on round start when there is model changing, its propably due to amount of things that player is receiving, you know, changing models, all players get weapons, sounds of weapons and clips,just look at netgraph... i think its some kind of overflow i always set 1.0 - 3.0 delay at plugins im using, to doing things in the round start, such as changing player models

Quote:
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=http://yoursite.com/motd.html">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#000000">
</body>
</html>
its the shortest motd.txt you can set

i will also try to use -zone 8192 at my cs startup parameter not just only at hlds
Old 02-15-2008 , 06:25   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #13

I read this topic in the steampowered forum. If you are not the one who wrote the "guide", you could release your sources. Read the topic there, too. It is not sure if this really works.
Roach
Writes love letters to sawce Daily
Old 02-15-2008 , 16:27   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #14

Moved to OT, as this doesn't belong here.
Now replace the word "good" with "dumb".
What was your rationale for proposing such a thing?
SCHWEDEN
Old 02-16-2008 , 05:41   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #15

This does not work on plugins with custom models, e.g. zombie swarm, just so you know

Send a message via MSN to SCHWEDEN
kp_uparrow
Penalized Member
Old 02-16-2008 , 14:05   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #16

not proven to work
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-18-2008 , 10:30   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp_uparrow View Post
not proven to work
.... it was proven from him by him, and it worked with his circumstances for him. I know this wont work all the time, but it definitly helps. Im pretty sure if it diddnt work with him, he wouldnt post it.
Old 02-18-2008 , 16:27   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #18

who knows if his server only has 5 players or 32 players
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2008 , 19:36   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp_uparrow View Post
who knows if his server only has 5 players or 32 players
Everyone does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUGHOLD
I run a 32 slot dod 1.3 HLDS on Fedora core 5 with 60 plugins + shrikebot, running on 1000 sys_ticrate, pingboost 2, 100MB uplink, P4 3.2 gig, with 1 gig of ram. This is the only server on the box.
I just hope you realize that if you don't think it works or care about it, don't use it. It is not us mandating your use so unless your information is productive, informative or constructive, leave it in your head, not on our screens.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2008 , 05:08   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #20

When i made my first post i was only running a dedicated p4 with one gig of ram. everything else is still the same. i run two dedicated dual xeon boxes now.

This WILL work for many HL1 servers geting this error.
It will not work for all of them and if you're the type of admin that over stuffs his server with a ton of plugins, Especaily ones that utilize many types of text files, Then you will run into this bug again.

i'm sure there are some of you who will get this error when only running 20 or 30 plugins. It all comes down to what the plugin does and how big it is and how many text files it uses.
The fact is, that the half life engine is so damn old, And that we as admins are running way to many plugins for this old engine.

I would suggest that you all take a real good look at what plugins you really need to run and then eliminate the rest. We all just have to face facts, We have finally hit the HLDS ram limit amount for allocating enough ram to manage text files. I run 52 plugins and only about 16 use text files but some of those use three or four text files each. thats a lot of reading for this old engine to have to do.
At some point it will say it's had enough, and crash or kick everyone. Thats what's happening with this bug.

Then theres the fact that our amxx & server.cfg's are getting so massivly filled with plugin cvars it takes a lot of ram to manage these files along with all of the other text files.

All HL1 server admins should be members of these three sites/lists, In order to get more detailed information on all of HLDS problems and bugs.

http://list.valvesoftware.com/mailman/listinfo/hlds <<< WIN32 mailing list.

http://list.valvesoftware.com/mailma...nfo/hlds_linux <<< linux mailing list

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page Valve developer site.

You should also have an account on the steam support help desk site as well, So you can post bugs and help desk questions. If they get a lot of bug reports from different admins, then maybe they will fix some things.
http://support.steampowered.com/

Thats all i can say. Good luck and happy fragging.

[EDIT] I just thought i would add my server specs here once again for anyone who is wondering what i run.

Dual 3.0gig xeons with 2gigs of ram on a 4MB burstable to 100MB line, in the largest data center in LA ca. calpop.

I only run one 32 slot public server on this box.
Here is my startup cmd line.
screen ./hlds_run -game dod +ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +port 27015 +map dod_avalanche +maxplayers 31 -zone 8192 -pingboost 2 sys_ticrate 1000 -debug.

My rates are set at the following.
sv_maxrate 25000
sv_minrate 10000
sv_minupdaterate 40
sv_maxupdaterate 100

Myself and my admins have noticed that the SVC_BAD error as well as the "failed to transmit AY&SYq file error, seem to happen when the server is at least half full, 16 to 20 or more players.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 02-26-2008 at 06:14.