Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Easy Model Spawner Menu (cs 1.6)

Post New Thread Reply   

JackDaniels666
Old 10-26-2007 , 16:29   Re: Easy Model Spawner Menu (cs 1.6)
Reply With Quote #11

Ya, I know about both of those, but this is for fast easy model spawning and editing.
killlotz
Old 10-26-2007 , 22:05   Re: Easy Model Spawner Menu (cs 1.6)
Reply With Quote #12

Well, I think you are gonna have to get someone to create that. And sumthing like that could really lag up the place. If ent mod lags when you copy a box thiink about spawning sumthing...
(")_(")
Help Bunny by copying and pasting him into your web page/signature to help him gain world domination.
http://www.thisisbunny.com/
Send a message via AIM to killlotz Send a message via Skype™ to killlotz
BlackMilk
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2007 , 04:40   Re: Easy Model Spawner Menu (cs 1.6)
Reply With Quote #13

There's loads of plugins that use custom models already, eg. CS Flags, the apache plugin by krot@l, rune mod if I'm not mistaken (I forgot wether that was a custom model or not, but it's still a mod spawning models into the map, and there's different versions anyway) and heaps of others.

Same with blockmaker, that spawns new entities into the map as well, and dare I say that BHOP courses exist of more BHOP blocks than the amount of models Jack would spawn in each map with this slightly more custom plugin.

EDIT: My point being, I never experienced any lag with the above plugins, not even with the heavier stuff that had more files, including models. (not even when several were used in conjunction/at the same time)
And though I'm not sure how big the difference is, let's not forget that Ent Mod is a Metamod plugin.
JackDaniels666
Old 10-27-2007 , 11:54   Re: Easy Model Spawner Menu (cs 1.6)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMilk View Post
There's loads of plugins that use custom models already, eg. CS Flags, the apache plugin by krot@l, rune mod if I'm not mistaken (I forgot wether that was a custom model or not, but it's still a mod spawning models into the map, and there's different versions anyway) and heaps of others.

Same with blockmaker, that spawns new entities into the map as well, and dare I say that BHOP courses exist of more BHOP blocks than the amount of models Jack would spawn in each map with this slightly more custom plugin.

EDIT: My point being, I never experienced any lag with the above plugins, not even with the heavier stuff that had more files, including models. (not even when several were used in conjunction/at the same time)
And though I'm not sure how big the difference is, let's not forget that Ent Mod is a Metamod plugin.
Ya, same here.
minimiller
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2007 , 08:02   Re: Easy Model Spawner Menu (cs 1.6)
Reply With Quote #15

What program do u use to make plugins? Cos i really wanna have a go at it...I know the basics of how to do it, i just need the program

Any help?
Send a message via MSN to minimiller
dangerix
Old 10-28-2007 , 11:32   Re: Easy Model Spawner Menu (cs 1.6)
Reply With Quote #16

You could use a simple text editor.
Use AMXX-Studio. It's located in the download section.
Old 10-29-2007 , 06:25   Re: Easy Model Spawner Menu (cs 1.6)
Reply With Quote #17

that would be cool plugin
purple_pixie
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2007 , 11:47   Re: Easy Model Spawner Menu (cs 1.6)
Reply With Quote #18

There's slightly more to this than was suggested when I was pointed to the thead, but I can definitely have a go at making this for you.

Getting the model you're aiming at won't be easy, though ... but I can't see the rest being too hard.

Do they need to be solid?

I'd have to do some serious learning in re tempents too, but hell, it's all stuff I need to know.

Note: This could take a fair bit of time ... don't expect it by Halloween.

EDIT: One other question ... would you want this to add models "on the fly"?
That is, you can enter the game and add a model during the round, or would you want it so you go in and choose the model positions et c. and then they get updated next time the map is played?

I ask because if you want it done on the fly then every user who joins has to download every single model you have in "modellist.ini", as opposed to only those ones that exist on this map.

Last edited by purple_pixie; 10-30-2007 at 11:54.
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2007 , 12:11   Re: Easy Model Spawner Menu (cs 1.6)
Reply With Quote #19

For the "where you aiming at" feature you can have a look in stupok69 in-game advertisment plugin.
purple_pixie
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2007 , 12:22   Re: Easy Model Spawner Menu (cs 1.6)
Reply With Quote #20

I can get the co-ords, it's just getting the ent.

Or if that's what you mean then cheers.

(That said, I could just loop through ents checking if that coord is contained by any of them ... )