Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Super Boomer

Post New Thread Reply   

IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2010 , 14:49   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
Reply With Quote #11

Well, I mean "knocked" around like when a boomer explodes next to them style?

There seems to be a major problem with the plugin.

We added this to our 10vs10 server and players would report that the screen would start to none stop shake.

Every SI after a Boomer would have the same power as a Super Boomer, this included Survivors too.

Also the farting noise would never go away.

We using SM 1.4 and latest version of MM on a linux server.
thresh0ld
Old 04-27-2010 , 15:12   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
Well, I mean "knocked" around like when a boomer explodes next to them style?

There seems to be a major problem with the plugin.

We added this to our 10vs10 server and players would report that the screen would start to none stop shake.

Every SI after a Boomer would have the same power as a Super Boomer, this included Survivors too.

Also the farting noise would never go away.

We using SM 1.4 and latest version of MM on a linux server.
Fixed in 0.2. I removed the shake effect while charging as I realized it just annoyed most of the players in my server. Let me know if you are still having issues, thanks.

Last edited by thresh0ld; 04-27-2010 at 15:17.
marvel
BANNED
Old 04-27-2010 , 17:42   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
Reply With Quote #13

Haha that looked amazing lol. I'm gonna test it
marvel
BANNED
Old 04-27-2010 , 17:57   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
Reply With Quote #14

I tested it but it didn't work. It charged to 10 seconds, then a shake, but boomer stayed foot, then it counted to 15 to start at 1 again.

Also the center chat instruction disappears too fast for you to read so you might change that to hint or chat message.
thresh0ld
Old 04-27-2010 , 20:36   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
I tested it but it didn't work. It charged to 10 seconds, then a shake, but boomer stayed foot, then it counted to 15 to start at 1 again.
You need to JUMP once the boomer is fully charged (by default, thats 10 secs), it will not rocket jump automatically.

Also, there are two things that could cause a charge reset

1) If you release the crouch button before boomer is fully charged
2) If you went past the number of seconds allotted for a full charge and still haven't pressed the jump button, the charge will expire as specified by sm_sb_chargeexpire

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
Also the center chat instruction disappears too fast for you to read so you might change that to hint or chat message.
This is noted. Thanks
marvel
BANNED
Old 04-28-2010 , 04:22   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
Reply With Quote #16

Thanks I didn't know u needed to jump, I'll try it again
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2010 , 11:14   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
Reply With Quote #17

Super Boomer is working now without any problems so far, but when you do the "Super Boom" you jump up in the air and that's it, there is no forward motion to it...

Needs some forward motion as can't really do anything with it expect offer Survivors a funny looking Boomer jumping up and down.

EDIT UPDATE!

Seems to kinda work when you are moving forward and crouching and jump, but I expected that if you hold crouch and jump it fires you into the air with a forward type of arc.

Hmm.

Last edited by IronWarrior; 04-28-2010 at 11:18.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2010 , 19:32   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
Reply With Quote #18

My players are loving this and theres been some epic attacks using this for example, a friend of mine managed to charge right into the Safe Room on DaC / Barns using the Super Boomer attack to vomit/boom them all.

Anyway back to my bug report, I think this is a bug right?

I found out when you do a "Super Boomer" your speed is increased to warp speed so you can zoom around really fast, don't think that's meant to happen right?
setacina
Old 04-29-2010 , 22:26   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
Reply With Quote #19

GAMEMODE: 10vs10 {versus}

warning:L 04/30/2010 - 02:48:25: [SM] Native "GetClientAbsOrigin" reported: Client 5 is not in game
L 04/30/2010 - 02:48:25: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "Infected\l4d2_superboomer.smx":
L 04/30/2010 - 02:48:25: [SM] [0] Line 383, D:\L4D2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting \l4d2_superboomer.sp::Tick_ChargingEffects()
thresh0ld
Old 04-30-2010 , 00:14   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
My players are loving this and theres been some epic attacks using this for example, a friend of mine managed to charge right into the Safe Room on DaC / Barns using the Super Boomer attack to vomit/boom them all.
I'm glad to hear that I appreciate the feedback as always.

Quote:
Anyway back to my bug report, I think this is a bug right?

I found out when you do a "Super Boomer" your speed is increased to warp speed so you can zoom around really fast, don't think that's meant to happen right?
Well, It's not really a bug...I felt that it was a needed feature to help "jump start" the rocket boom...To help you understand better, what the plugin is actually doing is temporarily set the player's gravity to the lowest value possible..then it uses the "speed boost" to help make the actual rocket boom happen.

This is why I added an expiration cvar for the charge, so players won't be able to abuse the speed boost (by holding duck without activating the jump). The default expiration time of the charge is 3 seconds...so you might want to try to lower it to reduce the time of the "speed boosting" and avoid players taking too much advantage of it.