Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Different chat colors?

Post New Thread Reply   

pRED*
Old 10-15-2008 , 15:39   Re: Different chat colors?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
I had a problem with double says even when I blocked the chat before as well. It seems if you do too much in the funciton, it will be too late to block it. Try blocking it at the beginning of the function and slowly add the code in to see where the function can't take any more.
O_o

Doesn't make much sense in a single threaded environment.

XARIUS: You're partially right. An 'event' is a notification, but it can still be blocked/changed. For example the 'player_death' event happens when a player dies and tells the client to display the little kill image in the top right corner. Blocking this event *doesn't* magically keep the player alive, but it does stop the hud icon from appearing. Same with changing things, you can make a different persons name appear, or a different gun icon, but the player is still dead.
Lebson506th
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2008 , 15:50   Re: Different chat colors?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pRED* View Post
O_o

XARIUS: You're partially right. An 'event' is a notification, but it can still be blocked/changed. For example the 'player_death' event happens when a player dies and tells the client to display the little kill image in the top right corner. Blocking this event *doesn't* magically keep the player alive, but it does stop the hud icon from appearing. Same with changing things, you can make a different persons name appear, or a different gun icon, but the player is still dead.

That's what i meant when I told him that... guess i didn't phrase it correctly =P
DoD:S Admin Weapons

Links
Resistance and Liberation (A HL2 Multiplayer Modification)
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-15-2008 , 17:02   Re: Different chat colors?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pRED* View Post
O_o

Yeah, i know. I was so confused about it, so I eventually had to trim down the function as much as I could to get it to not show two messages.