Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

WebNoob
Old 11-14-2013 , 06:25   Re: [v1.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #171

I'll definitely give this a good test soon.

One question - the automatic add-on updating feature: Will it be "smart" enough to not do things like overwrite our database.cfg file when it updates SM?
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-14-2013 , 12:23   Re: [v1.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groger View Post
I'll gladly pay 45$ for this

What does coming soon mean in this case? Any timeframe?
We're going in the order as listed on the features page of http://sedirector.com.

We plan on adding tasks, email notifications, and rcon via GUI by the end of the month. Multiple hosts by the end of December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebNoob View Post
I'll definitely give this a good test soon.

One question - the automatic add-on updating feature: Will it be "smart" enough to not do things like overwrite our database.cfg file when it updates SM?
Absolutely. We designed seDirector to be smart when updating addons. It only replaces required files (like .dll files, translations) to change the version. Plus if something is accidentally overwritten, you can always restore it from addons/[Backups] folder that is automatically created before upgrading/downgrading/installing an addon.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
xSpeced
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-14-2013 , 16:09   Re: [v1.1b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
1.2 is now available for public download at http://sedirector.com.

Remote hosts aren't quite supported yet, but when that feature is added it will work by installing seDirector at each server, then optionally installing seDirector on a workstation to control the servers so you won't have to log in to each one.
Great! Looking forward to remote host.
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-14-2013 , 16:24   Re: [v1.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #174

Nice update.

ok. I created an account "Free" (at least for now) to use the seDirector, I need to add the information of my credit card?
Pickles47
Old 11-15-2013 , 16:22   Re: [v1.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #175

I keep encountering random crash pop-ups from the free version when no crash has occurred, the server's still up, program still running and the service is still running. Anybody else having this problem?

Some of the errors:
Spoiler

Could this be cause by using Trayconizer to send the program to the system try?

Last edited by Pickles47; 11-15-2013 at 17:27.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-15-2013 , 17:51   Re: [v1.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #176

I usually don't dip into paying for software this early but this software is good. Enjoy the money, I bought the lite plan.

Have a good one,
- Jack
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-16-2013 , 12:00   Re: [v1.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayOx View Post
Nice update.

ok. I created an account "Free" (at least for now) to use the seDirector, I need to add the information of my credit card?
No, you can always use the free version without a credit card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles47 View Post
I keep encountering random crash pop-ups from the free version when no crash has occurred, the server's still up, program still running and the service is still running. Anybody else having this problem?
I have another person having this issue. I'm investigating it now.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-16-2013 , 12:32   Re: [v1.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
I usually don't dip into paying for software this early but this software is good. Enjoy the money, I bought the lite plan.

Have a good one,
- Jack
Thanks!

br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-16-2013 , 13:23   Re: [v1.1b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
No, it's more like these:
custom/custom_maps/maps/ (Which is the path Valve's Fletcher Dunn recommended back when TF2 moved to SteamPipe.)
custom/prophunt/maps/
custom/vsh/maps/
custom/huntsmanhell/maps/

These are all real folders on my test server, btw. My normal server just has custom_maps
Can you email me about this so we can add support? Our test server doesn't seem to be liking the custom folder. support [at] ashersoftware [dot] com.

Thanks!

xSpeced
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-26-2013 , 23:39   Re: [v1.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #180

Is the seDirector SM plugin mandatory for auto update?