Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

ffriozi
Old 05-13-2016 , 12:13   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1861

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
Properly, you cannot. If you edit the players points in the database, it will simply get reset back to its rightful amount once the player refreshes their profile or completes a map/improves their time. However, you can edit a player's multiplier, which essentially does change the players points, but greatly modifies a player's future points acquisition. You can find the player's multiplier in your database, but I strongly recommend you do not change this at all.

In case you wanted more information on the points system, I made an informative post earlier in this thread from last year: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...78#post2348178
Thanks for you explanation.

so i can change the multiplier for one player only and dont affect the rest ?

sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-13-2016 , 12:19   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffriozi View Post
Thanks for you explanation.

so i can change the multiplier for one player only and dont affect the rest ?
That's correct. However, it will be a matter of "testing and checking" to see how many points the player actually gains from modifying the multiplier. I had to do this for one of my players about 6 months ago when there was a very hard to reproduce bug with cksurf with resetting multipliers, that joni fixed since then. Unless the player legitimately gained all these points with map/bonus completions/good times, this WILL throw off the amount of points this player will get in the future from completing more maps/bonuses, hence why I strongly recommend against it.
lay295
Old 05-13-2016 , 22:00   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1863

Quote:
Properly, you cannot. If you edit the players points in the database, it will simply get reset back to its rightful amount once the player refreshes their profile or completes a map/improves their time. However, you can edit a player's multiplier, which essentially does change the players points, but greatly modifies a player's future points acquisition. You can find the player's multiplier in your database, but I strongly recommend you do not change this at all.

In case you wanted more information on the points system, I made an informative post earlier in this thread from last year: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...78#post2348178
Wouldn't it just be easier to add a column to the ck_challenges table and change the bet amount to the points you want to add? Might work but not sure, haven't tested.

http://i.imgur.com/TqXUmHg.png

creepa
Old 05-15-2016 , 07:23   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1864

can someone please tell me why i cant use the insertzones on the map surf_ace. For some reason im trying to add new maps, and i use the commands and some maps wont let me setup the zones. this is happening to alot of surf maps on me. Please help
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-15-2016 , 16:34   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1865

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepa View Post
can someone please tell me why i cant use the insertzones on the map surf_ace. For some reason im trying to add new maps, and i use the commands and some maps wont let me setup the zones. this is happening to alot of surf maps on me. Please help
Not all maps are pre-zoned, you have to add your own zones. Type !zones and start working!
uki125
Old 05-16-2016 , 04:09   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1866

why he gets 700 points for completing maps ?
creepa
Old 05-16-2016 , 07:23   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1867

Quote:
Not all maps are pre-zoned, you have to add your own zones. Type !zones and start working!
the zones work on my other server with no issue when i run the commands to set the zones up automatically. So what can the issue be. Its the same map, why wont it let me automatically create the zones on my other server. What can the issue be ?

Last edited by creepa; 05-16-2016 at 07:24.
creepa
Old 05-16-2016 , 07:26   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1868

This has happen to me with 3 different maps. I have 2 seperate servers from 2 different providers to test it out. When i run the commands that sets the zones and tiers up it works fine on my 1 server, but for some reason it wont create the zones on my other. It does not make sense it works for 1 server but not the other.
Balbin
Old 05-16-2016 , 21:22   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1869

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepa View Post
This has happen to me with 3 different maps. I have 2 seperate servers from 2 different providers to test it out. When i run the commands that sets the zones and tiers up it works fine on my 1 server, but for some reason it wont create the zones on my other. It does not make sense it works for 1 server but not the other.
A whole range of factors come into play here. So I'll give you a checklist of things to do: (1) SQL (or sqlite, but I recommend sql) installed, user created with appropriate permissions, database for cksurf created. (2) databases.cfg set up correctly in sourcemod. (3) Root admin privileges assigned correctly to the user using the !insertmapzones command.

If you've checked all of that and still have an issue, post back.
mufin
BANNED
Old 05-17-2016 , 00:40   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1870

i have a weird bug fresh install on sm meta and ck. when i open up cksurf from admin menu server crashes when i type !zones it works anyway to fix this?