Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[ANY] Simple YouTube Music Player (1.2.3, 5/21/15)

Post New Thread Reply   

namazso
Old 05-03-2015 , 07:48   Re: [ANY] Simple YouTube Music Player (1.0, 04/11/15)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apina View Post
Cant listen a russian language music from youtube, i am writing and nothing happens. Can you fix it to support russian language
This needs URL encoding of special chars, because it seems that Source's default web viewer doesn't do auto-encoding

Quote:
Originally Posted by doze View Post
I have noticed 1 bug with it, in hl2dm, you can't minimize the game using alt-tab or windows key anymore after a song is played, would be greatly appreciated if you fix this.
Does this occur with other hidden MOTDs aswell?

Quote:
1) it would be nice if when a player is listening to a song the message " Player is listening to 'exact name of youtube video' " is displayed.
This might be a feature of the above-mentioned PHP-incorporating version, but currently i can not get the DASH audio streams from youtube that i want to make use of, to reduce users lag and bw usage.

Quote:
2) after a player started listening to a song, it would be nice if he is informed he can stop it by !musicstop command.
Will probably be added.

Quote:
3) it would be nice if we had a way to control the volume.
Youtube's volume cannot be controlled by URL, so it would be either opening an actual non-hidden MOTD to let users set the volume, or look the answer for the #1 question, as it is possible to use another player if we get the stream url.
doze
Old 05-03-2015 , 09:30   Re: [ANY] Simple YouTube Music Player (1.0, 04/11/15)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazso View Post
Does this occur with other hidden MOTDs aswell?
Nope, i have never noticed this problem ever before.

This issue did not occur with SMDJ ( https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1598388 ) or Grooveshark ( https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2038770 ) plugins.

A quick edit to mention this problem is happening to everyone, not just me.

Last edited by doze; 05-03-2015 at 09:32.
namazso
Old 05-03-2015 , 15:19   Re: [ANY] Simple YouTube Music Player (1.1, 05/03/15)
Reply With Quote #13

v1.1

• URL-encoding for special chars (Untested)
  • Replaced left-in hungarian message saying "You f**ked it up, type !music <music name>"
  • Notify users about !musicfull and !musicstop after playing a song
  • !musicfull command
Lannister
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2015 , 15:26   Re: [ANY] Simple YouTube Music Player (1.1, 05/03/15)
Reply With Quote #14

Any possibility to change this plugin to play music from another website instead of Youtube? because, in Youtube most of the songs have bad quality, but other pages, that focus more in music, have better quality, for example goear.com

Thanks
namazso
Old 05-03-2015 , 15:43   Re: [ANY] Simple YouTube Music Player (1.1, 05/03/15)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
Any possibility to change this plugin to play music from another website instead of Youtube? because, in Youtube most of the songs have bad quality, but other pages, that focus more in music, have better quality, for example goear.com

Thanks
I use YouTube because of the large range of avaible music. For example the song in first post can't be found on that site you've linked. About the quality, the best YouTube has is 256 kbps AAC, which is not even that bad.

Additionally, you can easily adopt the plugin to any site which has autoplay and feeling lucky-like search.

Last edited by namazso; 08-23-2019 at 15:36.
Lannister
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2015 , 16:02   Re: [ANY] Simple YouTube Music Player (1.1, 05/03/15)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
I use YouTube because of the large range of avaible music. For example the example in first post, "Silva Hound & Archie - Horseshoe" can not be found on that site you've linked. About the quality, the best YouTube has is 256 kbps AAC, which is not even that bad.

Additionally, you can easily adopt the plugin to any site which has autoplay and feeling lucky-like search.
Would you mind posting here how to change this plugin to another site? and i hope my comment didn't sound unpolite, i'm not trying to be mean, just wanted to know if we could use other sites.

Thanks
namazso
Old 05-03-2015 , 16:14   Re: [ANY] Simple YouTube Music Player (1.1, 05/03/15)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Would you mind posting here how to change this plugin to another site? and i hope my comment didn't sound unpolite, i'm not trying to be mean, just wanted to know if we could use other sites.

Thanks
  1. Download the .sp file.
  2. Open with Notepad/Notepad++/<Insert text editor of choice>
  3. Change this line to the desired site's feeling lucky search url (Which it redirects from, you can get it from the site's source, or with tools like Tamper Data or Wireshark), ending with the parameter where keyword should be placed:
    Code:
        url="http://www.google.com/search?tbm=vid&btnI=1&q=";
    In Google's case the "q=" is the parameter where keywords should be.
  4. Here change the delimiter ("+") that the site's search use. This is usually something like " ", "+", "-", "_"
    Code:
            StrCat(url, sizeof(url), "+");
  5. Copy the resulting code to https://spider.limetech.org/ , press compile, then download.
  6. Thats it.

Last edited by namazso; 05-03-2015 at 16:19.
Lannister
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2015 , 16:25   Re: [ANY] Simple YouTube Music Player (1.1, 05/03/15)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
  1. Download the .sp file.
  2. Open with Notepad/Notepad++/<Insert text editor of choice>
  3. Change this line to the desired site's feeling lucky search url (Which it redirects from, you can get it from the site's source, or with tools like Tamper Data or Wireshark), ending with the parameter where keyword should be placed:
    Code:
        url="http://www.google.com/search?tbm=vid&btnI=1&q=";
    In Google's case the "q=" is the parameter where keywords should be.
  4. Here change the delimiter ("+") that the site's search use. This is usually something like " ", "+", "-", "_"
    Code:
            StrCat(url, sizeof(url), "+");
  5. Copy the resulting code to https://spider.limetech.org/ , press compile, then download.
  6. Thats it.
Damn, i'm a dumbass, i have 0 experience in compiling, or use wireshark, thanks for your help i'll see how i can do so i can use Goear, thought it would be easy like just changing the website path.

Still, i appreciate your help! thanks
namazso
Old 05-03-2015 , 16:42   Re: [ANY] Simple YouTube Music Player (1.1, 05/03/15)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Damn, i'm a dumbass, i have 0 experience in compiling, or use wireshark, thanks for your help i'll see how i can do so i can use Goear, thought it would be easy like just changing the website path.

Still, i appreciate your help! thanks
You can try to replace the url with "http://www.google.com/search?btnI=1&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fen.goear. com%2Flisten%2F+" but it may turn out to be a little bit inaccurate sometimes. I uploaded one with that changed for you.

This one actually does a Google Feeling Lucky search on goear's site

Edit: removed attachment becuse this WILL NOT be updated. replace the url in the current file instead

Last edited by namazso; 06-05-2015 at 16:08.
doze
Old 05-03-2015 , 16:50   Re: [ANY] Simple YouTube Music Player (1.1, 05/03/15)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
v1.1

• URL-encoding for special chars (Untested)
  • Replaced left-in hungarian message saying "You f**ked it up, type !music <music name>"
  • Notify users about !musicfull and !musicstop after playing a song
  • !musicfull command
Just a quick thought;

Wouldn't it be nicer to have !musicfull just pop up the current hidden motd if a song is already playing ?

I think it's a bit odd to have 2 separate commands both for playing music, it doesn't really bother me though but i just think it can be a bit confusing for players that are not familiarized with the plugin.

I believe it would be a bit more practical if it worked like !musicinfo does for SMDJ, just my thoughts.

Ill explain how !musicinfo works in SMDJ so you don't have to download and test it.
1) user plays song with !music Song Name
2) as the song is playing, user types !musicinfo witch pulls up the hidden motd window allowing him to adjust the volume.

I like that you are actively maintaining the plugin btw, good job.
A lot of developers just post 1 version and forget about it forever .