Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2009 , 09:51   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

yeah... he cant change it server side from his client, but if he accidentally set sv_cheats 1 on his client while logged into a kac protected server, KAC would see that as cheating... and the sv_cheats 1 cvar will always result in an autoban... (my ban logs are full of them... XD)

just a thought

edit: tell ur idiot friend that having a cheat bound to a key is a good way to get into trouble... much better to just make a config and manually exec it when u want to launch ur bots
Old 09-15-2009 , 10:17   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquare420 View Post
yeah... he cant change it server side from his client, but if he accidentally set sv_cheats 1 on his client while logged into a kac protected server, KAC would see that as cheating... and the sv_cheats 1 cvar will always result in an autoban... (my ban logs are full of them... XD)

just a thought

edit: tell ur idiot friend that having a cheat bound to a key is a good way to get into trouble... much better to just make a config and manually exec it when u want to launch ur bots
He can't change it on his client. At all.... KAC is not banning people for changing convars so much as it is banning them for doing something that on normal clients is IMPOSSIBLE.

Try all these supposed methods of getting falsely banned. You'll find that you can't get falsely banned by KAC. If ya some how do let me know the exact steps to reproduce.

Last edited by Kigen; 09-15-2009 at 10:20.
lhffan
Old 09-15-2009 , 11:08   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

have to trye hack my own serve with out extra tools...
Maxis010
Old 09-15-2009 , 11:08   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquare420 View Post
tell ur idiot friend that having a cheat bound to a key is a good way to get into trouble... much better to just make a config and manually exec it when u want to launch ur bots
True having a cheat command bound is a bad idea and yes having a config is also good since that is the method I use for a lot of my testing

Just don't call him an idiot for trying to save himself a little work by having a key bind to a cheat command, the worst it will do is trigger the brute-force protection on whatever server he runs it on, in fact it won't even do that as the bind has no RCon
ForwardThinking
Old 09-15-2009 , 13:23   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

I'd go so far to call your friend a hacker and a liar.
Are you not listening to Kigen or do you just think you know more than him?

You can not get banned from binding "sv_cheats 1"

If it was rcon sv_cheats 1 -Yes, but the whole server would be banned, not just your friend.

So.. you're friend has some explaining to do =S

I'm not trying to start an argument, but let it be known that what Kigen said above is fact
Maxis010
Old 09-15-2009 , 13:41   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardThinking View Post
I'd go so far to call your friend a hacker and a liar.
Are you not listening to Kigen or do you just think you know more than him?

You can not get banned from binding "sv_cheats 1"

If it was rcon sv_cheats 1 -Yes, but the whole server would be banned, not just your friend.

So.. you're friend has some explaining to do =S

I'm not trying to start an argument, but let it be known that what Kigen said above is fact
Setting sv_cheats 1 with rcon won't get you banned as it changes server side and client side otherwise I would have been banned from my own server along with about 7 other people

Like I said, like you said and like Kigan has said, sv_cheats 1 alone is not a ban

What you are thinking of (correct me if I'm wrong) is cvar consistency, if a cvar on the server is different on the client side (server sv_cheats 0 - client sv_cheats 1) then THAT will trigger KAC as that is a hack that allows client side to use sv_cheats 1 commands while other players that aren't hacking can't

P.S Repeating ForwardThinking a little here
Let it be known that what Kigen said above is fact, and I should bladdy well hope so as he freaking created KAC (As if the name Kigan Anti Cheat wasn't a big enough hint), and I doubt it would be this popular and effective if he didn't know WTF his own plugin was doing to the point that sv_cheats 1 would effectively ban the server and cause havok for the admins while they fix it
rautamiekka
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2009 , 13:46   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxis010 View Post
Setting sv_cheats 1 with rcon won't get you banned as it changes server side and client side otherwise I would have been banned from my own server along with about 7 other people

Like I said, like you said and like Kigan has said, sv_cheats 1 alone is not a ban

What you are thinking of (correct me if I'm wrong) is cvar consistency, if a cvar on the server is different on the client side (server sv_cheats 0 - client sv_cheats 1) then THAT will trigger KAC as that is a hack that allows client side to use sv_cheats 1 commands while other players that aren't hacking can't

Let it be known that what Kigen said above is fact, and I should bladdy well hope so as he freaking created KAC (As if the name Kigan Anti Cheat wasn't a big enough hint), and I doubt it would be this popular and effective if he didn't know WTF his own plugin was doing to the point that sv_cheats 1 would effectively ban the server and cause havok for the admins while they fix it
Allow me to quote my thread from my Forum:

Reasonless KAC Bans simplified
Quote:
1) First, KAC randomly checks on Players if they're doing something idiotic.
2) Then, KAC begins to fix the problems by restoring what was changed
2.1) In this while before step #3, before KAC have finished its job, something changes the changed thingy again.
3) KAC is designed to not register what was changed before it finishing the fixing job so now it issues ban for those who it thinks to have forced something.
That should say something
Send a message via ICQ to rautamiekka Send a message via AIM to rautamiekka Send a message via MSN to rautamiekka Send a message via Yahoo to rautamiekka Send a message via Skype™ to rautamiekka
ForwardThinking
Old 09-15-2009 , 14:14   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

Quote:

Well it's been a while since I tested it, but turning cheats on server-side has indeed banned my entire server in the past. Also- gravity.
This was probably with KAC 1.17 or earlier though.

I'm not a sm coder and Kigen may fill us both in later but I guess there are two reasons it may ban for server-side changes

a. There is a small delay with the server letting everyone know the new sv_cheat value, and in that time KAC checks and bam.
b. KAC only cares about the client cheat value. Even if scheats are enabled server-side, if any clients have sv_cheats set to 1, it bans.

That's my thinking anyway. Hehe We're a little offtopic and offpoint

Again, not trying to argue here (I reinforce this because apparently I often come across as.. arguable) just stating my opinions, and some facts.

Last edited by ForwardThinking; 09-15-2009 at 14:18.
Kigen
BANNED
Old 09-15-2009 , 15:02   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

Quote:

Indeed, this is correct.

KAC, as it is, simply tries and enforce convar replication. KAC will not allow sv_cheats to be set to 1 on the server. There was a issue in 1.1.8 and older that would cause the some or the entire server to be banned when a server admin with RCON (or Admin Mod to sv_cheats) access and turned it on would cause the entire server to be banned. This was corrected in 1.1.9, as well as a few other issues around the server admin changing replicated convars during active check

There are no known issues in KAC 1.1.9 relating to false bans.
ForwardThinking
Old 09-15-2009 , 15:55   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

That's good info to know Kigen, thanks.
Closed Thread