Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules

Post New Thread Reply   

Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2014 , 20:16   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwanabe View Post
The valve class limits are not class per class. It apply to every class. So if you set it to 2 you can only have 2 of every class. Not all that good in my opinion.
Ehh yeah that sucks... will not use lol
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2014 , 08:46   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #152

https://www.sarabveer.me/steamreg.html

I made a more cleaner and simpler version of PowerLord's site.

Also, to add more games, contact me at: [email protected]

Last edited by Sarabveer; 07-13-2015 at 19:26.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2014 , 15:28   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #153

How do I obtain a login token via the web api tool when I don't have a domain name? Is this even necessary?

I run a home TF2 server on one of my i7 pcs with a great internet connection (94MBs/4MBs). I opted out of quickplay and use the commands of 'tf_server_identity_account' and 'tf_server_identity_token' to register with Steam. The server logs in anonymously and players are able to get item drops.

I'd like to allow players to participate in the Halloween events and get the Halloween gift drops. My assumption is that I'd have to do the enable quickplay in the server config file and have the server log in with the 'sv_setsteamaccout' command in the autoexec config file.

The problem is that it appears I need a registered domain name to use in the web tool created by Power Lord or Sarabveer to register a steam server account to get the login token.

Is there a way around this, or do I have to find a register a domain name to allow players to participate in quick play? Or.... maybe I just don't understand this at all.

Any info or clarification you can provide would be appreciated.

Edit: [Solved]. Steps taken to solve the problem:
1. Went to Steam website: http://steamcommunity.com/dev/registerkey
2. Input my public facing IP address as my domain name, clicked 'register'.
3. Received my Steam Web API key.
4. Input the Steam Web API key in the webtool posted above by Sarabveer: https://www.v33r.tk/steamreg.html
5. Received a json file from the Sarabveer site. Saved it to desktop. Opened it with Notepad ++. Found login token.
6. Added 'sv_setsteamaccout' command with the login token into autoexec.cfg.
7. Changed server shortcut startup command to remove the +login anonymous
8. Started server. Success!
9. Server console now shows: Assigned persistent gameserver Steam ID [G:1xxx].

Last edited by PC Gamer; 10-28-2014 at 16:34. Reason: solved
Donski
Old 10-28-2014 , 15:58   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #154

You can use a random/nonexistent one.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 10-29-2014 , 00:28   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
How do I obtain a login token via the web api tool when I don't have a domain name? Is this even necessary?

I run a home TF2 server on one of my i7 pcs with a great internet connection (94MBs/4MBs). I opted out of quickplay and use the commands of 'tf_server_identity_account' and 'tf_server_identity_token' to register with Steam. The server logs in anonymously and players are able to get item drops.

I'd like to allow players to participate in the Halloween events and get the Halloween gift drops. My assumption is that I'd have to do the enable quickplay in the server config file and have the server log in with the 'sv_setsteamaccout' command in the autoexec config file.

The problem is that it appears I need a registered domain name to use in the web tool created by Power Lord or Sarabveer to register a steam server account to get the login token.

Is there a way around this, or do I have to find a register a domain name to allow players to participate in quick play? Or.... maybe I just don't understand this at all.

Any info or clarification you can provide would be appreciated.

Edit: [Solved]. Steps taken to solve the problem:
1. Went to Steam website: http://steamcommunity.com/dev/registerkey
2. Input my public facing IP address as my domain name, clicked 'register'.
3. Received my Steam Web API key.
4. Input the Steam Web API key in the webtool posted above by Sarabveer: https://www.v33r.tk/steamreg.html
5. Received a json file from the Sarabveer site. Saved it to desktop. Opened it with Notepad ++. Found login token.
6. Added 'sv_setsteamaccout' command with the login token into autoexec.cfg.
7. Changed server shortcut startup command to remove the +login anonymous
8. Started server. Success!
9. Server console now shows: Assigned persistent gameserver Steam ID [G:1xxx].
Two things:

1. You don't need to have a persistent gameserver account to receive drops (as far as I know). You only need to be logged into the TF2 GC with your identity account and token. You can opt out of Quickplay and still get drops.
2. Why did you have +login anonymous on your server's command line?
Old 12-06-2014 , 18:19   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Each WebAPI Key can register up to 50 Server Steam IDs.

Where can I find source of this?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-22-2014 , 11:46   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #157

I updated my registration page to add a LOT of other games that it was missing and touch up a few other things (HTML5's "required" attribute is nice btw).

It may not be as nice looking as Sarabveer's version... it's intended to be functional, not look nice, as it was intended to be temporary. Also, it intentionally doesn't include any script or style elements in case people were paranoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amroth View Post
Where can I find source of this?
Missed that someone asked this.

It's from one of Fletcher Dunn's messages on the hlds list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher Dunn; Thu, 6 Feb 2014 11:16:11 -0800
Max 50 steam gameserver accounts per user account.
It's archived on the web.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-22-2014 at 11:49.
danne2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-02-2015 , 18:05   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #158

http://graymanngaming.com/steam_webapitool.html
I mirrored Bubka's API tool since his website appears to be down. Has a bit more than the one Powerlord put up.

Last edited by danne2; 02-02-2015 at 18:06.
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2015 , 03:29   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #159

About the quickplay rules, we can't be in the quicikplay if we run a gamemode like Manvstank?.

And if yes we can run Mannvstank we can be in the quickplay even if the plugin spawn a giant with a custom weapon??
Old 04-13-2015 , 03:44   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
About the quickplay rules, we can't be in the quicikplay if we run a gamemode like Manvstank?.

And if yes we can run Mannvstank we can be in the quickplay even if the plugin spawn a giant with a custom weapon??
Quick play only works with official maps on their official game mode
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/List_of_maps