Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

is sourcemod same guys from amx?

Post New Thread Reply   

Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-29-2005 , 04:01  
Reply With Quote #11

Ahhh.. That makes some sense... so like I have been making a server plugin for DoD. The mod (Server Mod in diagram) sends event to the server engine. If you have Metamod:Source implimented you can intercept it and modify it. When it reaches the Server Engine, the Server Plugins then gain access to it.

If in this case you're running SourceMod, the event would get recieved and sent to any plugin #1,2,3 that is subscribed to it, they also would have the event.

So i've really always wondered what the advantage of SourceMM was over writing your own Server Plugin. And it is that you can interface directly with what the data the mod is telling the server\client instead of with a normal server plugin, your working with data the engine gives you, after it's really processed it?

SO SourceMod supports SmallScript, JavaScript, and C++ right out of the box?
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2005 , 05:14  
Reply With Quote #12

That's the plan.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-29-2005 , 05:48  
Reply With Quote #13

Thats the plan? Which piece of my reply is the plan? If you say "the plan" does this mean it isn't done yet?
BAILOPAN
Old 10-29-2005 , 07:21  
Reply With Quote #14

If it was done yet, you'd see a "Downloads" link on the left side of the main page. If you look through CVS you can see an architecture and the API, but it's already gone through something like three to four reworkings and it'll go through at least two more before I'm satisfied. As I said, it's a complicated framework. My end goal is for SourceMod to be application independent; i.e., something you can embed in any product easily.

This project has become my equivalent of Richard Stallman's "GNU/Hurd" -- something probably very cool but also something that encompasses a lot at once ;) likewise I've not had the time to sit down and work on it.
Old 10-29-2005 , 17:27  
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka
So i've really always wondered what the advantage of SourceMM was over writing your own Server Plugin. And it is that you can interface directly with what the data the mod is telling the server\client instead of with a normal server plugin, your working with data the engine gives you, after it's really processed it?
Not only that, but server plugins don't get all the same API as a mod, but SourceMM plugins do (as a result of SourceMM acting as the mod).
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-02-2005 , 03:00  
Reply With Quote #16

If I can use a scripting language to do the code that would be great because I have my server plugin finished for almost a week now but I cannot compile to linux